Wikiposts

Film 2009 onwards....

Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:49 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Film 2009 onwards....

I go through phases, last year it was anything with Robert Carlisle in it, this year it is Bill Nighy
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I go through phases, last year it was anything with Robert Carlisle in it, this year it is Bill Nighy
Watch Valkyrie...He's in it...He *ucks it up at some point too...
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
A woman who likes Bill Nighy?

Unheard of............ go and lie down in a darkened room until you feel better........
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:57 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
A woman who likes Bill Nighy?

Unheard of............ go and lie down in a darkened room until you feel better........
I love him! think he is hilarious! he is brill in Love Actually
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:39 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Bill Nighy in 'The Mens Room' a few years back was sex on legs...........
Kept me straight and restored my faith
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:55 am
W10

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
You either love or hate the Cohen brothers movies. They took a western, updated it for a modern audience and turned the usual formula for a western on it's head. Usually the good guy wins, the sheriff gets the bad guy and the hero rides off into the sunset with the money. Non of these things happened, in fact the opposite happened and the story was told in an imaginative way that made you pay attention and made you think rather than a typical western. The whole point of Tommy Lee Jones character is that he was retiring and was practically impotent as an officer of the law, he was also the antithesis of TLJ's usual characters where he hunts down the bad guy in a macho style with guns blazing.
The scene in the gas station was classic and some of the action scenes were the best I've seen with a unique clever storyline, not to mention Javier Bardem's sublime performance.

For me the Cohen brothers are more hit than miss, I loved Fargo, O brother, where art thou, Barton Fink, The Man who wasn't there and Miller's crossing. I hated The Big Lebowski and they also did the horrible remake of the classic Ealing work The Ladykillers
It was more of an allegory for modern day society.

Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:58 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
more like a pile of stinking dog poo...
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:02 am
W10

If it wasn't for the fantastic cinematography, superb acting, compelling and intelligent storyline, great dialogue and wonderful direction you'd be spot on.

Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
So can anyone explain the ending of NCFOM?

And anyway very few films will ever surpass Fargo - by any director..........
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:17 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Don't understand the thread title...we've just started.

...but, using my time machine, I did enjoy the movie "Last Flight from Alice Springs" filmed and released in 2059, produced and directed by John Shapiro (yet to be born).

Film based on the demise of the world's airlines and airports due to the widespread prevalence of home-made surface-to-air missiles used by terrorists worldwide. The missiles were easy to make, cheap, had simple homing devices and were based on plans readily available to the public on Net 3 - a successor to today's world wide web. The great ships came into their own again..took 3 days from Southampton to New York.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:20 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
You can't just come in and attempt to usurp my well thought out explanation of the movie with one line.

So can anyone explain the ending of NCFOM?

I already did.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
You can't just come in and attempt to usurp my well thought out explanation of the movie with one line.

I already did.
I already did.

None too well, obviously.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Watch Valkyrie...He's in it...He *ucks it up at some point too...
The problem with Valkyrie is that Tom Cruise is in it. I have always fallen asleep during Tom Cruise films.

The 'Little One' is trying to get hold of a DVD version of Hair - she saw it on tv and loved it.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:30 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I already did.

None too well, obviously.
If you've watched the movie and didn't get it and read my explanation and didn't get it.......................... maybe it's not the right movie for you
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
The problem with Valkyrie is that Tom Cruise is in it. I have always fallen asleep during Tom Cruise films.

The 'Little One' is trying to get hold of a DVD version of Hair - she saw it on tv and loved it.
Well I loved it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.