British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Christmas Plans? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/christmas-plans-818169/)

co durham boy Dec 18th 2013 10:15 am

Re: Christmas Plans?

Just returned from 14 days in Malaysia and Thailand so it's a working one for me again .

Christmas Day out with a few friends and back to work Boxing Day . Im having a i hate the fu**ing Gulf day today . When ive been away to somewhere nice it really rams home what a shit part of the world this place really is .

Merry Christmas ;)

commander Dec 18th 2013 12:15 pm

Sunny Arbroath tomorrow

The Dean Dec 18th 2013 12:38 pm

Was due to fly last night for two weeks 'mit den Familien' but visa expiry and non-renewal due to non-cancellation of no-longer-required daughter's visa ( still with me? :zzz: ) meant that I would not have been allowed back again............ so - long queues and whatever at various official places meant cancelling flight, and rebooking it for Friday night......... phew............

I need a break........... in every sense............ have a good one everybody...... :thumbup:

Kix Dec 18th 2013 12:44 pm

Staying here, moving between Christmas and New Year, planning on being chilled on a beach as much as possible.

weasel decentral Dec 18th 2013 12:47 pm

Leaving Sunday for 2 or 3 weeks back in the emerald isle, 50% chance of going skiing at some point if the opportunity arises. 100% chance of taking part in the annual new year's forestry motorbike race crash-athon.
Other spare time will be spent with family and friends, hopefully with a elbow resting against long wooden counter hoisting back Guinness.

Happy Christmas to everyone and happy new year :beer:

benzonar Dec 18th 2013 12:48 pm

I'm off to Nepal for 12 days next Tuesday, fancied doing something a bit different.
Xmas day in Kathmandu then off on tiger safari for a few days followed by hiking up a mountain or two.

BinCat Dec 18th 2013 3:33 pm

Here for the duration. Hope to have a bit of time to sit on a beach or by the pool, weather here beautiful right now...

flares Dec 18th 2013 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11042944)
want a 3rd one? Just coughed up 3k AED getting something cut out of him. Bastard cat.

Spent 5k on mine a few years back after he fell out of a tree- hip surgery. He was half shaved and had the light shade on the head for a bit of amusement for the money. Had to have him put down last NYE due to cat cancer. Only 3 and v healthy looking but I'd have had to keep getting his lungs emptied. Still many others queuing to take his place in our hearts. Feed 4 at the mo.

shiva Dec 19th 2013 5:46 am

Originally Posted by flares (Post 11043599)
Spent 5k on mine a few years back after he fell out of a tree- hip surgery. He was half shaved and had the light shade on the head for a bit of amusement for the money. Had to have him put down last NYE due to cat cancer. Only 3 and v healthy looking but I'd have had to keep getting his lungs emptied. Still many others queuing to take his place in our hearts. Feed 4 at the mo.

We have three looking for homes at the moment, all were stray kittens now all soppy things that live outside but are desperate to be inside!

shiva Dec 19th 2013 5:55 am

Originally Posted by NorthernLad (Post 11042988)
Duty Free sale for those flying on Friday...

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emir...12-18-1.531747

Say what you want about Dubai duty free ( and I often do considering it's more expensive than shopping in Dubai) but 44% of original staff retained for 30 years and 1.8 billion in sales is pretty phenomenal

britexpat76 Dec 19th 2013 7:42 am

Originally Posted by shiva (Post 11044443)
We have three looking for homes at the moment, all were stray kittens now all soppy things that live outside but are desperate to be inside!

Our new one eyed monster finally met the resident cat last night, Slept in her house, Ate her food then took a shit in her litter - All with the arrogance of a frenchman. Resident cat took it pretty well.

I am now not looking at any facebook groups or websites putting cute pictures of cats up for adoption..........2 is enough for me.

Meow Dec 19th 2013 9:14 am

Originally Posted by britexpat76 (Post 11044516)
Our new one eyed monster finally met the resident cat last night, Slept in her house, Ate her food then took a shit in her litter - All with the arrogance of a frenchman. Resident cat took it pretty well.

I am now not looking at any facebook groups or websites putting cute pictures of cats up for adoption..........2 is enough for me.

That's what I said. I have three.

Sandboy Dec 19th 2013 9:46 am

Christmas at home with parents and sis

New year in a cottage in deepest Northumberland with nee telly, phone or internet - just a boot full of slurp, loads of new books and a couple of bikes ( the 2 wheeled variety unfortunately )

Bahtatboy Dec 19th 2013 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 11044659)
Christmas at home with parents and sis

New year in a cottage in deepest Northumberland with nee telly, phone or internet - just a boot full of slurp, loads of new books and a couple of bikes ( the 2 wheeled variety unfortunately )

As opposed to...?

Sandboy Dec 19th 2013 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11044690)
As opposed to...?

the village variety :D