British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Desi London Mayor (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/desi-london-mayor-877121/)

Boomhauer May 8th 2016 2:43 pm

Re: Desi London Mayor

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11942633)
I made no mention of any other errors (really, life is too short) but it is relevant when it's the topic you are attempting to discuss. The fact is that many people will judge you on spelling, grammar and a general ability to communicate clearly. That's life. *shrugs*

It is 1 word. To reiterate : the people reading know/knew what I meant. Picking on spelling is attempt tp deflect and deviate from the argument.

Many people can judge but their motive is clear when they resort to fallacious arguments.

Lightandbitter May 8th 2016 2:44 pm

Long live the mayor

Boomhauer May 8th 2016 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter (Post 11942634)
its not when you cannot spell fallacious

Like I said I am not too wound up on typos. If you need to pick on spelling then you are pretty much admitting you don't have a sound argument.

Now my typos are not even remotely close to the garbled words in the passage in below link.
People | Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit

Lightandbitter May 8th 2016 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11942647)
Like I said I am not too wound up on typos. If you need to pick on spelling then you are pretty much admitting you don't have a sound argument.

Now my typos are not even remotely close to the garbled words in the passage in below link.
People | Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit

Trlol

Meow May 8th 2016 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11942640)
It is 1 word. To reiterate : the people reading know/knew what I meant. Picking on spelling is attempt tp deflect and deviate from the argument.

Many people can judge but their motive is clear when they resort to fallacious arguments.

Have you sobered up now then? You appear to be in the crotchety phase, post-drinking.

Boomhauer May 8th 2016 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter (Post 11942648)
Trlol

What's that an acronym for? Touching resplendently while laughing out loud?

Lightandbitter May 8th 2016 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11942663)
What's that an acronym for? Touching resplendently while laughing out loud?

know yuo prcik ist a mispelilign off troll

Boomhauer May 8th 2016 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11942659)
Have you sobered up now then? You appear to be in the crotchety phase, post-drinking.

It looks like those of you picking on my typo/s , which by the way are not remotely cryptic , are the ones who are rather wound-up .

So I typed "democracy" instead of democrasy , and this is supposed to confuse readers:rolleyes:

Boomhauer May 8th 2016 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter (Post 11942665)
know yuo prcik ist a mispelilign off troll

"know" isn't garbled but the other words are, so your post makes no sense.

Lightandbitter May 8th 2016 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11942667)
It looks like those of you picking on my typo/s , which by the way are not remotely cryptic , are the ones who are rather wound-up .

So I typed "democracy" instead of democrasy , and this is supposed to confuse readers:rolleyes:

and therein lies the problem

Boomhauer May 8th 2016 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter (Post 11942671)
and therein lies the problem

You didn't capitalize the A in "and" and there is no period at the end of "problem" so how am I to understand what you just typed.

Bipat May 8th 2016 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11942624)
Why limit yourself to local Arab countries.

I don't think this would happen in many other countries in the World... could you see this in Japan, China, India, Pakistan, Russia, maybe even USA.

Either what we have is a triumph for democracy (i.e. "we" are setting a global standard on how it should be done) - or it is a failure of democracy due to low turn-out and the system has been gamed.

I sincerely hope it's the former.

For accuracy. Just two well known Christian examples in India--George Fernandes-Minister of Defence. Margaret Alva- State Governer of Rajasthan (previously Governer of Uttarakhand). Both now retired.
As I mentioned above Italian born widow-President of the Congress Party.
USA? Not sure what you mean?

Lightandbitter May 8th 2016 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11942677)
You didn't capitalize the A in "and" and there is no period at the end of "problem" so how am I to understand what you just typed.

Ask your mum tosspot

Boomhauer May 8th 2016 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lightandbitter (Post 11942685)
Ask your mum tosspot

Oooh a mom joke...that's original.

iggle May 8th 2016 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by auh123 (Post 11942541)
Didn't like it so went somewhere where there was more of it. Makes sense.

Who says i am talking Muslims, i am talking about UK in general.

I don't mind a Muslim being Mayor of London, if he is the right man for the job. Being Labour member makes me automatically thinks he isn't.

Goldsmith was the wrong man for the job, as well his "trump" style racist tactics.