British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   friday brunch (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/friday-brunch-791571/)

greengirls Mar 23rd 2013 5:50 pm

friday brunch
 
Hi guys, coming to Dubai next week with my hubby and 7 year old.
anyone recommend any good places to have Friday Brunch with a child.. Dont want them being bored...

Or is there anywhere got something for kids to do on easter wknd.. Thanks in advance:)

jam25mack Mar 23rd 2013 6:34 pm

Re: friday brunch
 
Saffron at the Atlantis has a painting corner where kids can paint some pictures.

NorthernLad Mar 23rd 2013 7:01 pm

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by greengirls (Post 10620083)
Hi guys, coming to Dubai next week with my hubby and 7 year old.
anyone recommend any good places to have Friday Brunch with a child.. Dont want them being bored...

Or is there anywhere got something for kids to do on easter wknd.. Thanks in advance:)

Bubbalicious at The Westin, in my opinion the best all round brunch in Dubai now.

rowell Mar 24th 2013 2:46 am

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10620179)
Bubbalicious at The Westin, in my opinion the best all round brunch in Dubai now.

I am looking at my very last brunch this Friday, I go to Anise a lot, been to Latitude quite a few times, Never been to Al Qasr, but what makes Bubbalicious the best all round brunch in your opinion, been to Westin for a steak and whilst good, not the best I have had.

NorthernLad Mar 24th 2013 3:05 am

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10620511)
I am looking at my very last brunch this Friday, I go to Anise a lot, been to Latitude quite a few times, Never been to Al Qasr, but what makes Bubbalicious the best all round brunch in your opinion, been to Westin for a steak and whilst good, not the best I have had.

Huge choice of food, all good quality, great atmosphere. Last time we went to Al Qasr it was very disappointing.

Latitude is good but when we've been it was lacking any atmosphere.

mentalist Mar 24th 2013 5:27 am

Re: friday brunch
 
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=791238

Dumbo Mar 24th 2013 5:35 am

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 10620524)
Huge choice of food, all good quality, great atmosphere. Last time we went to Al Qasr it was very disappointing.

Latitude is good but when we've been it was lacking any atmosphere.


Scamp Mar 24th 2013 5:45 am

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by rowell (Post 10620511)
I am looking at my very last brunch this Friday, I go to Anise a lot, been to Latitude quite a few times, Never been to Al Qasr, but what makes Bubbalicious the best all round brunch in your opinion, been to Westin for a steak and whilst good, not the best I have had.

Latitude - refuse to go back since they put the price up, it jumped by Xdhs and they added a popcorn cart.

Bubblicious - Huge, but not too busy, can still get around. Food selection is immense and the Asian acrobats are pretty cool.

Al Qasr - Lovely, but ALWAYS too many people in there and end up struggling to get from one area through to another because the walk ways are narrow and the patrons are ****ing monsters.

Meow Mar 24th 2013 2:21 pm

Re: friday brunch
 
I am so over those massive buffet brunches. Two of my favourites are both (unlimited) a la carte. So much more civilised and you don't spend half your time wandering around trying to decide what to eat and not talking to your companions.

I suspect this makes me sound old. :unsure:

Kix Mar 24th 2013 2:22 pm

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10621070)
I am so over those massive buffet brunches. Two of my favourites are both (unlimited) a la carte. So much more civilised and you don't spend half your time wandering around trying to decide what to eat and not talking to your companions.

I suspect this makes me sound old. :unsure:

Where are they Meow? Or would rather not say...

Meow Mar 24th 2013 2:27 pm

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10621071)
Where are they Meow? Or would rather not say...

And encourage the riff-raff!! :ohmy:

Neither are 'child-friendly' which is a Good Thing. ;)

Kix Mar 24th 2013 2:30 pm

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10621075)
And encourage the riff-raff!! :ohmy:

Neither are 'child-friendly' which is a Good Thing. ;)

You calling me "riff-raff"?

Well I've been called worse.

Meow Mar 24th 2013 2:31 pm

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10621079)
You calling me "riff-raff"?

Well I've been called worse.

If the hat fits... ;)

Who knows who might be reading this? There could be Chelsea fans! :blink:

Kix Mar 24th 2013 2:33 pm

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10621081)
If the hat fits... ;)

Who knows who might be reading this? There could be Chelsea fans! :blink:

Oh god forbid.

Maybe macums too, or even, dare I say it, Fulham fans.... :rofl:

Meow Mar 24th 2013 2:44 pm

Re: friday brunch
 

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10621082)
Oh god forbid.

Maybe macums too, or even, dare I say it, Fulham fans.... :rofl:


Tsk! Fulham fans are the quiet ones in the corner, sipping a spritzer...


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:29 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.