Gifts for ushers

Old Jun 21st 2013, 4:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Gifts for ushers

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
That's possibly entering naff territory.
I thought so too. Until I saw the bottle. Engraving small and on back.

What about a set of silver/metal Dunhill collar stiffies?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

At my friend's wedding she gave spa vouchers for the ladies/round of golf/restaurant vouchers for the men. Vouchers may seem impersonal but I had a lovely day at Marr Hall chilling at their spa. - Nothing stuck in a drawer there.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 10:21 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Yeah.

My wedding is going to be unremarkable. Just like every British wedding I've attended. Church. Marquee. Morning dress. Women on heels trying to walk through muddy fields. It'll probably rain. Lots of good booze. Indifferent food.

We don't go for the 'personal touch'.
wow, either you're sick of the whole thing at this point or you probably shouldn't be bothering at all.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oi!

I am looking forward to being married. The wedding itself? Just being pragmatic. It'll be a good time. My point is that as weddings go it's not going to be out of the ordinary. It's only important to the couple getting married and their parents. For everyone else it's just another wedding (and I say this as someone who's been a usher half dozen times and a best man once before).

Settled on the gift. A bottle of good scotch, a bottle of port and a bottle of decent claret per person. More than my initial budget but I'm happy and it has the SWMBO's approval.

Originally Posted by shiva
wow, either you're sick of the whole thing at this point or you probably shouldn't be bothering at all.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 12:26 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Oi!

I am looking forward to being married. The wedding itself? Just being pragmatic. It'll be a good time. My point is that as weddings go it's not going to be out of the ordinary. It's only important to the couple getting married and their parents. For everyone else it's just another wedding (and I say this as someone who's been a usher half dozen times and a best man once before).

Settled on the gift. A bottle of good scotch, a bottle of port and a bottle of decent claret per person. More than my initial budget but I'm happy and it has the SWMBO's approval.

You appear to be lacking in imagination. Why do exactly what everyone else does? I don't get the identikit approach to weddings that so many people follow. It's your wedding so you should make it personal to you, not just another wedding, same as everyone else's.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You appear to be lacking in imagination. Why do exactly what everyone else does? I don't get the identikit approach to weddings that so many people follow. It's your wedding so you should make it personal to you, not just another wedding, same as everyone else's.
I don't think Ethos has done anything out of the ordinary in his whole life - give him a break.

Anyway, I'd get them a decent engraved key ring.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 12:48 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I don't think Ethos has done anything out of the ordinary in his whole life - give him a break.

Yeah, but Dragonmart's a long way for Ethos to travel to.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 12:51 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I got married in my parents-in-law's front room, can't get much more personal than that. We then had a party at the Casablanca Club, which I'd forgotten about till just now (and I'm going to Casablanca tomorrow)
Old Jun 21st 2013, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

All I care about is being married and making her my wife. The wedding itself is what she wants. And I'm happy to go with the flow.

To be fair I have always enjoyed the traditional weddings. I like and appreciate the history, culture and tradition behind it.

Old Jun 21st 2013, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

Should I thank you?

Our lives are ordinary by the standards of our peers and we're happy with that. It's a pretty good life.

Originally Posted by Millhouse

Old Jun 21st 2013, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I prefer gifts that mean something and give memories rather than more crap that we don't need, whats the point of giving crap for the sake of a formality, we all have so little time for each other with work etc so I'd go down the golfing day or dog racing route or something you can all do together.

failing that engraved bottle opener- at least it'll get used. but don't get it engraved with your wedding dates as thats naff give them a personal message each

I hope you are showing a little more enthusiasm to the future mrs ethos
Old Jun 21st 2013, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

The ring on her finger is pretty damn enthusiastic.

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Personally I prefer gifts that mean something and give memories rather than more crap that we don't need, whats the point of giving crap for the sake of a formality, we all have so little time for each other with work etc so I'd go down the golfing day or dog racing route or something you can all do together.

failing that engraved bottle opener- at least it'll get used. but don't get it engraved with your wedding dates as thats naff give them a personal message each

I hope you are showing a little more enthusiasm to the future mrs ethos
Old Jun 21st 2013, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Ethos, honestly, you've started to sound rather underwhelmed recently- not just this thread. I hope you do actually want to do this?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

All right. I don't express emotions easily.

I do love her. I want her to be my wife.

But I know that marriage to her means living a certain life. It's a life I always assumed I'd have so who's to complain. But sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be with a different kind of woman? A different kind of life?

The marriage is going to be final. There's no going back. I'm not afraid of it but I think I will miss that potential opportunity to try something different.

ok. I'm off in a half hour for this weekend of unknown. But don't expect me to come back with tattoos.

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Ethos, honestly, you've started to sound rather underwhelmed recently- not just this thread. I hope you do actually want to do this?
Old Jun 21st 2013, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you marrying Pippa Middleton? lol actually I'm sure she isn't posh enough

So what kind of other life?

The grass is always greener Ethos, it sounds like your bed is made to be fair, but also sounds like you have chosen it, but you could always change it if you really wanted to. You are in control of your life although its not always easy to not do what is expected of you.

My understanding of marriage is there are good times and bad times, to get through the bad times you have to want to get through them, you have to want to make it work. If you're always thinking what if are you going to be able to do that.

Also its perfectly normal to have a few wedding jitters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.