Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone know of any jobs going?

Anyone know of any jobs going?

Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know of any jobs going?

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
going to collect my personal work permit today. had already had it approved just in case. this one is not tied to my employer and gives me and the Mrs the right to stay here for up to 6 months without employment (not that we can afford to with singapore rent). Otherwise would have one month after my last working day.
are you currently paying your rent monthly?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
are you currently paying your rent monthly?
yeh monthly. will probably have to miss paying the last month otherwise we lose 2 months deposit which is too much to lose.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:00 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yeh monthly. will probably have to miss paying the last month otherwise we lose 2 months deposit which is too much to lose.
how you feeling today? get your CV out there
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

how you feeling today? get your CV out there
not feeling all that bright!
just wasted 2 hours to get my new employment pass only to find that I couldnt get mine done today because it would mean the Mrs wouldnt be allowed back into Singapore on the 24th. so have to wait till she is back.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:31 am
Concierge

not feeling all that bright!
just wasted 2 hours to get my new employment pass only to find that I couldnt get mine done today because it would mean the Mrs wouldnt be allowed back into Singapore on the 24th. so have to wait till she is back.
it takes a few days to be honest with you, then you get angry, then you are over it and you move on. Can the Mrs not come back sooner or does that involve the right carry on with the Airline saga again?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

it takes a few days to be honest with you, then you get angry, then you are over it and you move on. Can the Mrs not come back sooner or does that involve the right carry on with the Airline saga again?
shes waiting for her new passport. She should get it on Friday. Then the first available flight is 23rd (getting here 12.30am 25th). so she wont be back any sooner.

had bought a bookcase and paintings for the apartrment whilst she was away as a surprise to make the place more like home. Guess that has back fired now.

and for us moving on is ging to involve a lot of stress getting a visa.
no wonder I hvnt eaten for 24 hrs (guess I an afford more than most to skip a meal)
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:58 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

shes waiting for her new passport. She should get it on Friday. Then the first available flight is 23rd (getting here 12.30am 25th). so she wont be back any sooner.

had bought a bookcase and paintings for the apartrment whilst she was away as a surprise to make the place more like home. Guess that has back fired now.

no wonder I hvnt eaten for 24 hrs (guess I an afford more than most to skip a meal)
chip up mate, you will get something...

dont they have a support goup a slanty BC can organise..
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:05 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

How about flying to her place and surprise her? Have you been there yet? Maybe the two of you could start up a business there? At least you would have family support around you. Just an idea.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
How about flying to her place and surprise her? Have you been there yet? Maybe the two of you could start up a business there? At least you would have family support around you. Just an idea.
she doesnt want to live there. Times are very hard up there
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:12 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

she doesnt want to live there. Times are very hard up there
Same with mine. Living in Kenya doesn't seem to be an option but I would love it.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
Same with mine. Living in Kenya doesn't seem to be an option but I would love it.
damn site beter option that living close to the Siberian border!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:32 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by commander
chip up mate, you will get something...

dont they have a support goup a slanty BC can organise..
cheeky git!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 1:35 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

As of today I am the latest casualty of the recession!
life really does f#cking suck big time!!!
Sorry to hear that mate.. But please don't tell us you are considering coming back here......
Old Apr 14th 2009, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Sorry to hear that mate.. But please don't tell us you are considering coming back here......
not much going there in my line so u are safe
Old Apr 14th 2009, 2:21 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this. I'm just back from Sing (for a wedding) and the mood was pretty glum all round. Three of my friends laid off.

Good luck finding something...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.