British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   Christmas drinks Pt 2 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/christmas-drinks-pt-2-a-693772/)

kittycat1 Nov 16th 2010 5:03 pm

Christmas drinks Pt 2

Ok so we have decided on Thursday 9th December, just need to agree on where :D

Roadking Nov 16th 2010 5:23 pm

Re: Christmas drinks Pt 2

Nope, can't make that and as you haven't taken my feelings into consideration, I say Bah Humbug!

Meow Nov 17th 2010 5:03 am

I'm a definite maybe, but would like it to be somewhere central (Oldtown/Downtown) to suit the most people.

GuyinUAE Nov 17th 2010 6:35 am

I don't care where it is, a cab is only going to be a few dhirams wherever it is.

lionheart Nov 17th 2010 6:37 am

Would somebody please remind me of the difference between the Old Town and Downtown. My mind has gone blank.

Bahtatboy Nov 17th 2010 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 8985586)
Nope, can't make that and as you haven't taken my feelings into consideration, I say Bah Humbug!

Someone say SORRY to cupcake.

I'll try to make it, don't mind where coz I wouldn't know the difference anyway.

Meow Nov 17th 2010 7:48 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 8986603)
Would somebody please remind me of the difference between the Old Town and Downtown. My mind has gone blank.

Aren't they vaguely in the same area? I always just say OldtownDowtown as one word as I though they sort of joined together. Besides building something brand new and calling it Old Town makes no sense to me.

typical Nov 17th 2010 8:04 am

Work do on the 9th, so won't be there. Sorry.

kittycat1 Nov 17th 2010 8:27 am

I give up!

GuyinUAE Nov 17th 2010 8:33 am

This lot will never be happy! Pick a date, pick a venue, tell them that's where it is. People who want to go will make the effort, people who don't would probably not have gone wherever it was!
Somewhere in the middle is probably a good idea so the Mirdiff lot don't get the hump, Irish Village too far the other way so everyone else will get the hump. So, how about Leftbank, Souq Al Bahar? there's food for those who will moan and say they want to eat first, drink for those who want it, chilled music for the people who don't like to party too much and it's not extortionately expensive.

Who's in 9th December 9pm onwards?

Bahtatboy Nov 17th 2010 8:34 am

Me.

kittycat1 Nov 17th 2010 8:36 am

Well done GuyinUAE - I was about to have a meltdown! sounds good to me, I may be there a bit earlier than 9, closer to 8pm for me :D

GuyinUAE Nov 17th 2010 8:40 am

OK, I can manage 8pm work permitting, we can share a cab down if you want.

Meow Nov 17th 2010 8:41 am

I'm still a definite maybe :) Well, a more than likely.

8.00pm Souk al Bahar is good. :) (Best to reserve a booth/table)

kittycat1 Nov 17th 2010 8:44 am

Yep Guyinuae cabshare sounds good, Ill pm you my details. ANyone else want to share a cab from Tecom?

yeah bahtatboy- and :p to all you miserable f**kers