British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   65 dead in Mecca crane collapse. Death toll may rise. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/65-dead-mecca-crane-collapse-death-toll-may-rise-865048/)

Bahtatboy Oct 12th 2015 1:39 pm

Re: 65 dead in Mecca crane collapse. Death toll may rise.

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 11770206)
Considering the profits that KSA makes from the Hajj each year (various sources put it at a over USD 7 billion) that is also a "vast commercial operation". Perfectly good reason to compare. Perhaps if there was less focus on profits and more on the prophet there might be fewer deaths there each year?

Where's the groan/laugh smiley? But even if it was solely about the prophet, it would still be about profiting in the afterlife as a result of kowtowing in this life. I'm sure if we all went around worshipping beer then society in general would be better. I've never heard of India Pale Ale-ists getting all prissy if Newkie Brownists don't come over to their way of thinking, or flat-and-room-temperature-ians insisting that their ilk can't have a packet of pork scratchings with a pint on Fridays and being in violent disagreement with lagerites who wouldn't touch a bowl of scampi on Sundays. On the other hand, one massive toga party lasting five days has some redeeming features, but not in the dessert (and the rock-throwing bit might get out of hand). Walking round the same building several times isn't exactly unheard of late on a Friday night, either. I seriously can't take seriously anyone who takes religion seriously. Seriously. Y'all seriously need to get a life, not wish for one after you're dead. (None of the above aimed at you, Meow.) Edit: Why aren't my paragraphs separating?

Irishbeekeeper Oct 12th 2015 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11770227)
Where's the groan/laugh smiley? But even if it was solely about the prophet, it would still be about profiting in the afterlife as a result of kowtowing in this life. I'm sure if we all went around worshipping beer then society in general would be better. I've never heard of India Pale Ale-ists getting all prissy if Newkie Brownists don't come over to their way of thinking, or flat-and-room-temperature-ians insisting that their ilk can't have a packet of pork scratchings with a pint on Fridays and being in violent disagreement with lagerites who wouldn't touch a bowl of scampi on Sundays. On the other hand, one massive toga party lasting five days has some redeeming features, but not in the dessert (and the rock-throwing bit might get out of hand). Walking round the same building several times isn't exactly unheard of late on a Friday night, either. I seriously can't take seriously anyone who takes religion seriously. Seriously. Y'all seriously need to get a life, not wish for one after you're dead. (None of the above aimed at you, Meow.) Edit: Why aren't my paragraphs separating?

:rofl::rofl:
you know I read that all in an american accent for some reason and it was brilliant! :)

scrubbedexpat141 Oct 13th 2015 4:50 am

or flat-and-room-temperature-ians

This is my religion.

redShark Oct 14th 2015 4:49 pm

Although I didn’t understand much of what you drivel about (probably because it is some kind of a pub language) but I think what you are trying to say is right- faith is just simply not suitable for you, you better stick to your bottle- doom and gloom, consume, and be consumed

Bahtatboy Oct 14th 2015 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11771821)
Although I didn’t understand much of what you drivel about (probably because it is some kind of a pub language) but I think what you are trying to say is right- faith is just simply not suitable for you, you better stick to your bottle- doom and gloom, consume, and be consumed

Nearly right, Minnow--except that many death cults (even big ones) are the doom and gloom vehicles. You carry on desperately clinging to your blind and misguided hope of a happy after-life, I'll continue with living my life doing the best I can for those around me. Oh, and ps: If you actually got out a bit more and interacted with intelligent, reliable, responsible, caring, sincere people with a link to and an understanding of how British establishments, culture and freedoms have been formed and the role they play in society, it'd make you a more rounded person.

redShark Oct 14th 2015 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Irishbeekeeper (Post 11770264)
:rofl::rofl:
you know I read that all in an american accent for some reason and it was brilliant! :)

Speaking of accent, I use to know in my locality a group of british Pakistanis who took conformity with the culture of the locals to the extreme, like being so keen on speaking their accent, pretending in their behaviours to be like one of them, etc. thinking that by doing so they would look cool and charming and therefore acceptable. But little did they know that the locals actually have more respect to the other Pakistanis who act like themselves and are proud of their identity. One day I was discussing with a pakistani friend in my local mosque about those guys and he went, 'yeh we know those guys, they are just a joke, and we have a nickname for them', something related to some crop.

