View Poll Results: Where do we want drinks?
Tecom (yes please)
23.08%
Irish Village (close to my work so Ok)
7.69%
Downtown (so in the middle)
15.38%
Old town but can't remember which bar was suggested?
7.69%
I'm not coming as I'm in Abu Dhabi
23.08%
Bah Humbug
23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Christmas drinks Pt 2

Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:55 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas drinks Pt 2

Originally Posted by GuyinUAE
OK, if you say so.....so, are you joining us Commander?
Ask anyone, it was 1H from the meadows to rydges plaza anytime between 4 and 8pm.

So I do 'say so' cause I know so.

I may come along, probably not though, unless I can crash at yours.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:56 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
you are the same guy who couldn't be bothered to come in to AD as it was 'too far' when we last orginsed drinks...
exactly...there's a few people that will just never come, which is fine, I can understand that, but why pretend to want to come and do the whole I am only coming when it's there kind of thing...
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:57 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Ask anyone, it was 1H from the meadows to rydges plaza anytime between 4 and 8pm.

that was years ago, traffic isn't like that anymore.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

Millhouse, every forum has them, I wouldn't be surprised if there are people posting who have never even visited Dubai, it's happened before. Instead, they just want to pontificate on threads they have no interest, or nothing useful to add.
The point of this thread was KC thought it would be a nice idea to get together for xmas as some of us will be away from loved ones back home. It's also a good opportunity to meet new people and let our hair down. So, if you fancy a drink in Dubai, 9th December from 9pm (8pm if you're an alcoholic!) then please feel free to post and join us. If not, go to the next thread so it doesn't turn out to be a 25 page tome with nothing relating to the original subject.
Thank you all and merry christmas!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

GuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to beholdGuyinUAE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MataHari
I agree, thank you MH. I've been here nearly 3 years and it has improved immensely in that time.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:02 pm
hmmmm...nice

I agree, thank you MH. I've been here nearly 3 years and it has improved immensely in that time.
lol...that makes it sound like you made it all better...so thank you GiUAE
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:03 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
you are the same guy who couldn't be bothered to come in to AD as it was 'too far' when we last orginsed drinks...
I was actually out on business that night if I recall correctly. That's what pays the bills after all.

I remember as I tried to contact you guys when I was in NRG.

But hey ho, whatever you like to think.

Apart also from the fact I'm not a big drinker anymore
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

lol...that makes it sound like you made it all better...so thank you GiUAE
Yeah it did didn't it! Anyway, you coming, haven't seen you for ages either!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:08 pm
banned

I left dubai 3 years ago, so yea, apologies, its obviously changed.

Guyinuae, your last post was obviously aimed at me. Enjoy your night out.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

I left dubai 3 years ago, so yea, apologies, its obviously changed.

Guyinuae, your last post was obviously aimed at me. Enjoy your night out.
Not you specifically, just anyone who was posting on the thread who had no intention of being there. What's the point on reading and posting on a thread when you aren't going to participate? Don't get me wrong, the more the merrier, it just makes it easier to follow when there isn't a lot of pointless bits in between.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:13 pm
hmmmm...nice

Yeah it did didn't it! Anyway, you coming, haven't seen you for ages either!
Maybe I will...
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:18 pm
banned

Not you specifically, just anyone who was posting on the thread who had no intention of being there. What's the point on reading and posting on a thread when you aren't going to participate? Don't get me wrong, the more the merrier, it just makes it easier to follow when there isn't a lot of pointless bits in between.
Not disagreeing, but Its a forum open for all.

Christ, have you seen a thread on here that has never been hijacked?
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:21 pm
hmmmm...nice

Not disagreeing, but Its a forum open for all.

Christ, have you seen a thread on here that has never been hijacked?
it's not about hijacking, it's more about people that have no intention what so ever of going complaining about where the venue is etc...what does it actually matter if you're not coming anyway...
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:27 pm
banned

it's not about hijacking, it's more about people that have no intention what so ever of going complaining about where the venue is etc...what does it actually matter if you're not coming anyway...
I didn't say I wasn't coming, its unlikely though. My inlaws don't stay in DXB anymore, but there may be a chance.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

OK, so why didn't you say that? Christ it's not difficult is it?! Yes, threads get hijacked, yes people waste other peoples time by saying they will and then not. Then what we end up doing is opening another thread so the people that really want to go can answer, then they get bored or Pi**ed off because people hijack the thread again. So, in short, make your intentions clear, or try and boost your post count in another manner please. I know it's an open forum, but if you were say opening a thread that was called 'AD Christmas drinks' then I wouldn't waste your time by putting useless answers on there as I know it's highly unlikely I will be attending.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.