British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   friday brunch (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/friday-brunch-791571/)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 5:05 am

Re: friday brunch

3. LATITUDE – Jumeirah Beach Hotel – Rating: Very Good (04 406 8999)

a. Friday Brunch: Dhs. 315 (without alcohol) Dhs. 435 (with alcohol)

This used to be way cheaper, low 300's for booze too IIRC.

We went back and it was about 400ish and asked what had improved, the bloke just pointed at the popcorn stand!

Not been back since, it's good and we got great service but unless you sit outside it feels like you're in the lobby.

the_red_sheep Aug 19th 2013 5:20 am

Mike – thanks good list, worth being made a sticky thread up top….

Scamp – was tempted by Latitude (there’s downloadable 2 for 1 vouchers available for it on the Entertainer website this month), but heard it’s a funny layout inside and figured too hot for sitting outside. Very tempted by Grand Grill, have dropped them and email.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 5:35 am

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep (Post 10857572)
Mike – thanks good list, worth being made a sticky thread up top….

Scamp – was tempted by Latitude (there’s downloadable 2 for 1 vouchers available for it on the Entertainer website this month), but heard it’s a funny layout inside and figured too hot for sitting outside. Very tempted by Grand Grill, have dropped them and email.

Latitude is good, don't get me wrong but it's where I've taken my parents and the in-laws.

Grand Grill is quality though, always lively and a good buzz, DJ comes on with an hour or so to go I believe. The ribs, seriously, are the business. Even if they are the cheap ones, end of the week etc etc, they still rock.

Blue Cat Aug 19th 2013 7:25 am

http://www.therealgeordiearmani.com/nine7one/

Not a big bruncher at all to be honest with you but we were invited to this last Friday, it launches on the 31st of August, I enjoyed it as it was something a bit different. It's at the Oberoi in Business Bay.

the_red_sheep Aug 19th 2013 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10857654)

Not a big bruncher at all to be honest with you but we were invited to this last Friday, it launches on the 31st of August, I enjoyed it as it was something a bit different. It's at the Oberoi in Business Bay.

BC - thanks I saw your tweet about Oberoi and read the review earlier. I like the sound of the concept, and it's close by so will check it out sometime.

Booked the Grand Grill, based on the promise of awesome ribs! Did Toro Toro (which was excellent, if a little quiet) a few weeks ago so will be interested to compare the quality of the meats between the two.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 11:01 am

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep (Post 10857779)
Booked the Grand Grill, based on the promise of awesome ribs! Did Toro Toro (which was excellent, if a little quiet) a few weeks ago so will be interested to compare the quality of the meats between the two.

Pressure is on, I might ring them and tell them to make it a good one.

Meow Aug 19th 2013 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10857924)
Pressure is on, I might ring them and tell them to make it a good one.

"Hello is that the Grand Grill? Could you make sure that the_red_sheep off the internet has a good brunch experience with you? Thanks."

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10857967)
"Hello is that the Grand Grill? Could you make sure that the_red_sheep off the internet has a good brunch experience with you? Thanks."

Aw thanks, you did it for me.

Kix Aug 19th 2013 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10857654)

I read your review and like the idea of that.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10857976)

I like the idea it's walking distance from me. TICK.

Blue Cat Aug 19th 2013 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Kix (Post 10857976)

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10857994)
I like the idea it's walking distance from me. TICK.

it was good, doesn't start officially until 31st of August but I think it will be pretty popular :)

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10858063)
it was good, doesn't start officially until 31st of August but I think it will be pretty popular :)

Whole hotel not starting or just that brunch?
To save me looking, does the hotel have a sports bar?

Thanking you in advance.

Blue Cat Aug 19th 2013 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10858066)
Whole hotel not starting or just that brunch?
To save me looking, does the hotel have a sports bar?

Thanking you in advance.

no sports bar, there is a Japanese Restaurant, an Indian one and then this outlet where the brunch is. Hotel is open but the brunch doesn't officially start until 31st of August, more people around then.

scrubbedexpat141 Aug 19th 2013 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10858080)
no sports bar, there is a Japanese Restaurant, an Indian one and then this outlet where the brunch is. Hotel is open but the brunch doesn't officially start until 31st of August, more people around then.

OK cool, thanks BC.