Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:12 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

This was the bit I loved

"while the pro-religion team stayed composed, well behaved and supported their position with well elaborated arguments."
Old Mar 1st 2013, 10:44 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
I don't want to bring this down to school spat 'yes you are no I'm not' level but you should note that the atheist team was even warned by the moderator while the pro-religion team stayed composed, well behaved and supported their position with well elaborated arguments. The pro-atheist team on the other hand (with few notable exceptions) were reduced to angry rants (for which as I pointed out even the moderator intervention was required) and posting pictures of dicks and of other irrelevant and inaccurate content. There were a few attempts to discuss the topic with the support of arguments, but these were mostly incoherent and vastly inaccurate (like for example the claim that the stoning is an option recommended in the bible).

Overall, I don't think either side proved their point, which suits me fine as I am right there in the middle between believing and non believing. As usual, I am victorious.

With this I will conclude my contribution to this topic.
You really are funny. And deluded to the end.

I'll just remind everyone that you are the poster who started talking about taking all your clothes off and waving your dick in front of children.

Anyway, you can choose to believe whatever sky fairy theory you wish. that's absolutely your perogative, but you haven't presented a scintilla of proof or any rational argument whatsoever. The atheists on here (who do not belong to any sort of organised group, just a rag tag bunch who don't believe in a deity and have no agenda) have nothing to prove; that's your job and you failed. Miserably. But hey, thanks for the entertainment.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:17 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe you rational atheists are taking the stuff I write seriously.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:29 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikewot
I was that moderator and I issued a general warning, not aimed at one 'side' or the other because I have to play in accordance with the site rules.
You can maintain the belief your warning was general (though it was certainly not) in the same way you can maintain the belief that your non-beliefs are rational.

Victorious? You were dis-proven on many points, you failed to present any cogent arguments. I suppose that could be said to be a victory if you're using the French definition.
As far as you are concerned, the only matter of substance you contributed to the discussion was your ridiculous claim that the bible recommends stoning, and a set of similar claims. This was clearly proven to be nonsense and the only other argument you have guys is that noone can prove anything. Well done if this is your dis-proof.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 11:54 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

You can maintain the belief your warning was general (though it was certainly not) in the same way you can maintain the belief that your non-beliefs are rational.
This statement is as bizarre as all your others. Now you claim to know my own mind better than I do myself. Wow, just WOW!
in the same way you can maintain the belief that your non-beliefs are rational.
How can non-beliefs be rational? You still don't get it do you, despite at least a half dozen posters telling you a half dozen ways. If you choose to believe something then you will believe it (despite any cognitive dissonance it causes you). If someone else tries to get you to believe in something which, after some thought, you choose not to believe in then you have maintained the status quo. Babies are all atheists because no one has persuaded them (or brainwashed them) into believing something. It's not until there is external 'interference' that the belief in the supernatural and mythical beings is instilled.
How do we 'know' this? Look at the demographics of religious belief. If your parents were muslim then you are pretty certain to be muslim. No one gets to choose their religion because they like a particular brand of religions architecture, or the way they worship, or the hymns they sing. Your parents choose it for you. (Yes I am aware that there are the very few who break away or convert but I believe in sweeping generalisations).

Oh and I posted you several quotes from your bible of being put to death.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 12:46 pm
Banned

Oh and I posted you several quotes from your bible of being put to death.
I am not going again into a discussion on the Old and New Testament with you. You don't have a basic grasp on this and obviously it is beyond your capacity to understand.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 12:54 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I am not going again into a discussion on the Old and New Testament with you. You don't have a basic grasp on this and obviously it is beyond your capacity to understand.
DD, you say that about every subject you discuss on here, to be fair.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

As someone else said about this very subject: The Bible may, indeed does, contain a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre, but we are not bound by any of it because it was put together by crude, uncultured human mammals.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

This is the basis of your argument, that the rest of us are too dumb to understand your 'arguments'? I understand the bible perfectly well but you carry on as theologists have for years arguing about interpretation and context. Knock yourself out.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Not all atheists use their heads and you have no evidence to prove otherwise, you have only your wishful thinking that all atheists are some super rational creatures, on this thread it was proven that there is an unhinged fringe who is angry, irrational and offensive. This is by no means a hallmark of rational thinking.
I'm Agnostic but I have to say that it is up to theists to prove their case since the onus is on he/she making the claim.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
DD, you say that about every subject you discuss on here, to be fair.
Not really but in some cases the understanding and the desire to understand is on very low levels by most participants.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:15 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Anyone on here converted (embraced) Islam?

With this I will conclude my contribution to this topic.
Like so much of what you say, if only this were true.....

Last edited by Miss Anne Thrope; Mar 1st 2013 at 4:33 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:45 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Like so much of what you say, if only this were true.....
And for the sake of balance and consistency you criticised two of your atheist buddies fir the same reason.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:53 pm
Banned

This is the basis of your argument, that the rest of us are too dumb to understand your 'arguments'? I understand the bible perfectly well but you carry on as theologists have for years arguing about interpretation and context. Knock yourself out.
In all fairness, this comment was specifically directed at you (and I did not use the word 'dumb' just for the record). Others did not insist on rubbish theories about the Bible, but instead they limited themselves to the 'proof' bit (as if liberals ever care about proof when it comes to blindly progressing on their favourite subject of the day) and criticism of the Church organisation. Now, the interpretation and context come into play with some rather complex matters in theology but there is no interpretation and context on the simple matters such as stoning and other nonsense you were raising.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 4:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
I'm Agnostic but I have to say that it is up to theists to prove their case since the onus is on he/she making the claim.
There is no case to prove, this is the beliefs we are talking about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.