Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Getting gold things made

Getting gold things made

Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:28 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting gold things made

Ok so Mrs Spugsy wants a nice birthday present, she wants something like this:

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item...rm=&omcid=SGE1

But as you can see it's $2k. Now obviously Tiffany is expensive and she's not that arsed and suggested getting it made over here from one of the Gold Souks.

Has anyone had anything like this done and can anyone give me some advice of where to go and how much I would pay?

Cheers all...
Attached Thumbnails Getting gold things made-screen-shot-2012-09-09-14.29.09.png  
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting gold things made

Originally Posted by Spugsy
Ok so Mrs Spugsy wants a nice birthday present, she wants something like this:

http://www.tiffany.com/shopping/item...rm=&omcid=SGE1

But as you can see it's $2k. Now obviously Tiffany is expensive and she's not that arsed and suggested getting it made over here from one of the Gold Souks.

Has anyone had anything like this done and can anyone give me some advice of where to go and how much I would pay?

Cheers all...
go to Cara in the G&D park. Workmanship costs will be peanuts - and you can watch them work away in their rabbit warrens if you are really bored.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, Cara is the place to go. They'll charge you the going rate for gold and not much more. They have a deserved great reputation and I've used them for years.

Take in a photo of what you want, although they may have something similar in stock.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:33 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
go to Cara in the G&D park. Workmanship costs will be peanuts - and you can watch them work away in their rabbit warrens if you are really bored.
Is that the place near MOE?

I'll drop in, it's next to my fitness place.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the place near MOE?

I'll drop in, it's next to my fitness place.
yes, next to the RTA centre on the other side of the road.

Go to Cara, not Carla which is a shop next door (which I can't help thinking are a rip off). I was there last week - prices are only every-so-slightly negotiable but they are fair. Unlike the rest of the crooks in that place.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 10:37 am
why ayeeeee man!

Go to Cara, not Carla which is a shop next door (which I can't help thinking are a rip off). I was there last week - prices are only every-so-slightly negotiable but they are fair. Unlike the rest of the crooks in that place.
Sounds great, cheers mate.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are owned by the same guy to be honest with you, he owns a load of stuff in there.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 12:26 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Kiran, the owner of Cara, also owns Urban Tails 'pet resort'.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
does he? he also owns the Lovelinks Shop and the Pandora one in Gold and Diamond
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:31 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
does he? he also owns the Lovelinks Shop and the Pandora one in Gold and Diamond
I think they are all owned by him and his brother. He's a very switched on chap.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 1:42 pm
Concierge

I think they are all owned by him and his brother. He's a very switched on chap.
very and you know he can't read?
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:02 pm
Bored liberal

very and you know he can't read?
Really? He can manage number all right. I am sure I've seen him write stuff down, so I wonder if we're talking about the same man? Either way, they have good businesses.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:38 pm
why ayeeeee man!

No way? I'd better get a good deal then as that's where Santi goes.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great, cheers mate.
Think you could take video or lots of pics of the craftmanship? I love to watch craftsman, especially old world craftsmanship.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 7:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

does he? he also owns the Lovelinks Shop...
That sounds all very Ann Summers....so dare I ask?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.