Christmas foods

Old Dec 19th 2012, 12:29 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas foods

Originally Posted by Meow
So tomorrow, for the benefit of the people of Dubai, I shall force myself to eat a load of mince pies. The sacrifices I make for my fellow man... *martyr face*

I am just doing a bit of 'research' in Christmas foods around the world and there are some odd dishes out there. Liver Casserole and Prune Soup in Finland (not together), Tripe Soup in Mexico, boiled green bananas with chicken gizzards in Puerto Rico. The Pinoys have their usual weird dishes.
If you want to include New Year dishes, then the Japanese have a special species of octopus, the head being about the size of a golf ball, the tentacles about 4cm long, boiled in broth, eaten whole. The inside of the head has the texture of compressed, firm roe. Utterly, utterly disgusting.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 12:32 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
If you want to include New Year dishes, then the Japanese have a special species of octopus, the head being about the size of a golf ball, the tentacles about 4cm long, boiled in broth, eaten whole. The inside of the head has the texture of compressed, firm roe. Utterly, utterly disgusting.
Yuk! I'll try and mention that. An interesting counter-point to the pies!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sloe gin! the only gin I drink, Christmas morning about 9 am I pour 1 by 10 am I'm normally well oiled

I am one of those people that love the run up to Christmas but despise Christmas day, alcohol gets me through it- love boxing day though, champagne is my choice of poison for that day.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

By the way - if anyone has one of those big round kettle-style barbecue jobbies (Weber make the best ones), they produce a superb turkey (rather than the traditional roast-in-the-oven method). Much quicker, and more evenly cooked throughout, and always moist.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 5:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Just tuned into to listen to Meow and they are playing Slade
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Just tuned into to listen to Meow and they are playing Slade
'Merry Christmas Everybody'?? The line about your granny saying the old songs are the best is dedicated to Meow..........
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:12 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

We tasted so many mince pies that I never want to see one again and I still feel a bit sick.

This snap from part way through, with several still to go.

The show will be repeated on Christmas Day if you missed me saying that most were horrible!
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

I love all things Marks and Spencers at Christmas, it's fool proof - everything goes into the oven or microwave, no stress and tastes delicious.
Nibbles before meal - crusty rolls, milano salami, parma ham, roast tomatoes, crisps and olives.
To start - prawn cocktail and salmon terrine
Main Course - turkey crown, cauliflower cheese, roast and mashed potatoes and gravy

Dessert - Roulade or some form of chocolate cake

Best of all I still love getting a proper Christmas selection box and making myself sick throughout the day by working my way through it.
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 11:21 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by silversilver
I love all things Marks and Spencers at Christmas, it's fool proof - everything goes into the oven or microwave, no stress and tastes delicious.
Nibbles before meal - crusty rolls, milano salami, parma ham, roast tomatoes, crisps and olives.
To start - prawn cocktail and salmon terrine
Main Course - turkey crown, cauliflower cheese, roast and mashed potatoes and gravy

Dessert - Roulade or some form of chocolate cake

Best of all I still love getting a proper Christmas selection box and making myself sick throughout the day by working my way through it.
You swine. We can't buy M&S fresh foods here.
Old Dec 24th 2012, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

You swine. We can't buy M&S fresh foods here.
I know, when I arrived in Dubai three months ago I wept when I saw what constituted M and S food here - three frozen food cabinets and a few shelves :-(

I arrived in Glasgow last night and am not ashamed to say that I was one of the first customers into the shop this morning at 7.00 am.

My love affair with M and S has recommenced - bring it on!!!
Old Dec 24th 2012, 9:47 am
Bored liberal

How about this for festive food?

Old Dec 24th 2012, 11:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

http://i49.tinypic.com/34r7xux.png
wicked!!
Old Dec 24th 2012, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

http://i49.tinypic.com/34r7xux.png
LOVE it! Want it...NOW!!!!