British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Christmas Plans? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/christmas-plans-818169/)

Blue Cat Dec 24th 2013 7:36 am

Re: Christmas Plans?

Great photo Auto, have a good one!!

I am back, just in case any of you have noticed but I have been off the bored for a week, went back to the Toon to do a bit of shopping. NEVER AGAIN. Was freezing!! Dubai with friends tomorrow, lunch at my gaff :)

Merry Christmas everyone

2 cats? pah 5 in this house, six later when Meow pops in for home-made a pork and black pudding pie :)

Sandboy Dec 24th 2013 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 11050038)
I am back, just in case any of you have noticed but I have been off the bored for a week, went back to the Toon to do a bit of shopping. NEVER AGAIN. Was freezing!! Dubai with friends tomorrow, lunch at my gaff :)

it's been the warmest December for years !

Blue Cat Dec 24th 2013 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 11050048)
it's been the warmest December for years !

it was freezing! won't be going back in the winter in a hurry again!

OriginalSunshine Dec 24th 2013 9:45 am

Freezing here in Oman (well, low 20s). It's been ballywell raining last couple of days FFS. That wasn't the plan.

hnd Dec 24th 2013 10:44 am

What OS said above - cold, cold cold here in Seeb ... have had to dig out our winter clothes :-(. Had planned to spend the day on the beach and then cook but looks like we'll just have to open the fizz earlier than planned :thumbsup:

Have a great day y'all

co durham boy Dec 24th 2013 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 11050038)
Great photo Auto, have a good one!!

Merry Christmas everyone

2 cats? pah 5 in this house, six later when Meow pops in for home-made a pork and black pudding pie :)

Did you have a look in Fenwicks window , that's what you lot do at Crimbo isn't it ?

Blue Cat Dec 25th 2013 4:35 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11050310)
Did you have a look in Fenwicks window , that's what you lot do at Crimbo isn't it ?

not this year, we stayed in Shields for the week :)

The Dean Dec 25th 2013 7:07 am

Merry Christmas everyone............. down here in deepest Sussex, we lost power for about 18 hours but hopefully today will be power-cut-free (everything in my home here is electric).

OriginalSunshine Dec 25th 2013 7:20 am

Unimpressed right now - friends are 20 minutes late.... ah well, we can eat without them :D

mentalist Dec 26th 2013 3:41 am

We enjoyed the Xmas buffet brunch at Medley Restaurant, Pullmans. Even their Santa looked realistic.

push84 Dec 26th 2013 5:33 am

hi

Merry Christmas to all

Blue Cat Dec 26th 2013 6:31 am

Originally Posted by push84 (Post 11051392)
Merry Christmas to all

welcome to BE

Bahtatboy Dec 27th 2013 1:10 pm

Driving range today, out for curry with the family tonight.

shiva Dec 27th 2013 4:26 pm

Ok christmas can **** off for another year, the endless traipsing of sprog around relatives and increasingly mental parents are doing my head in now.

Even dealing with the bank who have finally realised im in the uk and blocked my cards was a dream to deal with compared to this god forsaken land

Patsy Stoned Dec 27th 2013 7:18 pm

Well I had a lovely time, lunch with friends on the day, a chilled Boxing day, watching movies and eating left overs. Friends around for lunch today, eat, eat, rest, eat, watch movies, eat some more, watch movies, sleep :D