condemn knife crimes

Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Khan is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy condemn knife crimes

totally unacceptable .........what is wrong with londoner......
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:50 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: condemn knife crimes

Originally Posted by Khan
I don't think there's anything wrong with Londoners...except they are not allowed to carry guns legally to protect themselves from criminals.

N.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

What I find hilarious is the governments proposal for fighting knife crime; take young children, and those arrested for possession, to hospitals so they can see the damage knives can do!!!! Sounds like a fast track promotion to a gun problem. Considering, 80% are motivated to carry knives out of fear, and 20% carry it for aggressive purposes. Wouldn't vindicating those fears make the problem worst? Personally I think that sentences for the path that lead to Murder are too soft, eg carrying a Knife, Assault, street robbery GBH, ABH and even Manslaughter carry sentences ranging from months to 3 years max. I mean if faced with the choice 12 years to become a surgeon, or 2 years in prison and your a top boy from the estate what do you think a bum would choose?

Last edited by Worldismine; Jul 20th 2008 at 4:52 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:09 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Worldismine
What I find hilarious is the governments proposal for fighting knife crime; take young children, and those arrested for possession, to hospitals so they can see the damage knives can do!!!! Sounds like a fast track promotion to a gun problem. Considering, 80% are motivated to carry knives out of fear, and 20% carry it for aggressive purposes. Wouldn't vindicating those fears make the problem worst? Personally I think that sentences for the path that lead to Murder are too soft, eg carrying a Knife, Assault, street robbery GBH, ABH and even Manslaughter carry sentences ranging from months to 3 years max. I mean if faced with the choice 12 years to become a surgeon, or 2 years in prison and your a top boy from the estate what do you think a bum would choose?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah you are back to your old retributionist self I see

Choice is a luxury which doesn't always avail itself to the most needy.
You should know that.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Eva
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah you are back to your old retributionist self I see

Choice is a luxury which doesn't always avail itself to the most needy.
You should know that.
Only you by-my-side will remove the venom from my mind.

Needy? As in African kids that starve, Palestinians, or Bangladeshi flood victim kind of needy? Ohhhhh, you mean given housing, help with bills, access to training and education, free health care and Bum allowance, kind of needy. Yes they have it so hard, the choice to go to school is something they don't have.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:35 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Only you by-my-side will remove the venom from my mind.

Needy? As in African kids that starve, Palestinians, or Bangladeshi flood victim kind of needy? Ohhhhh, you mean given housing, help with bills, access to training and education, free health care and Bum allowance, kind of needy. Yes they have it so hard, the choice to go to school is something they don't have.

I choose Option 1

However, please remember,even some of the kids- probably many of the kids who have the choice are still victims........ for example those babies born losers to ****ed up junkies etc.You expect them to find their own way to school,training and healthcare ?
Find the antidote to your venom and consider the bigger picture.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:22 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I blame the parents.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:52 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Khan
it's not til you go back home, as I did after 3 months here, that you realise just how bad the UK is, all the little wankers with knifes, blokes staring at you - makes me realise how safe this country is compared to back home.

I really have no intention of going back to the UK for quite some time now, and I never thought I'd say that, the plan was 2 years out here, get some cash and back to the Toon, I can tell you, that's not happening...
Old Jul 21st 2008, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

My plan was also expat for two years, bank some cash, go home to Manchester.

It's 11 years now, various places, and I cannot see me ever going back to live/work in the UK.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 11:47 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
My plan was also expat for two years, bank some cash, go home to Manchester.

It's 11 years now, various places, and I cannot see me ever going back to live/work in the UK.
I reckon we'll do 3 years here then move back to Sydney and maybe have a little spugsy.

That would be pretty sweet with me anyway.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Having said the above, I think a lot of the doom and gloom regarding the UK is media exaggeration and obsessing on current 'hot' topics.

At the moment they are focussing on knife crime - so every incident is reported in depth. Previously they have focussed on dog attacks, paedophiles, binge drinking, air near misses etc etc etc etc.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:21 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
Having said the above, I think a lot of the doom and gloom regarding the UK is media exaggeration and obsessing on current 'hot' topics.

At the moment they are focussing on knife crime - so every incident is reported in depth. Previously they have focussed on dog attacks, paedophiles, binge drinking, air near misses etc etc etc etc.
2 weeks ago 2 lads were seperately knifed on a night out in the toon, the same night a bloke shot his girlfriend and her kid, both on the same night.

Newcastle isn't that big really, this is now getting bad.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:34 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
2 weeks ago 2 lads were seperately knifed on a night out in the toon, the same night a bloke shot his girlfriend and her kid, both on the same night.

Newcastle isn't that big really, this is now getting bad.
I've read so many reports which state UK gun crime per capita is worse than the USA....and having been to both countries I felt safer in my friend's house in the USA simply because he had several firearms...

In the UK I have to rely on a mostly unarmed police force and a judicial system that seems to reward violent crime...if I defend myself I can go to jail.

If responsible citizens in the UK were permitted to carry concealed firearms by law do you think that yobbos in the town centre would be so quick to give people rude stares, stab innocent lads out for a night or try to rape women?

N.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:48 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I've read so many reports which state UK gun crime per capita is worse than the USA....and having been to both countries I felt safer in my friend's house in the USA simply because he had several firearms...

In the UK I have to rely on a mostly unarmed police force and a judicial system that seems to reward violent crime...if I defend myself I can go to jail.

If responsible citizens in the UK were permitted to carry concealed firearms by law do you think that yobbos in the town centre would be so quick to give people rude stares, stab innocent lads out for a night or try to rape women?

N.

You made me use a ridiculous smiley.

Enjoy your posts greatly Norm but ain't buying this.
Jeez, can you imagine cup final days???
Gunfight at the OK Corral springs to mind.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 6:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think that sentences for the path that lead to Murder are too soft, eg carrying a Knife, Assault, street robbery GBH, ABH and even Manslaughter carry sentences ranging from months to 3 years max. I mean if faced with the choice 12 years to become a surgeon, or 2 years in prison and your a top boy from the estate what do you think a bum would choose?
Your sadly very wrong ....

Offences Against The Person Act 1861

bring a max of 5 years for ABH section 47
And GBH Section 18 up to life ...

never see section 26 cases now though

A misguided fool once locked me in a room ..
thats common assault ....he got six months..the max

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.