Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone know of any jobs going?

Anyone know of any jobs going?

Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone know of any jobs going?

As of today I am the latest casualty of the recession!
life really does f#cking suck big time!!!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know of any jobs going?

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
CRAP CRAP CRAP!!! Jesus Ins
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:06 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

holy shit, mate thats some bad news indeed, you getting a pay off?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:10 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

bloody hell mate, thats fcking bad news, im really sorry to hear that....

is it immediate or in a months time or something ?

The ****ers only just moved you out there aswell !!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
bloody hell mate, thats fcking bad news, im really sorry to hear that....

is it immediate or in a months time or something ?

The ****ers only just moved you out there aswell !!
redundancy has to be immediate but I am guessing you are referring to the notice money Ins will receive. Ins I am gutted for you
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:27 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

bloody sorry to hear that, insy. how much time do you have before you leave?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:37 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
redundancy has to be immediate but I am guessing you are referring to the notice money Ins will receive. Ins I am gutted for you
no, it doesnt always mean 'immediate'....our company laid off some staff in mid January in our London office, with effect end April, so as to give them time to (hopefully) find something else
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:42 am
Concierge

no, it doesnt always mean 'immediate'....our company laid off some staff in mid January in our London office, with effect end April, so as to give them time to (hopefully) find something else
it does, if a position is redundant it is no longer viable, if you are made redundant you should leave the same day.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:44 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Awful news Inse - what a worry for you and your wife. I really hope you come across something good soon! As BM said it must be especially annoying considering that you just moved out there for them. This crappy recession is hitting everyone hard.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:45 am
Hammer for Life

it does, if a position is redundant it is no longer viable, if you are made redundant you should leave the same day.
rubbish....a position can be made redundant with effect from a certain date as per the case I stated
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:47 am
Concierge

rubbish....a position can be made redundant with effect from a certain date as per the case I stated
that maybe per the case stated here, but I did some research for the Support Group and if a position is made redundant that means it no longer exists, if you were in the UK and were made redundant but then asked to work another two months you could take them to tribunal.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:58 am
Hammer for Life

that maybe per the case stated here, but I did some research for the Support Group and if a position is made redundant that means it no longer exists, if you were in the UK and were made redundant but then asked to work another two months you could take them to tribunal.
but if a company are paying you to work up to end of April and were also giving you a generous redundancy package, plus 1500quid each to use for any training courses the employee thought they could use to their benefit when looking for a new position.....think you'd be hard pressed to find a tribunal favouring your complaint
Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:03 am
Concierge

but if a company are paying you to work up to end of April and were also giving you a generous redundancy package, plus 1500quid each to use for any training courses the employee thought they could use to their benefit when looking for a new position.....think you'd be hard pressed to find a tribunal favouring your complaint
I agree with you completely, but the UK is different to here. I haven't met anyone here who has been made redundant but then continued to work their notice period though. I am not saying it doesn't happen though, as you have pointed out you know people who have.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:05 am
Concierge

After the announcement, go back to your desk, log out of the computer, preferably with someone you trust watching. Clean out your desk. Take only what belongs to you. Leave stationery, pens, paper clips, and so on as they are. Say your goodbyes and leave quietly. As for turning over unfinished business to a trusted colleague, let them figure that out for themselves. Redundancy means 'we do not require your services any more'. Take that literally.

If somebody asks you to stay and you'd prefer sooner rather than later, point out that if you are redundant, then by definition your presence is not required. If it is required, you're not redundant. Point out also that since you are no longer required to be loyal to the company, you do not feel it ethical to come onto the premises. Hint at possible dark deeds. Make them pay you to stay away.

Make the person who has made you redundant feel uncomfortable: go up to them and shake their hand. Tell them its been a pleasure working for them and wish them, and the department well.

Request an exit interview and take the opportunity to say all the things you've always wanted to about rubbish managers, or really compliment those of your colleagues that remain; they'll need friends on the inside

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A956315
Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

have been given a months notice. they said its up to me when I leave as I'm owed 3 weeks holiday. initially said i would work until end of week but will tell them that I will work until end of notice period as that 3 weeks holiday pay will cover the rent for 2 months.

f#uck knows what we are going to do. can't even just shift back to UK as the mrs needs a settlement visa for that and that takes up to 3 months to come through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.