British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Christmas Plans? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/christmas-plans-818169/)

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 18th 2013 5:47 am

Christmas Plans?

Morning you bunch of cheery bored-based-buggers.

What are you all doing for the festive holidays? Are you getting time off?

Staying or flying elsewhere?

I'm off at 2am tonight/tomorrow morning and don't mind admitting that I can't wait to see my Mummy at the airport. Been a long hard year at work and looking forward to some quality family time and a few days out of the madness that is Dubai.

However, work have been most kind to dump a barrel load of shite in my lap yesterday so today's early finish and work beers is looking like a challenge. "Can we have a report that would take you weeks to do overnight please Scamp?"...err, no, sorry...."Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately it was wrong, so please send it by lunch on Thursday".

GULP.

The_Citizen Dec 18th 2013 5:51 am

Re: Christmas Plans?

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11042819)
Morning you bunch of cheery bored-based-buggers.

What are you all doing for the festive holidays? Are you getting time off?

Staying or flying elsewhere?

I'm off at 2am tonight/tomorrow morning and don't mind admitting that I can't wait to see my Mummy at the airport. Been a long hard year at work and looking forward to some quality family time and a few days out of the madness that is Dubai.

However, work have been most kind to dump a barrel load of shite in my lap yesterday so today's early finish and work beers is looking like a challenge. "Can we have a report that would take you weeks to do overnight please Scamp?"...err, no, sorry...."Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately it was wrong, so please send it by lunch on Thursday".

GULP.

Staying here for Christmas but I will definitely be going home next Christmas I think. I will be back in the UK in mid January so it's not too bad.

the_red_sheep Dec 18th 2013 5:53 am

Two weeks of beach, books and beers in Zanzibar for me. Leave on Friday morning.

Can. Not. Wait.

Meow Dec 18th 2013 6:11 am

We'll be here. I love the weather in Dubai this time of year. Lots of invitations, plenty of relaxing and playing with my new kitten.

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 18th 2013 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11042831)
We'll be here. I love the weather in Dubai this time of year. Lots of invitations, plenty of relaxing and playing with my new kitten.

Indeed, it's glorious. We spent a day at Safa Park last weekend and was perfect rounders weather.

OriginalSunshine Dec 18th 2013 6:17 am

"Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately it was wrong, so please send it by lunch on Thursday"
Oooh - like that one. Must use.

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 18th 2013 6:30 am

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine (Post 11042843)
Oooh - like that one. Must use.

It was a bit more long winded than that to be honest, but the short version it basically what it said.

shiva Dec 18th 2013 6:56 am

Already in the uk back in jan

Sprog woke up at 4.00am which is nice considering he slept for 5 minutes out of 7 and a half hours flying

Air smells amazing, trees so so many trees

Oh and it's absolutely ****ing freezing.

jam25mack Dec 18th 2013 7:04 am

Here for Christmas but then off to India on the 28th to do the January 2014 Rickshaw Run. 3 weeks of metalness!

NorthernLad Dec 18th 2013 7:11 am

Looking forward to a cold Christmas back home, althogh will miss out on Black-Eye Friday which I'm gutted about.

And this bitch Emily looks to upset some of our plans.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/449...ng-in-her-tail

britexpat76 Dec 18th 2013 8:03 am

Staying here, got a new cat to introduce to current cat so I have a split apartment at the moment. The mothership lands tomorrow nightso will be working one day on one day off until new year.

Brains1983 Dec 18th 2013 8:14 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11042940)
Staying here, got a new cat to introduce to current cat so I have a split apartment at the moment. The mothership lands tomorrow nightso will be working one day on one day off until new year.

want a 3rd one? Just coughed up 3k AED getting something cut out of him. Bastard cat.

britexpat76 Dec 18th 2013 8:17 am

Thats it for me mate. Should buy me another year or so without kids...............

NorthernLad Dec 18th 2013 8:58 am

Duty Free sale for those flying on Friday...

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...12-18-1.531747

Bahtatboy Dec 18th 2013 9:28 am

Flying home on Sunday for 2 weeks. Plans:

See mum.
Dentist.
Hygienist.
Panic shopping.
Turkey.
Shooting & mega piss-up with mates.
Quiet NYE with 2 other couples.
Veg juice and exercise.