EU migrant crisis

Old Sep 2nd 2015, 2:59 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EU migrant crisis

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Israel does not take in Syrian refugees in any meaningful numbers either.
Now that would be a serious mind****!
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
Now that would be a serious mind****!
They do provide medical assistance to Sunni rebels/Islamists/Jihadis though , and their occasional bombing of Assad/Hezbollah helps the rebels/jihadis.

Iceland just said they would take in 10,000 Syrian refugees. If Iceland which is tiny and has a much smaller population than Israel can take in 10,000 refugees , why doesn't Israel. Israel is going to be far easier to reach for the refugees and the weather is same as Syria.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
If you buy the argument that deep inside most people are nasty self-protecting little buggers, then you're probably right. History certainly has confirmed this.
Depends on the culture. Western world has changed a lot the past few decades, where now a lot of people and leaders genuinely do want to help people in need.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 3:46 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Do you think it's a blend of a relatively successful destination state (UK) that isn't completely unfriendly in welcoming the needy combined with a source state that's not been able to progress almost at all in the last X years.
Largely.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 3:48 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

The other issue is that you just know that most of the Sunni refugees once settled in the West are just going to join the wider Sunni society in demanding and expecting society accept and defer to Islamic sensibilities.
This, of course, is the elephant in the room.
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Last week I sent an email to the EU office in Brussels telling them about some idea that I have (a solution very much British colonial in nature ) which can present a long term solution to this refugees crises. I told them that I am prepared to come over to their office and give them a power point presentation if they so wish. The idiots replied to me with a tender form to fill in thinking that I am a salesman selling them some tents and blankets (real bureaucrat dicks). I have now written a similar email to Angela Merkel’s personal email and now waiting to see if she bothers to reply
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 5:25 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by redShark
Last week I sent an email to the EU office in Brussels telling them about some idea that I have (a solution very much British colonial in nature ) which can present a long term solution to this refugees crises. I told them that I am prepared to come over to their office and give them a power point presentation if they so wish. The idiots replied to me with a tender form to fill in thinking that I am a salesman selling them some tents and blankets (real bureaucrat dicks). I have now written a similar email to Angela Merkel’s personal email and now waiting to see if she bothers to reply
I think perhaps the dick might be in the other sock...
Old Sep 2nd 2015, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

You should inform the Human Rights councils and the Media and your local Mosque on how you were snubbed and the reason no doubt was racial and Islamophobia.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 4:29 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Let's hear it then. If it is a great idea publicity and a public pushing for it is probably the only thing that could convince the fukkers in the EU bureaucracy that they need to do something...
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 4:37 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

They do provide medical assistance to Sunni rebels/Islamists/Jihadis though , and their occasional bombing of Assad/Hezbollah helps the rebels/jihadis.

Iceland just said they would take in 10,000 Syrian refugees. If Iceland which is tiny and has a much smaller population than Israel can take in 10,000 refugees , why doesn't Israel. Israel is going to be far easier to reach for the refugees and the weather is same as Syria.
I'm sure they do mate. Probably more so than those in the region who consider themselves part of the same 'family' as those suffering. It's just funny how the Israelis are perfectly happy for the world to consider them to be thunder*****s (which in some aspects they obviously are, but so is every country on earth to an extent) whilst they help people many consider to be their natural enemies on the quiet..

The Icelandic thing is just incredible by the way. It illustrates perfectly how individuals are truly generous and have great empathy, but when they come together to act as governments they become faceless, uncaring and calculating.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 6:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Let's be clear about Iceland. The idiotic population have an online campaign for 10,000 migrants. The government have said - 50.

Ironically, that is the exact opposite of the UK government whereby the people are saying "no more" and the government are saying "please come"
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

thistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond reputethistlehollyberry has a reputation beyond repute

Why can't Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and other Arab countries resettle some of these refugees?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thistlehollyberry
Why can't Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and other Arab countries resettle some of these refugees?
you're not from these parts are you?

I will try and summarize it in three words ... they hate them

The deeper truth is they hate each other and both see the world (and the religion) as a better place without the other. Add on to the fact that while these regions are rich they have deep structural issues with respect to opportunity, education and employment and you will seen see why such migration isn't for them. The countries even pick their expats very carefully.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Western media should focus in on how the rich GCC countries do not take in Syrian refugees , despite sharing a lot of cultural similarities and being closer to Syria than Northern Europe. Israel does not take in Syrian refugees in any meaningful numbers either.
and that would achieve?
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 6:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
you're not from these parts are you?

I will try and summarize it in three words ... they hate them

The deeper truth is they hate each other and both see the world (and the religion) as a better place without the other. Add on to the fact that while these regions are rich they have deep structural issues with respect to opportunity, education and employment and you will seen see why such migration isn't for them. The countries even pick their expats very carefully.
Why won't the Gulf states take Syrians? (BBC)

Nice summary Millhouse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.