View Poll Results: Does Speed Alone Kill?
Yes
54.55%
No
45.45%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Does Speed Alone Kill?

Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Speed Alone Kill?

Originally Posted by annqldau
I'm not building the thing that's up to the builders to figure out when they do it. The animal one's don't flood constantly so it's do able people just need to lower their standards and not expect as much just like moving to Aus...

Present system not working so they need to think outside the box.
Read my posts!
The animal ones don't flood because the road is elevated and the tunnel isn't lower than the surrounding ground level. The ones that are below ground level DO flood. and the farmer doesn't use it that day.
That arrangement is not possible in dubai in most cases.

Seriously.
Tell me how I can put a pipe between murooj hotel and Burj dubai - under the road and not have it flood?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:10 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Read my posts!
The animal ones don't flood because the road is elevated and the tunnel isn't lower than the surrounding ground level. The ones that are below ground level DO flood. and the farmer doesn't use it that day.
That arrangement is not possible in dubai in most cases.

Seriously.
Tell me how I can put a pipe between murooj hotel and Burj dubai - under the road and not have it flood?
I did read your post and they have the option of raising the road when they build it to ease pedestrian access if they want to.

Don't live in Dubai so wouldn't know the answer to your query but sure the Arabs could spare a bit oil money to throw at the conundrum and didn't realise flooding was a major problem there but anyway off to bed so have fun solving the issue...
Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
I did read your post and they have the option of raising the road when they build it to ease pedestrian access if they want to.

Don't live in Dubai so wouldn't know the answer to your query but sure the Arabs could spare a bit oil money to throw at the conundrum and didn't realise flooding was a major problem there but anyway off to bed so have fun solving the issue...
So now it's expensive (as you say 'posh') again...raising roads is more expensive than putting drainage in! Either existing or planned roads.

Post again when you've actually been involved in one of these things. The idea is valid - but as i've stated...once you get into it it's not as simple as "put a pipe in....the wheel chair wheels will straddle the arc of the pipe".

Also - It's not commonly known but the groundwater level in dubai is not very deep.

Last edited by Jeeper; Jan 17th 2009 at 2:29 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 2:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
ok bison.

2 questions:

1. I am travelling in my 4wd at 2mph and you are standing in the middle of the road. I hit you in my car, braking immediately, as soon as I make contact with you. What do you think your resulting injuries would be?

2. I am travelling in my 4wd at 110mph and you are standing in the middle of the road. I hit you in my car, braking immediately, as soon as I make contact with you. What do you think your resulting injuries would be?
with bullbars, you'd kill 'em at 10mph...and it's usually the rapid deceleration that kills than just the speed itself.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bob
with bullbars, you'd kill 'em at 10mph...and it's usually the rapid deceleration that kills than just the speed itself.
But zero is a speed. :-) And all numbers in between....

If you're the person being hit - it's the rapid ACCeleration.....

Last edited by Jeeper; Jan 17th 2009 at 3:04 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2009, 3:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
But zero is a speed. :-) And all numbers in between....

If you're the person being hit - it's the rapid ACCeleration.....
that would be a heavy blunt instrument in that case