Millhouse Oct 14th 2015 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11771844)
Speaking of accent, I use to know in my locality a group of british Pakistanis who took conformity with the culture of the locals to the extreme, like being so keen on speaking their accent, pretending in their behaviours to be like one of them, etc. thinking that by doing so they would look cool and charming and therefore acceptable. But little did they know that the locals actually have more respect to the other Pakistanis who act like themselves and are proud of their identity. One day I was discussing with a pakistani friend in my local mosque about those guys and he went, 'yeh we know those guys, they are just a joke, and we have a nickname for them', something related to some crop.

Hardly news. In my experience Brit-Paks are universally hated by both Paks and Brits. The general thinking on both sides is this: You can be British, or Pak, but you cannot be both. :lol:

scot47 Oct 14th 2015 8:06 pm

The Brit-Paks I worked with in Saudi were horrified to hear that the Saudis considered them to be "Hindis". (ie "Indians")

Boomhauer Oct 14th 2015 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11771821)

Aren't you deliberately deluding yourself? The thought of an afterlife is comforting so you believe in it . It's like someone who imagines they are a famous movie star or powerfull leader or whatever, to make themselves feel better.

Boomhauer Oct 14th 2015 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11771844)

So what you are really saying is that he should support you and Islam and be against the other British posters here and failure to do so makes him a sellout or race traitor .

If you aren't actually descended from Khaleeji tribes but from pre Islamic Mesopotamian peoples, then aren't you a sellout for supporting Salafism?

Bahtatboy Oct 15th 2015 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Boomhauer (Post 11772112)
If you aren't actually descended from Khaleeji tribes but from pre Islamic Mesopotamian peoples, then aren't you a sellout for supporting Salafism?

That's going to go straight over Minnow's head.

IKnowNothing Oct 15th 2015 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11770572)
This is my religion.

Saw this and thought of you...http://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/...hermometer.jpg

Boomhauer Oct 15th 2015 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11772307)
That's going to go straight over Minnow's head.

Me thinks he is afflicted with a particularly strong case of Stockhom Syndrome. Abu Bakar Al Baghdadi claims he is descended from Muhammed's Quraysh tribe. So maybee RedShark fancies himself as also being from the Quraysh too.

You know what is interesting and exposes the racist nature of Islam : it is that one has to be from the Quraysh tribe to be considered a legitimate Caliph.

It highlighted Baghdadi's family history which claims that Baghdadi was indeed a descendant of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad's Quraysh tribe - one of the key qualifications in Islamic history for becoming the caliph (historically, leader of all Muslims). It said that Baghdadi came from the al-Bu Badri tribe, which is primarily based in Samarra and Diyala, north and east of Baghdad respectively, and known historically for being descendants of Muhammad.
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: Islamic State's driving force - BBC News
So this means 99% of the Muslims out there are ineligible of being Caliph because they do not meet the racial qualifications.

redShark Oct 15th 2015 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11771953)
Hardly news. In my experience Brit-Paks are universally hated by both Paks and Brits. The general thinking on both sides is this: You can be British, or Pak, but you cannot be both. :lol:

You seem to come from Birmingham mate ;), my favorite city, no where in the UK you can walk into a grocerry shop after midnight and buy fruits and vegetables to cook bulti with .
Any way, some Brit-Paks on here would strongly and wholeheartedly disagree with your point

mikewot Oct 15th 2015 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by redShark (Post 11772726)
Any way, some Brit-Paks on here would strongly and wholeheartedly disagree with your point

A. I doubt it.
And
B. How did you reach your masterful conclusion?