Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

What makes Britain completely crap?

What makes Britain completely crap?

Old Oct 9th 2014, 4:44 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes Britain completely crap?

Originally Posted by fulwood
I always clean up after my 2 dogs. Not fun but not fun for folks to see or step in it. I have decided after reading the book "Go the F..K to sleep" to write my own books.. The first one is my male dog who takes forever to s..t - can walk 1/4 darned mile before goes. He turns around, stops - no that place no good - repeated numerous times. Drives me crazy! So my first book's title will be "Just go and s..t!!!!! and my second is... My other dog has started chewing my stuff again. I borrowed a library book off a friend so I can use it to target my theme for the month (Pirates). Darned dog has chewed it - so gotta pay $20 (cost of book). Phone number 4 was chewed last week, along with some clothes. So my other book is Stop Eating My S...ttttttttt!!!!!
If you're taking advance orders Fulwood, I'll have one of each. Preferably unchewed and not pooped on
Old Oct 9th 2014, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

lol... Honestly going to start writing down comments in a notebook.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Poo trees
Litter piled high in the streets
Miserable people

Add to the list
TV Crap:

The Jeremy Kyle Show

Loose Women A load of gobby old harpies talking craptalk - usually about men

Non speeches by Ed Miliband

Big Brother

Celebrity Big Brother

Britain's Got Talent..........no it hasn't!

Jeremy Paxman in whatever capacity

60 Minute Makeover.......60 minutes? Come on!!!! Think compensation claims once the faults come to light...

Nicky Campbell - sorry to say, a fellow Scot but what a smarmy bar steward!

Town and city centres at chucking out time especially on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.....all that lovely vomit and piss and punch ups galore and groups of foul mouthed pissed out of their brains females with very, very little in the way of dress even when it's -5C and with snow on the ground.

Last edited by Lothianlad; Oct 9th 2014 at 9:19 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2014, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Dog poo trees.
As an aggrieved party to the multitude of dogs owned in urban areas and seeing owners walking their dogs into more densely populated areas and towards beaches and not understanding it myself - in spite of there being 8 million dogs in the UK - I have been probing further.

Amongst other things, I've been hunting for the origins - on here - of the 'discussion' ref dog poo trees and having found this from about a year ago, wanted to share the BBC commentary on it - can't see whether the article has come up before.

BBC News - Eight radical solutions to the problem of dog mess

I note:

"Dog mess is one of the most common causes of complaints to local councils and four out of 10 people consider it a problem in their local area" - per Keep Britain Tidy.

It would seem that an origin for dog poo trees lies in the local council or authority taking 'action' - in this case in 'green' Todmorden -

"In Todmorden, West Yorkshire, British Waterways decorated a tree with dozens of bags of poo-filled plastic bags, to highlight the problem of owners picking the waste up - only to fling it into the foliage."

There you go then! Moving right along.........

More very heavy rain today! Phew!
Old Oct 13th 2014, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Todmorden - after seeing the tree with those bags on it - should be renamed "Turdmorden".. Honestly forgive me but i read the BBC article - only Brits could come up with such a long-winded article on the subject of dog feces. It's not as bad in Arizona but I get annoyed myself when see it. My idea for a book is becoming more of a reality Today my dog started to show all signs of needed to "go" but before he did he chased a butterfly and ate a roach (cockroach not the illegal kind) before he squatted. All whilst on the end of a leash and me saying "Just s..t for f..ks sake"..