another moral question

Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: another moral question

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
In any case, I think it is just best to do your best effort to prevent it from happening. But if it still does happen, at least you could say to yourself that you did everything to the best of your ability and carry on a clear conscience in the end. I think my optimistic side is kicking in...
As far as i am concerned i do everything to love my husband and my marriage. There is nothing more i can do to prevent him from straying, other than chop his balls off if he does!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

cherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Beard Man;7232600]you are right in a way.

but if you think that there are things that you can do now to make the life in the future better for your kids then why not doing it?

What do you suggest?
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:45 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=cherrypie1;7232619]
Originally Posted by Beard Man
you are right in a way.

but if you think that there are things that you can do now to make the life in the future better for your kids then why not doing it?

What do you suggest?

as a society efforts,

the whole society should rethink about current norms or behaviors and evaluate how better/worse society will become if they were changed/replaced by other things.

example

is the society going to be any better if they stop sexual chanels ?
is the society going to be any better if temptation in movies disappear?
is the society going to be any better if boys and girls were segregated/seperated at school and universities?
is the society going to be any better if alcohol was not allowed? which contriputes in cheating and many other crimes like being a reason for killing others.

there are many things that the societies need to study, analyis and reevaluate ..

and many things that a person at home can do.

a mother can make her sons and daughters get used to a more prudish cloths. if all mothers did that ... what a better society we all gona have.

on top of all that ofcourse good nurturing with honest and good manners is required at home.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:32 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Beard Man;7232635]
Originally Posted by cherrypie1

as a society efforts,

the whole society should rethink about current norms or behaviors and evaluate how better/worse society will become if they were changed/replaced by other things.

example

is the society going to be any better if boys and girls were segregated/seperated at school and universities?
is the society going to be any better if alcohol was not allowed? which contriputes in cheating and many other crimes like being a reason for killing others.

there are many things that the societies need to study, analyis and reevaluate ..

a mother can make her sons and daughters get used to a more prudish cloths. if all mothers did that ... what a better society we all gona have.

on top of all that ofcourse good nurturing with honest and good manners is required at home.
how do you propose going about the construction of this utopia? how do you tell people they are no longer 'allowed' to have access to 'all channels' and that the government knows best and that, irrespective of your level of education, individual rights, etc. you no longer have access to certain things because we say no. and to make it more difficult, these things we say you can't have access to (clothing choice, films, content of a sexual nature), do no direct harm to an individual, is at an individuals discretion, and do no harm to others? (as opposed to things like weapons, discriminatory material, content of an extreme violent nature)

i agree that an individuals guidance on these matters is one that comes from within and conditioned into someone from family, not society blocking tv channels.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:40 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=still.unsure;7232736]

how do you propose going about the construction of this utopia? how do you tell people they are no longer 'allowed' to have access to 'all channels' and that the government knows best and that, irrespective of your level of education, individual rights, etc. you no longer have access to certain things because we say no. and to make it more difficult, these things we say you can't have access to (clothing choice, films, content of a sexual nature), do no direct harm to an individual, is at an individuals discretion, and do no harm to others? (as opposed to things like weapons, discriminatory material, content of an extreme violent nature)

i agree that an individuals guidance on these matters is one that comes from within and conditioned into someone from family, not society blocking tv channels.

i never said stop things immediately. i i said was evaluate how good the society will be without all these things.

that can be done but studies and i am sure that there are many of them which indicate how dangrous these stuff can be on the long run... the results of the current studies or the future studies should be educated to people slowly.

it is hard for people who are used to something to find it not available.. and the problem here... it is not just one thing .... there are many things to be changed/reconsidered/evaluated name it what ever you like.

but there are people who are making personal benefits of keeping things the way they are.... or they don't want to listen to the other voice because they simply don't like it.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

as a society efforts,

example

Throughout history, when a problem gets out of hand or someone abuses the law, control and limitation is the most common solution resorted to by man. Just like when someone commits a crime, he is segregated from society for sometime until he reforms and then is returned to the civil world. Depending on the law, there are some communities that will feel tied down or imprisoned thus opting to be governed by more liberal rules. On the contrast, there are also communities that feel compelled to stricter laws governing them. Not all will agree of course to a common law thus the segregation. And even with consensus, there will always be violators. Something wrong will always happen no matter what rules are set in place. I guess the point being, what you will do about it afterwards under the ruling system is what counts.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 9:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DaWarrior
Throughout history, when a problem gets out of hand or someone abuses the law, control and limitation is the most common solution resorted to by man. Just like when someone commits a crime, he is segregated from society for sometime until he reforms and then is returned to the civil world. Depending on the law, there are some communities that will feel tied down or imprisoned thus opting to be governed by more liberal rules. On the contrast, there are also communities that feel compelled to stricter laws governing them. Not all will agree of course to a common law thus the segregation. And even with consensus, there will always be violators. Something wrong will always happen no matter what rules are set in place. I guess the point being, what you will do about it afterwards under the ruling system is what counts.

