Atlantis....

Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlantis....

Originally Posted by MataHari
doesn't the soul come with the people though...
yep...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:04 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
yep...
so the people that are here are different from other places in the world...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

so the people that are here are different from other places in the world...
To some degree (that's a seperate discussion)....but i think the main issue is here every block is seperated by a 12 lane highway (gross exaggeration but the point is valid) and we don't have a proper 'downtown' where you can walk to cafes and theatres and restuarants, parks, libraries and much more c.rap I can't think of that you can in other cities.

The people is one thing....places for them to gather is the other part that gives a place some soul IMO.

Satwa has the most potential in that regard as far as I can think of but that's being demolished for more cr.ap 'luxury' development.

Maybe one day in the future when the place is developed more fully this place will get that way - but at the moment I honestly think it's a fair stretch of the imagination to say this place has 'soul'.

It's all too segregated.

(i'm having trouble now because the word 'soul' has gone through my head so many times it's lost all meaning).
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:16 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

To some degree (that's a seperate discussion)....but i think the main issue is here every block is seperated by a 12 lane highway (gross exaggeration but the point is valid) and we don't have a proper 'downtown' where you can walk to cafes and theatres and restuarants, parks, libraries and much more c.rap I can't think of that you can in other cities.

The people is one thing....places for them to gather is the other part that gives a place some soul IMO.

Satwa has the most potential in that regard as far as I can think of but that's being demolished for more cr.ap 'luxury' development.

Maybe one day in the future when the place is developed more fully this place will get that way - but at the moment I honestly think it's a fair stretch of the imagination to say this place has 'soul'.

It's all too segregated.

(i'm having trouble now because the word 'soul' has gone through my head so many times it's lost all meaning).

Ive just started playing a James Brown 'Best Of' to remind me!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:17 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

It's all too segregated.

lol...bit like soulmates...another meaningless word

well, I see what you mean...
have to say, here in Mirdif it's not too bad...but I guess having kids makes it easier...whenever I go to Uptown there are always familiar faces around you go to and have a chat with, the kids will see loads of schoolmates they will hang out with, you get to 'know' the people in the shops and Starbucks etc...it does make for a sort of homely feel about the place....
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:48 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

lol...bit like soulmates...another meaningless word

well, I see what you mean...
have to say, here in Mirdif it's not too bad...but I guess having kids makes it easier...whenever I go to Uptown there are always familiar faces around you go to and have a chat with, the kids will see loads of schoolmates they will hang out with, you get to 'know' the people in the shops and Starbucks etc...it does make for a sort of homely feel about the place....
I've never, ever seen you either...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:53 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I've never, ever seen you either...
I usually hide quickly...nothing personal though...lol

give me a text if you decide to come tonight, I'll pick ya up...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:01 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

You know its all going a bit Pete Tong when the captain has to go knowcking on doors and sandbagging people to do the quiz!!!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:03 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah I might do pet...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IndieG
There is still some "old" Dubai left and hopefully they will leave it intact, now that they've run out of money...lol

Visit Fahidi, gold souq and the area behind Burjuman during Diwali (Oct 25-28) - it is simply beautiful with all those lamps/lights.....I love the creek and all those dhows. It's certainly not souless in this part of Dubai....or may I'm just rambling and don't understand what you mean by "souless"
I noted the other day that all the commercial dhows have been cleared from the area to the south of the south abra station on the Deira side of the creek. Between the abra stations and to the coast side of the north abra station they remain for now, however, I have heard that they are going to be shifted altogether. Another bit of character gone.

On the Bur Dubai side of the creek, a hotel 'resort and spa etc etc' is rumoured to be going in near the British Embassy. Not sure if this will end up as a land grab of the creek side, like much of the coastline has been grabbed.

Anyone know anything about these rumours of 'progress'?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:08 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
You know its all going a bit Pete Tong when the captain has to go knowcking on doors and sandbagging people to do the quiz!!!!
I guess you won't be coming then....lol
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:15 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

I guess you won't be coming then....lol
Oooohhh... You should have played your joker..... could have doubled your points....
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:20 am
hmmmm...nice

Oooohhh... You should have played your joker..... could have doubled your points....
I peaked too early then...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:23 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

I peaked too early then...
Put the kettle on, things always appear better after a cup of rosie lea...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:27 am
hmmmm...nice

Put the kettle on, things always appear better after a cup of rosie lea...
ah...the caring side coming out...
I'll have a dietpepsi thanks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.