Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Getting gold things made

Getting gold things made

Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting gold things made

bob your thinking lovebeads hun!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:20 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Cara's is the only place I would use. We bought our wedding bands there. Also I bought my mrs engagement ring and another ring from there. Anytime I'm passing, I pop in and they will polish my ring for free..fnar. Seriously, the give me a tin of coke while I wait and 15mins later...job done.

On our wedding day, they let my wife borrow over £10K's worth of diamond jewellery. No signing for anything, nothing. 'Yea, just return it before next weekend'..

That kind of service is the reason we go back and we tell our family and visiting friends to go there.

Kiran can't write? Strange, he wrote a draft contract in front of my wife when they wanted her to come and work in cara's...(It was an ongoing joke between them that they would like a scottish girl to work in the shop as half the customers seem to be Scottish)...unless that wasn't him of course. Maybe a writing body double
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by commander

Kiran can't write? Strange, he wrote a draft contract in front of my wife when they wanted her to come and work in cara's...(It was an ongoing joke between them that they would like a scottish girl to work in the shop as half the customers seem to be Scottish)...unless that wasn't him of course. Maybe a writing body double
It's because you're all tight and won't go to a full price shop.

Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's because you're all tight and won't go to a full price shop.

I only know of 2 (Marina Mall or down south at Al Kout Mall - the one with the noisy water fountains and the mall is of a souk style)
Old Sep 10th 2012, 7:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Cara's is the only place I would use. We bought our wedding bands there. Also I bought my mrs engagement ring and another ring from there. Anytime I'm passing, I pop in and they will polish my ring for free..fnar. Seriously, the give me a tin of coke while I wait and 15mins later...job done.

On our wedding day, they let my wife borrow over £10K's worth of diamond jewellery. No signing for anything, nothing. 'Yea, just return it before next weekend'..

That kind of service is the reason we go back and we tell our family and visiting friends to go there.

The after service is superb. There are many reasons why it's always the busiest shop in there.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
does he? he also owns the Lovelinks Shop
I got my nads plated there in 2008. The shine is wearing off now and there's a younger lad at work with brighter ones. Pfft
Old Sep 10th 2012, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

bananantoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I got my nads plated there in 2008. The shine is wearing off now and there's a younger lad at work with brighter ones. Pfft
Haven't a clue what all that means!