What was the final straw for you?

Old Oct 28th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What was the final straw for you?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Interesting point about your health, amazing what stress can do.

We initially looked into Italy if we didnt get our visas for Oz, but were a little worried as we dont speak the language and were concerned about jobs.

How have you found Italy?
Read your blog, can't believe some sad b@;;%rd found it offence!!!! To them get a life. Personally I find them hilarious. Crying with laughter..........keep them coming, can't wait for the next one! Were moving to Brisbane wish you were too!
Old Oct 28th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

johnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of light

Its very interesting reading these posts. having lived in various EU countries and now living back in England.( never sold the house)

How i see it is that Britain is the most self critical country in the developed world. So much so that brits that have not lived abroad and experienced other countries start to believe that Britain is a really poor country to live in. In fact Britain is one of the best countries to live in despite all its faults and a labour government. So people move abroad believing that almost any country is better than Britain.

When they realise that this is not the case, it is a big shock that some people would never admit.

This i see as being the reason so many want to come back.

Many stay as the new life is good for them.

But you know it appears that it is fine to knock Britain but not fine to knock other countries. Hopefully sites like this give people all sides of the story and that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnny nofrfolk
brits that have not lived abroad and experienced other countries start to believe that Britain is a really poor country to live in. In fact Britain is one of the best countries to live in despite all its faults and a labour government. So people move abroad believing that almost any country is better than Britain.
When they realise that this is not the case, it is a big shock that some people would never admit.
But you know it appears that it is fine to knock Britain but not fine to knock other countries. Hopefully sites like this give people all sides of the story and that the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.
Agreed - We enjoyed our life in the UK and just fancied a change and a chance to travel within Australia whilst living here. We had several Ozzie hols prior to coming here to live. We also wanted to see if the grass was infact greener.

We kept our house in the UK which I'm so glad about. I'm currently enjoying living in Australia and would ideally like to live 6months in each but don't think my bank balance would allow this.

My experience so far has taught me that the UK is actually a great place to live, more than I ever realised.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnny nofrfolk
Its very interesting reading these posts. having lived in various EU countries and now living back in England.( never sold the house)

How i see it is that Britain is the most self critical country in the developed world. So much so that brits that have not lived abroad and experienced other countries start to believe that Britain is a really poor country to live in. In fact Britain is one of the best countries to live in despite all its faults and a labour government. So people move abroad believing that almost any country is better than Britain.

Very well written and I agree with you entirely.
What makes us think the grass is greener?
I am full of regret and only wish I had stayed put.
The only positive is ,that to me it has been to me a very valuable lesson.
One which I will not forget in a hurry.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

johnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of lightjohnny nofrfolk is a glorious beacon of light

Why do we think the grass is greener. ?

In the UK The media led by the BBC does not not see itself as pro British in any area. so much so that I would describe the BBC as subversive. They knock anything traditional in British culture, and support any other minority group. This continuous drip feed of negativity does have a bad effect on the population. Brits are made to feel guilty about everything thanks to the BBC.

In other countries most of the media appears to me as far more patriotic to its country.

This is a a positive effect on giving people some pride in their country.

A Brit notices that and gives a feeling of warmth and comfort that is not felt at home.

I think the BBC should be heavily cut back in size to reduce the countries depression, it is just far to big for its boots.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:21 am
Banned

Truebritt is a jewel in the roughTruebritt is a jewel in the roughTruebritt is a jewel in the roughTruebritt is a jewel in the roughTruebritt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Read your blog, can't believe some sad b@;;%rd found it offence!!!! To them get a life. Personally I find them hilarious. Crying with laughter..........keep them coming, can't wait for the next one! Were moving to Brisbane wish you were too!
Interesting, I always like to read a constructive post! Can’t wait to read a post of your experience of Brisbane once you arrive!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 12:06 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissydeb

Its true, they even pm'd me to ask me to remove the link.

Not the only one as well, its happened before.

I cant work out why on earth someone would read something they find boring and then slate you for it.

Its my outlet really, I look back on some of it and its good for memories.

I have even been called a liar by one girl, saying that couldnt have happend to me. Its only because I like writing and describe my days events in detail, it doesnt make it a lie.

Dear god, if I was going to lie, it wouldnt be about my bad breath boss and a smelly london bus.

Old Oct 29th 2006, 12:25 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Its true, they even pm'd me to ask me to remove the link.

Not the only one as well, its happened before.

I cant work out why on earth someone would read something they find boring and then slate you for it.

Its my outlet really, I look back on some of it and its good for memories.

I have even been called a liar by one girl, saying that couldnt have happend to me. Its only because I like writing and describe my days events in detail, it doesnt make it a lie.

Dear god, if I was going to lie, it wouldnt be about my bad breath boss and a smelly london bus.

Hey gorgeous how ya doing?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 12:25 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Truebritt
Interesting, I always like to read a constructive post! Can’t wait to read a post of your experience of Brisbane once you arrive!
???Your comment is constructive too I suppose??
Old Oct 29th 2006, 12:39 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Hey gorgeous how ya doing?
Quietly sipping a cold Fosters Ice.

My little whippet stayed over last night, and whilst she has been away, I have developed an allergy to her.

I spent most of last night, wheezing and coughing. You try telling my little dog she cant have a cuddle.

And I see Gobbyjock is online - Im going to settle for the afternoon now. (abdel is doing the cooking)

Hows Eric, Chris?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 12:40 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quietly sipping a cold Fosters Ice.

My little whippet stayed over last night, and whilst she has been away, I have developed an allergy to her.

I spent most of last night, wheezing and coughing. You try telling my little dog she cant have a cuddle.

And I see Gobbyjock is online - Im going to settle for the afternoon now. (abdel is doing the cooking)

Hows Eric, Chris?

Any visa news?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:03 pm

No news as yet.

Actually, we could all do a visa dance and dance naked around the fire.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 4:20 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

No news as yet.

Actually, we could all do a visa dance and dance naked around the fire.

...I'm in! Nothing too energetic though as I am still a bit wobbly.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Will PM it to you. You sound like a lovely person, hope we meet in Oz!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:28 am
Banned

sweetcheeks is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: What was the final straw for you?

Constructive post...........you have only susubmittedo 3?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.