Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Beware of the Champagne brunch...

Beware of the Champagne brunch...

Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:07 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware of the Champagne brunch...

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
you are making a new man of me....

and how is that?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:08 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
oh I cannot drink milk...not had that since I was 8 or so...never tasted it again since, and I wouldn't even if I was offered a lot of money for it...hate hate hate the taste and the smell....arrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i hate the taste and the smell of many things that i eat and drink.. but i do it because it is healthy
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:09 pm
Banned

hot milk ... mixed with honey (not the supper market kind of honey) .. woow tastes nice

i like it
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:09 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
i hate the taste and the smell of many things that i eat and drink.. but i do it because it is healthy
I try to minimize that sensation...
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:57 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
eeeuuwww...and hot milk is even worse...

MM, xx
You mean warm milk. Had it as a child in school they left the free milk next to the radiator all morning as forced to drink it. ......Blrrrrrrrrrouh!...

Have not eaten cottage cheese since!!....
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

and how is that?
you are enlightening me on a daily basis to an amazing world beyond my horizon.....
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:00 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
you are enlightening me on a daily basis to an amazing world beyond my horizon.....
It's all good. Understanding each other has to be good, shirley.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

i don't know .. but i assume that media is not always right.

because a farmer became a hero in star war movies
Why assume? For example, the media and press in the UAE is controlled by your government through Federal Law15. You are surely not suggesting your government have got it worng? In other countries regulation of the media varies - many Western countries conduct self censorship with varying results. Media don't always publish rubbish BM. They also report news as it happens eg 9/11, Tsunami etc. Your point is more about about the integrity of the reporter, balance of the reporting, objectivity of the editor and the level of influence the title owners have.

MHO is the report the thread title refers to is not the best and is likely not totally accurate, but it still reports something that happened, ugly and funny as it is.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:55 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

the interenet has made this whole world as a small village. which shifts the minds of people far away from where they are physiclly.
I agree - the internet is a revolution and will change the world. I can understand why the UAE (and some other countries) blocks certain sites because it will change the way the youth see the world and turn them away from their insecure beliefs towards a more secure and open society and culture.

But it does seem like they want to use our technology to take the nice parts of our culture like freedom of speech when criticising aspects of our society or behaviour but don't want us to do the same thing with theirs because it's "offensive"...it's imbalanced really.

N.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:28 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

as i said,

it is not difficult to find studies that proves scientificlly how alcohol is dangrous to health.
It is self evident that consuming anything in great amounts is bad for you. I would challenge you to find studies suggesting light to moderate alcohol consumption is harmful (and the majority of drinkers drink moderately - otherwise the world would be full of drunks and no work would ever be done!)

you spoke about heart for example
how about the liver?
"There is considerable evidence that moderate alcohol consumption helps to protect against cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, and insulin resistance, but its effect on the liver remains controversial. A study by a joint US and Japanese team now suggests that light-to-moderate alcohol consumption has a protective effect on liver function."

Source:http://www.nature.com/ncpgasthep/jou...sthep0974.html
See also: http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi...tract/27/1/184

how about the kednies?
Moderate consumption helps women: http://www.medpagetoday.com/Hematolo...pfc=101&spc=23

And helps men too: http://doctor.medscape.com/viewarticle/538666

how about other parts of the human body?

what is the effect of alcohol on them?
"Moderate drinkers tend to have better health and live longer than those who are either abstainers or heavy drinkers. In addition to having fewer heart attacks and strokes, moderate consumers of alcoholic beverages (beer, wine or distilled spirits or liquor) are generally less likely to suffer hypertension or high blood pressure, peripheral artery disease, Alzheimer's disease and the common cold."

Source: http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/alcoholandhealth.html

There is a reason why the average lifespan is higher in Europe and Japan than in most Muslim countries my friend...moderate drinking and better health care

Peace.

N.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Robbies
Where has this post gone to??? Started out as an interesting piece of news about someone who was rather stupid, and now someone is preaching on about how bad alcohol is. This has dragged on a number of pages now and is becoming quite tiresome.

Beardman - why not take a break. You've got your point across, and it seems to have been ignored. I have certainly had my fill of it.

Anyone fancy a pint?
If you don't like it don't read it old chap...

...and yes I do fancy a pint!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:46 am

is it enough for a man to get drunk ??

or is the beer considered a light drink? and it takes more glasses to get him drunk ??

thanks for the explaining any way
light to moderate drinking would be no more than 1-3 pints of an average strength beer, a couple of glasses of wine or one or two shots of a spirit for the average man...perhaps slightly less for the average woman. Some people can drink much more before being affect...like with caffine or nicotine alcohol affects everyone differently.

Overall very few people would get even slightly tipsy on one pint of beer...although some peoples cannot process alcohol in their body and so even a sip would be enough to affect - such people are rare and mostly from certain asian or native american populations where that genetic defect is present.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:53 am

i never liked pepsi sence i was a child .. i only drink fresh juices or milk or water
Pepsi is evil stuff!....did you know it can clean chrome better than industrial cleaning chemicals??

I have raised my boy on juice, milk and water for drinks...he has very clear skin and a good attention span...and he rarely steals my beer

N.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:22 am
Just Joined

morina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jvr20
True but she trusts them.

In X months' time once she's back in the UK she'll be a millionnaire - the papers will pay her a great deal to have someone ghost write her 'Desert Jail Hell', how the British Govt did nothing to get her out, she'll accuse pretty much everyone of being responsible, she'll wish the waiters had stopped serving her in time, she'll lambast the difficulty of getting married (even though I really doubt she actually did).

What's worse is how many Brits will buy it just to read about her story, which really boils down to a couple of sentences: "I'm a slapper. I wish i hadn't got caught"
The alcohol thing in this thread is cracking me up. I know many pepople like you beard man who never drink and also have the same ideas as you.. which are wild and wrong. . but anyway...

Just to point this out why on earth is she a slapper? What about him??? I guess he is the macho man who scored?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 11:39 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

A very good read... well done people ....
jvr20 and spugsy nearly got karma....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.