Gifts for ushers

Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gifts for ushers

Big day is coming up in a month's time and she who must be obeyed reminded me that I need to get small token gifts for the ushers and best man.

Since I know you're all regular habitués of fashion and style mags, I'm sure you can come up with some right solid suggestions.

One caveat. No cufflinks. We all have too many of these already.

?
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:12 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gifts for ushers

custom cufflinks, my brother got arabic calligraphy ones done, very tasteful and subtle but unique and a nice gift.

apart from that whats your budget per head, range of gifts is limitless so a budget would narrow down options considerably.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

You could always go with the engraved tankard - fairly useless (unless they like drinking from a metal container) but a nice keepsake. Not sure where you'd get one over here though.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Hmm. Between £50 and £100 each? Five men total.

Or am I being too cheap? I don't want to go Mentalist.

Originally Posted by shiva
custom cufflinks, my brother got arabic calligraphy ones done, very tasteful and subtle but unique and a nice gift.

apart from that whats your budget per head, range of gifts is limitless so a budget would narrow down options considerably.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Getting married in UK.

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
You could always go with the engraved tankard - fairly useless (unless they like drinking from a metal container) but a nice keepsake. Not sure where you'd get one over here though.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:19 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

budget seems fine, depends what your mates like. try get something thats personal to you and them, that will mean something in the future and not something that they will never use.
I hate gifts that sit in drawers then get binned ten years later.

if your mates were out here then arabic calligraphy cufflinks might mean something. Think about shared experiences etc and something they can use regularly.

If nothing comes to mind a nice silver money clip with their initials etc. Hip flasks, tankards etc tend to just collect dust and to my mind are a waste of time and money
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:20 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

A good bottle of vintage champagne in a nice presentation box maybe?
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:22 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
not bad idea but I'd go for a port they can lay down for a while
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:24 am
Account Closed

That actually is a solid idea. A first from you, BC. Not unique but it's something that would be well appreciated, more than yet another pair of cufflinks.

One of the ushers was in Dubai with me but not the rest so a Dubai/Gulf related memento isn't going to strike the right chords.

Vintage champagne, really good wine or first rate scotch?

Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:24 am
Account Closed

Or port even. I'm beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

not bad idea but I'd go for a port they can lay down for a while
yeah well any bottle of nice stuff really, in a nice box to keep so to say men don't really do jewellery and shit they would probably be happier of with a voucher for some kind of action day thing
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Ethos83
That actually is a solid idea. A first from you, BC. Not unique but it's something that would be well appreciated, more than yet another pair of cufflinks.

One of the ushers was in Dubai with me but not the rest so a Dubai/Gulf related memento isn't going to strike the right chords.

bloody cheek I am full of good ideas!
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:26 am
Account Closed

Which reminds me to hunt for the passport. They're taking me out on a stag do for the weekend. It's a surprise. Not got a clue where / what.

yeah well any bottle of nice stuff really, in a nice box to keep so to say men don't really do jewellery and shit they would probably be happier of with a voucher for some kind of action day thing
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:32 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by Ethos83

http://www.gordonandmacphail.com/
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:40 am
Account Closed

I have had their whisky at a wedding in Scotland. Each of us got a little bottle as a favour.

Mine is still unopened somewhere. But I sampled someone else's and it's good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.