F1

Old Nov 5th 2012, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: F1

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I do like F1 and after years of boring processions they have finally arrived back at having proper racing between the drivers, and I hope it continues in that manner.
It just doesn't do it for me live though, after you get over the noise and speed of the first few laps, its a matter of pure luck if you get to see any incidents live and especially with the safety regulations the crowds are kept huge distances back from the corners. i don't think I am alone on this, as the attendances have been steadily dropping.
anyhow definitely worth a trip once, and I would love to go to Monaco for the race there.
Hmm. I agree. A lot of people were clearly bored, getting up going to food/drinks/smokes etc. unless its non stop action (which we luckily got) then the masses get bored.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
I do like F1 and after years of boring processions they have finally arrived back at having proper racing between the drivers, and I hope it continues in that manner.
It just doesn't do it for me live though, after you get over the noise and speed of the first few laps, its a matter of pure luck if you get to see any incidents live and especially with the safety regulations the crowds are kept huge distances back from the corners. i don't think I am alone on this, as the attendances have been steadily dropping.
anyhow definitely worth a trip once, and I would love to go to Monaco for the race there.
+1

Having lived and worked in Northamptonshire for many years whilst in the uk, I was a regular at Silverstone both as an F1 fan and corporate invitee - did not enjoy the corporate days as much as the race-fan days though.

However, I was an F1 devotee for years until they built a new oval race circuit practically on my doorstep - Rockingham Motor Speedway. Like many devotees I was sceptical about how exciting watching cars go around in a circle can be - how wrong i was. I attended every event for a few years thereafter (left uk in 2001 never been back) including the 4 days of the American CART championship round ( cars look like F1 cars but all have standard chasis, engines & tyres ) and wow ! what an experience ! Total 100% fan orientated - the pits & paddock open during all practice sessions and race day, drivers wandering around meeting the public, full 100% race view due to the oval layout, speeds exceeding 200 mph and very fast, excititng wheel to wheel - not to mention wheel to concrete wall - 4 abreast racing on the banked circuit is amazing.

I would recomend it to any die-hard F1 fan. I still want to experience Monacao GP though - thats the dogs cajones.

For anyone who gets the opportunity give oval racing a go - you won't regret it.

Last edited by goonerseba; Nov 6th 2012 at 5:02 am. Reason: Typos
Old Nov 6th 2012, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of motorsport IMO Rallying or Moto GP are definitely the way to go! Rallying is just pure. Dirt tracks and 140mph+ is just awesome and the track space available in Moto GP makes for a more exciting race.

I get bored of F1 quite quickly. All you need to see is the first 5 laps and the last 5 laps along with the highlights.

Saying that, and confusingly I am a certified FIA F1 marshal. I marshalled at the inaugural Abu Dhabi F1 in 2010. The training for this involved marshalling GP2 Asia, Aussie V8's, GT Cup and Radicals. Out of all of those the GT Cup was the best IMO and the F1 was the worst. IN fact GP2 Asia was much better than the F1 as it was younger guys driving on the edge. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy the spectacle of the F1 just doubt I'll be doing it again.

I'm thinking about doing the Desert challenge this year tho. Marshalling that could be fun.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 9:21 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
In terms of motorsport IMO Rallying or Moto GP are definitely the way to go! Rallying is just pure. Dirt tracks and 140mph+ is just awesome and the track space available in Moto GP makes for a more exciting race.

I get bored of F1 quite quickly. All you need to see is the first 5 laps and the last 5 laps along with the highlights.

Saying that, and confusingly I am a certified FIA F1 marshal. I marshalled at the inaugural Abu Dhabi F1 in 2010. The training for this involved marshalling GP2 Asia, Aussie V8's, GT Cup and Radicals. Out of all of those the GT Cup was the best IMO and the F1 was the worst. IN fact GP2 Asia was much better than the F1 as it was younger guys driving on the edge. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy the spectacle of the F1 just doubt I'll be doing it again.

I'm thinking about doing the Desert challenge this year tho. Marshalling that could be fun.
V8's was the support race this year and the F1 kept the marshal teams very busy for a change, your FIA license however expires on Dec 31st every year unless renewed, with previous experience that is more or less a formality though.

dubai rally is next 28 nov -1st dec
desert challenge is not until April next year 5th-11th
Old Nov 6th 2012, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone explain all the girls to me? What's the collective noun for hookers too, 'stable'? ANd whan you say hookers queuing to get on boats, were they really hookers or just girls? I just can't tell/ or get my head around the logistics of 90% of all women under 25 being a prostitute. Who are the pimps?

I went onto the Skybar after Eminem. I am late thirties and wasn't revealing 80% of my skin, so stood out. It was the most bizarre experience. There were no western men, bar a couple of the Flash boys and hundreds of girls dressed like hookers. Were they all hookers? So bizarre. At the reserved tables it seemed to be 5-6 GCC men and 10 or so bored, pretty little Western things. Was a sleezefest really.

The male dance troop were bewildering too. Still had a good time though.