Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Do atheistes get married?

Do atheistes get married?

Old May 21st 2008, 8:56 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do atheistes get married?

[QUOTE=Inselaffen;6374328][QUOTE=Beard Man;6374314]
Originally Posted by ScotsExpat

there are no restrictions on this except if that person is a close family relative.

however it can be legal grounds for a divorce.

before i proceed with my cases (which i am really trying to understand from them how the law is working there and understand some issues) I would to ask.

if you have the freedom to do anything? and to say anything

why would the law stop a married athesit man from continuing his marrige life and having sex with other women??

i understand from your answer is that... the women who can ask for the divorce (right)

and it is her right to do this.... but ... is it her right to do it just because she found out that he is having sex with someone else? or she is granted this right (Freedom) at any time and for no reason?
Old May 21st 2008, 8:59 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Beard Man;6374353][QUOTE=Inselaffen;6374328]
Originally Posted by Beard Man

before i proceed with my cases (which i am really trying to understand from them how the law is working there and understand some issues) I would to ask.

why would the law stop a married athesit man from continuing his marrige life and having sex with other women??

i understand from your answer is that... the women who can ask for the divorce (right)

and it is her right to do this.... but ... is it her right to do it just because she found out that he is having sex with someone else? or she is granted this right (Freedom) at any time and for no reason?
The 2 main grounds for divorce, as far as I am aware, are either

1 - Adultery - One half of the marriage has found out that the other half is having a sexual relationship with someone else..

2 - Irreconcilable Differences - They simply do not want to be together any more....
Old May 21st 2008, 9:00 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Unreasonable behaviour (which of course could be anything you don't like about the other person)
Old May 21st 2008, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

there are many grounds for divorce,but on the whole,yes she can ask for divorce whenever she wants on the grounds of irreconcilable differences.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

it is not against the law to commit adultery (in most european countries), but it can be used a a reason to obtain a divorce. Otherwise a couple would have to be seperated for a certain period before a divorce would be granted.

[QUOTE=MissDemeanor;6374348][QUOTE=ScotsExpat;6374332]

when you make the commitment of marriage it is because you have made the decision that the person is the only one you want.There shouldnt be the need to want to sleep with someone else.
In a perfect world, that is true...

However, people change and sometimes that change affects how the spouse views that person...

At the end of the day, the decision of whether that person is the only one you want is based upon your experiences up to that point.
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I would suggest that married Europeans are more likely to be more faithfull to their partners than couples from many other areas of the world because their marriages are founded on love, not on politically/financially motivated family arrangements.

well,

this is your assumtion. it maybe true it maybe be false.

but i think i read once in the news paper that in Germeny so many men started checking the DNA of their childs to make sure that they are their own childs and that DNA clincs are loaded with requests for such thing because men in Germany were suspecting their wifes.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

People have choice in Western society - some (not many) couples have open relationships where one or other or both people may have other sexual partners.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ScotsExpat;6374385][QUOTE=MissDemeanor;6374348]

In a perfect world, that is true...

However, people change and sometimes that change affects how the spouse views that person...

At the end of the day, the decision of whether that person is the only one you want is based upon your experiences up to that point.
Of course,I agree...what I meant was that at the time of marriage that is the case.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:05 am
Banned

Lesbian marriage may well, with artificial insemination, lead to a biological child for the couple....
so you think a woman can have by the help of the lap a child without a man???

is that true???

(i am still waiting the answer of this message) please
Old May 21st 2008, 9:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

If this is true

registering marrige in a special office ... having witnesses during the marrige day..

then..

why all this hassle ?

they don't believe in religions .. and marrige was always a spiritual religous thing.. regardless of how or where it is done ...regardless of the arrangments and details .. but marrige has always been a spiritual religous thing.

lets say it is not a spritual religous thing...

what is the meaning of marrige to an atheist?

Rubbish - marriage was never a religious matter. It has always been about property, assets & politics.

Do you really have to bring this god in which you believe into everything? Some of us don't believe in such mumbo-jumbo & just don't care.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

is that true???

If a woman wants a child it is her right to.If there is no partner there are other ways.A friend or an annonymous sperm donor.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

is that true???

BM, a man is required to donate the sperm.

Science cannot, at the present time, create sperm.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:10 am

is that true???

Of course its true. Sperm banks provide the sperm, the woman has her egg artificially inseminated, and 9 months later, Isha'allah, she has a child. The woman may know only some basic information about the sperm donor, colour etc....
Old May 21st 2008, 9:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Meow
Rubbish - marriage was never a religious matter. It has always been about property, assets & politics.

Do you really have to bring this god in which you believe into everything? Some of us don't believe in such mumbo-jumbo & just don't care.
you still can be nicer when you state your opinion ..iam just trying to have a civilized discussion.. if it is to hard for your stomach then don't read anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.