Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone know of any jobs going?

Anyone know of any jobs going?

Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:17 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know of any jobs going?

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
As of today I am the latest casualty of the recession!
life really does f#cking suck big time!!!
So sorry to hear that Inse...especially having just moved there.

There does seem to be a fairly large number of ship-broking companies in Singapore though...might be worth phoning around...not all might be in the same boat (pardon the pun):

http://www.ssa.org.sg/index.cfm?GPID=227

Hope all works out.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Bad news Inse, sorry to hear it...

Good luck in finding something else...
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:19 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

there are rumours of some companies who may be employing so will be contacting them.
good man..chin up something will come along, always does!!!

(unless your a construction muppet)
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:22 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
in person Ins, with a CV in hand and a smile on your face
i've never seen him smile, so maybe best he just emails the cv...
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:24 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

I'm a Shipbroker but If we go back to the UK I could possibly also find something as a Legal Exec/Legal assistant as I have my full legal quals too.

and thanks for those who advised on Settlement Visas. Its good to know.
we will have to do it here in Singapore. if we get there without expending too much here we have savings enough to last up to a year if we live a frugal life.
if it's singapore, and you need to speed the visa up, make an appointment to see the visa officer and do it in your most endearing british of accents. before you go, take all the damn paperwork you can and get in front of them. you may still have to then make the submission through the post/courier, but at least they'll know a name, and you will too, and that should push things through much quicker.

by the way, where did you get married? if it wasn't in singapore, the embassy may be unfamiliar with the marriage cert. so you may want to get that sorted now.

(sorry, prob telling you how to suck eggs, but meant with the best of intentions! )
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

omg, inselaffen, i'm gutted for you...really don't know what to say...

MM, xx
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:37 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
omg, inselaffen, i'm gutted for you...really don't know what to say...

MM, xx
nothing??
Old Apr 13th 2009, 9:52 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

f#uck knows what we are going to do. can't even just shift back to UK as the mrs needs a settlement visa for that and that takes up to 3 months to come through.
Inse, if going back to UK was to be an option, some of the people in these threads have had similar background stories and success:

BE forum: Planning to bring back a foreign-born wife:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=597542

You can register at this site, which is a forum on Spouse/partner/family visas and has a lot of info on bringing one's wife back to the UK:
http://www.ukresident.com/forums/spo...sas-f2414.html
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Inse, if going back to UK was to be an option, some of the people in these threads have had similar background stories and success:

BE forum: Planning to bring back a foreign-born wife:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=597542

You can register at this site, which is a forum on Spouse/partner/family visas and has a lot of info on bringing one's wife back to the UK:
http://www.ukresident.com/forums/spo...sas-f2414.html
thanks MacScot.
will probably find some useful tips to ensure a smooth application procedure
Old Apr 13th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear this Inse

I hope you get your wife's visa sorted soon.
Sending lots of good karma your way!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Heartfelt commiserations from Lionheart and myself. In the words of Leslie Mark Hughes, always look on the bright side of life, deedum deedum... Lionheart says that they do a good early retirement plan in Malaysia so he was told...we may end up there, sooner rather than later.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what to say... Hope things turn around very very soon...
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:48 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear this inse
hope something comes your way soon
Old Apr 14th 2009, 2:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

going to collect my personal work permit today. had already had it approved just in case. this one is not tied to my employer and gives me and the Mrs the right to stay here for up to 6 months without employment (not that we can afford to with singapore rent). Otherwise would have one month after my last working day.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:38 am
banned

Originally Posted by Confucius
I don't know what to say... Hope things turn around very very soon...
again, nothing..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.