Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Beware of the Champagne brunch...

Beware of the Champagne brunch...

Old Jul 9th 2008, 3:27 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beware of the Champagne brunch...

RANDY Michelle Palmer breached a strict ban on unmarried sex during a boozy beach romp in Dubai.

The single British businesswoman was last night facing up to six years’ jail after she was caught canoodling in public with a holiday hunk.

Authorities – under growing pressure to curb the excesses of westerners who flock to the Muslim emirate – say she will also be deported from the country where she has lived and worked for three years.

Publishing firm manager Michelle was arrested after a cop saw her having sex on Jumeirah Beach. It is believed she was put in a cell.
<<snip>>

Last edited by Bob; Jul 9th 2008 at 10:07 pm. Reason: copyright infringement
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:24 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware of the Champagne brunch...

What paper is that from please? Link?

Frankly, she is an idiot. Drinking too much is no excuse. If you can't handle it, curb the drinking.

Too many people forget that this a Muslim state.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting how:

1. the only British medium (currently) running this story is the Sun - at least according to news.google.co.uk. Is this because the couple, or someone connected to one of them, gave them the story in the hope of garnering support at home?

2. the GN version - http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Polic.../10227387.html - protects the identity of both Michelle and Vince, whereas it is the redtop from the 'free' country which goes into details - the same details, presumably, which is causing Michelle and family so much heartache...

3. the Sun makes it sound oh-so-romantic (stroll on the beach)

4. oh and I just love the single-sentence paragraphs!

5. the GN mentions that they were unmarried but the implication from the first paragraph is that they were arrested for the fact it was done in public whereas the Sun claims they breached a strict ban on unmarried sex, and the beach bit is just in passing.

6. that there does seem to be the facility in Dubai for a hastily organised a civil ceremony! What about the need for affidavits of being single? The fact that the 'lover' isn't a resident? Interesting, maybe someone on the boards shoudl take heed!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
What paper is that from please?
come on Meow - the single paragraph sentences? the RANDOM words in capitals to grab your attention in case the single clause in each sentence is too much for you? the use of the word ROMP? What other paper could it possibly be!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:26 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The Sun? Surprised there are so many words of more than two syllables...

JVR20 - didn't twig as I never read that rag, either in paper or online form. Brings me out in a rash as it is so very very bad. :-)
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
come on Meow - the single paragraph sentences? the RANDOM words in capitals to grab your attention in case the single clause in each sentence is too much for you? the use of the word ROMP? What other paper could it possibly be!
twas the use of the word "randy" that gave it away for me...

MM, xx
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

The Sun? Surprised there are so many words of more than two syllables...

JVR20 - didn't twig as I never read that rag, either in paper or online form. Brings me out in a rash as it is so very very bad. :-)
Oh, I never, ever read it either

Actually that sun article has given me a brilliant cultural insights... not having ever been to a booze brunch, i had no idea that high heels were de rigeur first thing in the morning (presumably often after a heavy night anyway)... or maybe she was just carrying a spare Choo* in her Gucci* as a weapon?

* I've clearly been reading too many of the women's posts on here
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:30 am
Bored liberal

Who'd have thought there were so many Sun readers on this board?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:32 am
Bored liberal

Actually that sun article has given me a brilliant cultural insights... not having ever been to a booze brunch, i had no idea that high heels were de rigeur first thing in the morning (presumably often after a heavy night anyway)... or maybe she was just carrying a spare Choo* in her Gucci* as a weapon?

Brunches usually start at 12.30pm, but what is wrong with heels in a morning anyway?

Fortunately most people don't turn into drunken sex-crazed idiots after a brunch.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

jvr, you will NEVER see me without heels on...there is no wrong time to wear them...

MM, xx
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

when you're in pr, you have to read every rag, the sun isn't the worst amazingly...

MM, xx
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:36 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

The Sun is banned in our house total trash.................
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:36 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
when you're in pr, you have to read every rag, the sun isn't the worst amazingly...

MM, xx
So you admit to reading the sun too? No excuse either....
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So you admit to reading the sun too? No excuse either....
haven't since i stopped working...but i do love the screws, i have to say...

MM, xx
Old Jul 9th 2008, 4:39 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
The Sun is banned in our house total trash.................
The Sun and the Daily Mail.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.