Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Best brunch in Dubai: Traiteur, Al Qasr, Al Muna or Al Muntaha?

Best brunch in Dubai: Traiteur, Al Qasr, Al Muna or Al Muntaha?

Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

MTodd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best brunch in Dubai: Traiteur, Al Qasr, Al Muna or Al Muntaha?

Hey all,

My friend and I are both males in our mid-twenties and are looking for a couple of good brunches to visit when in Dubai this June.

Last year we visited Le Traiteur and were very impressed – we liked the fact that the food was of an extremely high quality and thought the atmosphere was just right. This time round we have two available brunch slots and are not sure whether to stick with what we know or try something new! We have narrowed the choice down to the following 4 options: Al Qasr, Al Muna (Mina a Salam), Al Muntaha (Burj al Arab) and Traiteur.

We are looking for a very high standard of food in a great setting – we are not as bothered about the ‘party atmosphere’ evident at brunches like Yalumba, Saffron etc. We are also aware that outdoor elements will be limited, given the time of year. Alcohol is not a major consideration as we are unsure whether we will be choosing the alcohol packages on either occasion. The price differences between the brunches are also not decisive.

From what we have gathered, Al Qasr and Al Muntaha appear to have more ‘wow’ factor, given their setting, but Traiteur and Al Muna appear to be of a (marginally) higher quality in food terms. Both of these factors are important to us and this is why we are unable to make the final cut!

Would love to hear from anyone who has tried any number of these brunches!

Many thanks
Old Mar 20th 2013, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best brunch in Dubai: Traiteur, Al Qasr, Al Muna or Al Muntaha?

Originally Posted by MTodd
Hey all,

My friend and I are both males in our mid-twenties and are looking for a couple of good brunches to visit when in Dubai this June.

Last year we visited Le Traiteur and were very impressed – we liked the fact that the food was of an extremely high quality and thought the atmosphere was just right. This time round we have two available brunch slots and are not sure whether to stick with what we know or try something new! We have narrowed the choice down to the following 4 options: Al Qasr, Al Muna (Mina a Salam), Al Muntaha (Burj al Arab) and Traiteur.

We are looking for a very high standard of food in a great setting – we are not as bothered about the ‘party atmosphere’ evident at brunches like Yalumba, Saffron etc. We are also aware that outdoor elements will be limited, given the time of year. Alcohol is not a major consideration as we are unsure whether we will be choosing the alcohol packages on either occasion. The price differences between the brunches are also not decisive.

From what we have gathered, Al Qasr and Al Muntaha appear to have more ‘wow’ factor, given their setting, but Traiteur and Al Muna appear to be of a (marginally) higher quality in food terms. Both of these factors are important to us and this is why we are unable to make the final cut!

Many thanks
For me Al Qasr rates the highest, not just because of the quality of food, but in June it is too hot to be outside. If you were coming earlier, I would have recommended Mina a Salam, but on the Wharf terrace not Al Muna. The inside atmosphere is not as nice as Al Qasr.
The Burj brunch is, I think, very over rated. Definitely my choice would be Al Qasr but ask for a table in the MJs restaurant... it is by far the nicer area.

I recently tried the brunch at Ruth Chris's at the Address hotel at the Dubai marina..it was excellent! Not a buffet, you choose from an a la carte menu, lovely steaks, nice wines and a good Jazz/blues singer to boot

Last edited by Patsy Stoned; Mar 20th 2013 at 5:36 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:40 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MTodd
Hey all,

Many thanks
Anise at Intercon, Festival City every time for me.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 12:32 pm
Happy To Help!

TopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the roughTopNik is a jewel in the rough

Hello MTodd,

Al Qasr would be my choice
Old Mar 21st 2013, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

I had visitors in January and we went to Al Muna at the Madinat - I was very disappointed in the only brunch that they got to experience.
- everything was so spaced out and you had to walk for quite a distance to get what you wanted. Asian section disappointing.
My favourite brunch by far is Zuma not cheap but superb.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Yalumba or Al Qasr for me!

Saying that, I'm heading to Double Decker with football boys tomorrow.... a little bit scared!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Yalumba or Al Qasr for me!

Saying that, I'm heading to Double Decker with football boys tomorrow.... a little bit scared!
Be afraid...very afraid!!