F1

Old Oct 29th 2012, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default F1

Anyone going?

Anyone able to help me with the following?

1. Good way of getting there and back, Safe driver? Private car to take and return me?
2. If Safe Driver, what time do folks expect / know the concerts end? Can't imagine staying for much of the Nickelhelmet one but Eminem I'll want to see....

Thanks in advance

ScampwantstoseeAlonsocrash.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 12:50 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1

We just got given tickets yesterday, taxi there and hopefully taxi back. If not will be sleeping in the desert.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
We just got given tickets yesterday, taxi there and hopefully taxi back. If not will be sleeping in the desert.
That's an option for Sunday (taxi there and lift back) but thinking a cab is probably 200 dibs so may as well drive there on Saturday and get safe driver back? Anyone used them before?
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:00 pm

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of times, really good service... You may, however, want to check on how they will get to wherever your car is parked (ie is it free access)
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Lots of times, really good service... You may, however, want to check on how they will get to wherever your car is parked (ie is it free access)
One of things that concerns me, along with timing.

We have passes for parking but getting the chap in might be tough and I'm certainly not driving it to the gate for him to take over. Not worth it.

Maybe if I ring them they'll have a way round it. Was just hoping for a review which you've given...thanks.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

flood2 will become famous soon enoughflood2 will become famous soon enough

I used the park and ride at Sheikh Zayid stadium last year. Buses were very efficient from and to the track. I am not sure what time they stop at, but there is no problem getting parked and public can access the car parks where you leave the cars
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flood2
I used the park and ride at Sheikh Zayid stadium last year. Buses were very efficient from and to the track. I am not sure what time they stop at, but there is no problem getting parked and public can access the car parks where you leave the cars
So I could park there and get the Safe Driver chap to meet me there. Interesting.
Old Oct 29th 2012, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I am going as a guest on a corporate jolly jobby.......... [I know, I know]

I'm getting chauffeured there and back on the Sat and the Sun apparently. Never done the AD F1 before (only ever been to Silverstone) so I'm going with a combination of fear and excitement........
Old Oct 29th 2012, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scamp
So I could park there and get the Safe Driver chap to meet me there. Interesting.
There may be one closer to Dubai. I stayed in Al Ain last year and that was the closest one for me. I was very surprised at the efficiency of the service!

Stuck in Doha now so will be giving it a miss this year
Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
That's an option for Sunday (taxi there and lift back) but thinking a cab is probably 200 dibs so may as well drive there on Saturday and get safe driver back? Anyone used them before?
it will prob cost more than 200dibs for eg it was nearer 250 dhs auh airport to dxb airport and that was before they put their rates up. obviously depends on where you end up of course in dxb
Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flood2
use the park and ride, they have at shahama and at zayed sports city
Old Oct 30th 2012, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

I'm going

Just booked a hotel in Abu Dhabi! So need to get the buses from Abu Dhabi.
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manchester_QS
I'm going

Just booked a hotel in Abu Dhabi! So need to get the buses from Abu Dhabi.
you'll be 50dibs in a Taxi. Buses will smell. Saying that the Taxi probably will too.

Oh, and for any AbuDhabians, if your heading to YAS and will be having a drink before an event or meal, keep your taxi receipt, Stills knock the value of the receipt off your bill. It used to be all the bars in YAS Plaza, however I rechecked last month with Stills since I was carless and taking a detour via YAS for a beer on the way home!
Old Oct 30th 2012, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brains1983
you'll be 50dibs in a Taxi. Buses will smell. Saying that the Taxi probably will too.

Oh, and for any AbuDhabians, if your heading to YAS and will be having a drink before an event or meal, keep your taxi receipt, Stills knock the value of the receipt off your bill. It used to be all the bars in YAS Plaza, however I rechecked last month with Stills since I was carless and taking a detour via YAS for a beer on the way home!
Not a problem with smelly buses last year!
Old Oct 31st 2012, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Only if stinkers like you use them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.