condemn knife crimes

Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: condemn knife crimes

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I don't think there's anything wrong with Londoners...except they are not allowed to carry guns legally to protect themselves from criminals.

N.
I'm a Londoner, better still a Cockney - the Krays used to keep our manors 'safe' - there were the unofficial codes of honour amongst the criminal fraternity. But look at the price of their type of protection

Owning your own firearms and weapons isn't the answer - panic and overreaction set in when we are threatened and the basic 'man on the street' isn't trained to handle that - it could spiral out of control.

It's a sad fact of life that the disaffected members of society are becoming more and more disaffected - I will never go back to England to live and I worry that my kids all want to go to live there.
Old Jul 27th 2008, 6:16 am
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: condemn knife crimes

Originally Posted by Eva
Imho,

I'm not sure that Gun Culture would replace knife culture,I am sure what Norman is proposing would probably increase the assailant's choice of weapon.

I have a dilemma with 'responsible person'.How is this determined?
Hypothesising: any person with a criminal conviction or psychiatric illness will be deemed 'irresponsible'?I ponder the majority customers for firearms are likely to be convicted criminals so what a blackmarket that would open up?

Personally I hope it will never happen.

Can you imagine the re- enactment of 'Falling Down' on the M25???

I pinched this below from Dakota 44 in The Lounge......kinda corroborates what some of us posters were saying about firearms becoming more readily available and falling into silly people's hands.Also, picturing the scenario doesn't half make me larf..

''MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (AP) -- A 56-year-old Milwaukee man is accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start.
Keith Walendowski told police he felt he had a right to shoot his mower.

Keith Walendowski has been charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.

According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski says he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning.

He told police: "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She says he was intoxicated.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.''