the ruling system can be changed.

there are things today that are not allowed... but believe me it will be allowed in the future because people want it.

is the young generation of today is the same as their peers 50 years ago?

i don't think so. there are alot of things changing but are they changing toward better life or worse. that is something that all need to look at.

and even if there is something can not be done to stop this ... i find it better to spark a candle rather than doing nothing.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

DaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeDaWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

the ruling system can be changed.

there are things today that are not allowed... but believe me it will be allowed in the future because people want it.

is the young generation of today is the same as their peers 50 years ago?

i don't think so. there are alot of things changing but are they changing toward better life or worse. that is something that all need to look at.

and even if there is something can not be done to stop this ... i find it better to spark a candle rather than doing nothing.
I agree that change is needed, but what to change is the question. Do we change laws and/or sanctions? Do we change the perception of people on certain crimes or way of thinking all together? In this case considering a lawsuit is filed, how long will it take for the civil court to resolve such an issue? Some cases never see the light of day just because some people are untouchable. I believe the saying that the law should apply to all or none at all.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

cherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to allcherrypie1 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Beard Man;7232635]

as a society efforts,

example

BM, I partly agree with some of the things you have said, instilling good manners into ones children is something I feel strongly about, however, I don't think it would stop them having an affair in later life, nor do I think that banning sexual content on tv would make them better/worse people. My eldest child is only 13 and is not yet of the age where I would allow him to watch anything like that anyway but I am sure I am getting to the stage where I will find certain magazines tucked under his mattress (though where he would get them here, I don't know!). It is just curiosity. Also, just because some people watch sex channels doesn't make them bad either, many couples watch them together and find that it helps strengthen their relationship rather than driving either both or one of them into the arms of another. Alcohol is always a difficult one, of course it can make you lose your inhibitions somewhat and yes, some people may find that they have done something they regret the next morning, but on the whole alcohol is just a social thing for most people, as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with enjoying a few drinks, personally it helps me de-stress after spending the day running around after other people.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 11:11 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: another moral question

Perhaps humans evolved not just to have one sexual partner but many.

Grooming habits for instance (I'm sure you can think of many more examples). We know being well groomed indicates social class but why do we continue to dress in a manner that advertises our sexuality as people even when we are in quite happy relationships? Most of us instinctively feel more secure when we think we look attractive.

Edit: Of course we deny our nature often, afraid we would act in what society judges an "immoral" manner.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
As far as i am concerned i do everything to love my husband and my marriage. There is nothing more i can do to prevent him from straying, other than chop his balls off if he does!
But as I said to an earlier contributor - would you also want revenge (or whatever) against the other woman??
Old Jan 31st 2009, 3:10 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

i advice you to read my post again. but this time slowly and without anger. we are talking here about having an affair no need for you to take us to other stuff that are irrelevant to the topic.

i can answer back ... but i feel you was not objectively in your answer back.
You were the one who brought up irrelevant things by stating what you did about Atheists.

Now I have responded to your explanation it seems you don't want to answer...as for being angry, how would you feel if someone accused you indirectly of having no morals or not being able to love properly just because of something you believed or disbelieved?

N.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
I have just read this thread and am totally gobsmacked.....
I thought Annacarna was totally married and luvved up-it can happen
I thought Hawkhead was a lady.............I think Handsome is a lady too fwiw.
not married doll, did it once, big mistake, I only make mistakes once!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Eva, am curious to know why you thought I was a lady and what I have said to make you think otherwise!
cyber love, makes me a lesbian, non
Old Feb 1st 2009, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

I thought the female friend didn't know he was married, so really she wouldn't have betrayed my trust. If that is true then she must feel just as bad as the wife. The husband is the guilty party.
yr right CP, the poor lass didnt know, she is horrified, poor thing, i actually feel quite sorry for her

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.