Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Beware of the Champagne brunch...

Beware of the Champagne brunch...

Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:59 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware of the Champagne brunch...

Originally Posted by Spugsy
of course you can be equal, education teaches you things, but in life you learn without education - you can see whats going on around you.

If a poor man has no education, but him and his neighbours are starving, shouldn't he vote for a person who will help him?
it is not about being rich or poor at the end all candidates will say they will help him, so who should he believe?

i wouldn't even trust a doctor when it comes to politics

i wouldn't trust an engineer when it comes to medicine

i wouldn't trust a farmer when it comes to space war

all can be good in one or two feilds, but when it comes to politics we think we know things... but alot of information is headen from the public so we can never give a proper judge.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:59 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

oh Sam, LOADS of stuff in the redtops is pure and utter bullshit.
You would be suprised... certainly years ago, not so much now. They may manipulate the facts to present the truth in a way that turns it into a story, but I would guess that it is very rarely complete fabrication.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:00 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
course it is...and loads is written in a way that is far from a fair and accurate reflection of the true situation, it's totally naive to think otherwise...

MM, xx
agreed, especially in the sun, NofW, Daily Mail etc - they all put their own spin on it, and if its total rubbish, they've sold enough papers anyway to settle out of court and do some tiny apology.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:01 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
You would be suprised... certainly years ago, not so much now. They may manipulate the facts to present the truth in a way that turns it into a story, but I would guess that it is very rarely complete fabrication.
I worked at an agency and we got almost every paper every day, I only left 5 months ago, we used to read the same story in a different spin in all papers,

they're mostly liars, there to sell papers and make money - the truth rarely comes into it pet.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

agreed, especially in the sun, NofW, Daily Mail etc - they all put their own spin on it, and if its total rubbish, they've sold enough papers anyway to settle out of court and do some tiny apology.
i used to hate talking to journos from the screws/sun/mirror, because you never knew how the story would appear, it didn't matter what you said...

MM, xx
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:02 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

they banned smoking in bars and restaurants, to help other peoples wellbeing.

you can still smoke at home, in the streets etc so its not a total ban.

well what happend to the free will??

if i have a restaurant and i want it to be just for smokers this is my will

and if there is such place

people who want to be there (knowing that it is only for smokers) is also their free will

it is either you do it right all the way... or don't judt do it half the way.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man

people who want to be there (knowing that it is only for smokers) is also their free will

the free will is they can go to the smokers' area outside for a ciggie...

MM, xx
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:03 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

life isn't black and white though is it...and the UAE is a prime example
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:05 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MataHari
you can say whatever you like as far as I am concerned...

that is so kind of you sometimes i feel people don't understand the freedome of speech they way you do. they get so emotional

Originally Posted by Meow
Absolutely not.

Go & play on www.religiousbigots.com or www.sameolddullrubbish.com
here you go emotional lol

ok i will not bring islam into the picture as long you refused

NO
it was for both of them only lol not you
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:06 am
Banned

some will leave after a while, or travel to other emirates on weekends where you cand drink.
that's too bad to change your whole life just because of alcohol .. but it is up to them
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

You really don't understand the difference between being emotional and finding you utterly tiresome, do you?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Meow
Smoking is not banned in the UK. Do try & get your facts right for once.

Having a drink & a car accident are not comparable. You are just being silly now.

read my post number 66 regarding the smoking

ok let me give you another example

should i try drugs to know how dangrous they are?
or should i touch the fire to see how it will burn my skin?

what i was trying to say is. although i have never drank but i know about alcohol from what i see and read.

now tell me what is not true about what i said so far?

isn't it true that a man who drinks alot needs more alcohol to get drunk than anormal man?

isn't it true that who drinks alot in one night will lose the ability to control his actions?

have i said so far anything else?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:14 am
Banned

I worked at an agency and we got almost every paper every day, I only left 5 months ago, we used to read the same story in a different spin in all papers,

they're mostly liars, there to sell papers and make money - the truth rarely comes into it pet.

If this is your work and you recieve alot of news papers from so many places and you are saying that truth is rarely there.

i can simply say that you are an expert in this feild and i will take your words with greater weight than any one else

which is then supporting my personal idea about the media
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:14 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Beardman - you really don't understand why people drink alcohol, do you? The sole purpose is not to get drunk.

Many of us enjoy the taste of wines and spirits. We savour the complexities of flavours. A drink or two can be relaxing. Drinking is a social activity.

Not everyone drinks to get drunk. Not everyone drinks to a point that they are no longer in control. Most people never drink & drive.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

read my post number 66 regarding the smoking

ok let me give you another example

should i try drugs to know how dangrous they are?
or should i touch the fire to see how it will burn my skin?

what i was trying to say is. although i have never drank but i know about alcohol from what i see and read.

now tell me what is not true about what i said so far?

isn't it true that a man who drinks alot needs more alcohol to get drunk than anormal man?

isn't it true that who drinks alot in one night will lose the ability to control his actions?

have i said so far anything else?
And is it true that a man who is brainwashed as a child loses the ability to think for himself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.