Bye Everyone

Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye Everyone

Originally Posted by Scamp
I'm sure the Banyan Tree in Bangkok will be relatively calm
I'm sure you'll scrape by...!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I'm sure you'll scrape by...!

Would it be completely vulgar to take advantage of their 7-seires Beemer for airport transfer?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 11:35 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Have a great time Scamp, at this rate I think there will only be me, Meow and Kix left for the summer
Old Jul 30th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy.

Was on a transit from Phnom Penh through Bangkok last Sat and the plane was rammed. Not sure how accurate the 'not too busy this time of year' bit is.
Visit between November and February to see what high season is like. Always seems like the population in Bangkok doubles during those months and gets much more difficult to book a hotel for an impromptu weekend away.

Banyan tree restaurant in the sky quite a nice event, or try Sirocco, with the Sky bar, the one that was used in The Hangover 2. Not the greatest value maybe but worth it for a one off.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

martinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond reputemartinbkk has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be completely vulgar to take advantage of their 7-seires Beemer for airport transfer?
Not really. Is it The Banyan Tree that has a helicopter transfer available?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martinbkk
Visit between November and February to see what high season is like.
Been there done that several times. I'm just saying it was rammed on the plane to and from Bangkok so it may not be as dead as one may imagine.

Obviously to a resident you can tell the difference.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

You mean they don't have a Bentley / Roller.... I wouldn't be seen dead in a place with only a 7 Series.... how common!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Been there done that several times. I'm just saying it was rammed on the plane to and from Bangkok so it may not be as dead as one may imagine.

Obviously to a resident you can tell the difference.
You have a point. Indeed it seems to me to be a lot busier these last few years. The demographic is changing with different nationalities prevailing at different times of the year as their various countries holiday periods dictate when they tend to visit and with more money and freedoms available to Russians, Chinese and other non-traditional visitor groups these have expanded to the point of having several peaks spread throughout the year now.

The short hop flights to neighbouring countries always seem to be full all year.