Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread

Wikiposts

US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread

Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:04 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Healthcare discussion moved from Over 50's & 60's thread

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
I dont think thats allowed is it..??? lol
I don't know. They're such lovely old dears that I don't like to question it. I'm open about my politics anyway so I don't really care.

Last election, we went to Dunkin' Donuts and bought the volunteers coffee and lots of donuts and bagels. There's not one of them under 80 and yet there they are every election, working 14 hour days for nothing. Bless them!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I think to vote in a primary election in Florida you have to have a party affiliation. I know it's not the case in most states, but I'm almost certain it is in Florida. Of course, Florida has to be different - they don't know how to vote down there anyway - and they certainly don't know how to count votes.
Aw they do ... on for you two for me, one for you two for me
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:39 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachgal21
Aw they do ... on for you two for me, one for you two for me
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen anything about this either. Maybe she's afraid that she's going to reap what she's sewn.
Good Point Beachgirl... and she's sewn alot of bad seeds.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
Agreed 100% , couldn't have put it any better. I think , to me, Americans seem much more easily swayed and "manipulated" by the media / government. Us Brits would say ' F that " to a lot of what gets said & written in the news here but Americans are more likely to be taken in by it.
Thats a brilliant post... the thoughts I could never put down on paper, I totally agree, people here are so easily lead by the media, then again the media know their job and all follow one story like sheep, Baaa Baaa.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Here in our little town they actually call out your party affiliation when you go to vote! The lady who checks your name in the book shouts 'DEMOCRAT' or 'REPUBLICAN'? I found it so weird the first time because everyone else can hear.
Sally, I think thats awful, Its a very private issue, why would I want others in line to know which party I support.

Last edited by Fish n Chips 56; Jan 11th 2011 at 4:33 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I think to vote in a primary election in Florida you have to have a party affiliation. I know it's not the case in most states, but I'm almost certain it is in Florida. Of course, Florida has to be different - they don't know how to vote down there anyway - and they certainly don't know how to count votes.
hahahahahahaaaaa thats for sure...
Old Jan 11th 2011, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

My OH watches Fox News but not while I'm around, but mostly he get's all his ideas from the people he listens to on Sirius Radio. He's a huge Mike Church fan and hangs on his every word. I have to smile when I hear him calling other people 'sheeple', he doesn't realize that that's exactly what he is, he just follows a different shepherd.

I've never heard of Mr Church but I don't have Sirius, its think its ironic that church is broadcasting hate, ld bet its not his real name.

There are so many of these political broadcasters and stations, its ruined regular broadcast radio as we know it, I'm sure you know he can say things on Sirius XM that cant be said on regular broadcast radio.

I have to ask, Does OH have any Guns? I'm just curious.

I know it was asked if he wanted you to change your opinions, I'm sure has hasn't said anything in that regard but the truth is he doesn't have to, by just repeating this info he is hoping to change your views, I call it Monkey see Monkey Do.

With you posting here I'm sure he must already have a sense you are not enjoying the changes in him and sense a problem.

If I was you I would be careful about this site, be sure to log out every time, even though you and him are anonymous, he may not like the things you write, Just be careful and take care of #1.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Here in our little town they actually call out your party affiliation when you go to vote! The lady who checks your name in the book shouts 'DEMOCRAT' or 'REPUBLICAN'? I found it so weird the first time because everyone else can hear.
My 93 year old Mother is a Democrat, lives in Florida. My deceased father was on the opposing side (I don't want to mention the name..) and when he was alive they were both voters for them (as you can imagine - very dominant husband). As soon as he died, she switched parties. She has a voters card, Democratic Party card. I had never seen one, as I always thought your vote was between you and the machine (unless you are a hanging chad or a pregnant chad, that is - didn't our vocabulary expand that year!). And she pays into the party fund regularly - dribs and drabs, but nevertheless... I voted in Wisconsin, and later on in Minnesota, and did not have a party affiliated voters card. Must depend on the state you live in. Just guessing. Now - we may need a voters thread for all this, but I am not moving over again!!
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:24 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
I've never heard of Mr Church but I don't have Sirius, its think its ironic that church is broadcasting hate, ld bet its not his real name.

There are so many of these political broadcasters and stations, its ruined regular broadcast radio as we know it, I'm sure you know he can say things on Sirius XM that cant be said on regular broadcast radio.

I know it was asked if he wanted you to change your opinions, I'm sure has hasn't said anything in that regard but the truth is he doesn't have to, by just repeating this info he is hoping to change your views, I call it Monkey see Monkey Do.

With you posting here I'm sure he must already have a sense you are not enjoying the changes in him and sense a problem.

If I was you I would be careful about this site, be sure to log out every time, even though you and him are anonymous, he may not like the things you write, Just be careful and take care of #1.
Also, when you log in, uncheck the box at the top right of the screen - that way if you forget to Log out, it won't save your password in cookies and all you have to do is close Internet Explorer (or the tab you have BE open in). Otherwise it will automatically log you (or him) in next time ...
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:17 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
My 93 year old Mother is a Democrat, lives in Florida. My deceased father was on the opposing side (I don't want to mention the name..) and when he was alive they were both voters for them (as you can imagine - very dominant husband). As soon as he died, she switched parties. She has a voters card, Democratic Party card. I had never seen one, as I always thought your vote was between you and the machine (unless you are a hanging chad or a pregnant chad, that is - didn't our vocabulary expand that year!). And she pays into the party fund regularly - dribs and drabs, but nevertheless... I voted in Wisconsin, and later on in Minnesota, and did not have a party affiliated voters card. Must depend on the state you live in. Just guessing. Now - we may need a voters thread for all this, but I am not moving over again!!
I think it depends whether your state has open or closed primaries.

Here in New York we have closed primaries, meaning that only Dems can vote in the Dem primary and the same for the other guys. Independents can't vote in the primaries here. Therefore, the voting location has to have you registered as one or the other, and when primaries for both parties are held on the same day, they have to give you the appropriate ballot. That's why she calls out which party you belong to. But in some states, everyone can vote in each primary and therefore there's no need for party ID at the polling station.

I really don't mind. In closed primary states, it's pretty hard to hide your affiliation on primary day. The different party primaries are often held on different days or in different locations, so just by showing up everyone knows what team you're on.

Last edited by sallysimmons; Jan 12th 2011 at 12:19 am.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

beachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond reputebeachgal21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56

No he doesn't have any guns, that was the one thing that I absolutely put my foot down about when we first met. I'm sure he'd like to though, his thinks that everyone should be given a gun before boarding a plane just in case of hi-jackers or other nutcases (I know, you don't need to say anything)

Thanks for your concern, I'll be sure to log out as you suggest
Old Jan 12th 2011, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dunroving
Also, when you log in, uncheck the box at the top right of the screen - that way if you forget to Log out, it won't save your password in cookies and all you have to do is close Internet Explorer (or the tab you have BE open in). Otherwise it will automatically log you (or him) in next time ...
Thanks for the heads up
Old Jan 12th 2011, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Hello Rosie,

Amusing and sad, I hate how some guys cant let their lovely wives make their own decesions, Im sure it happens alot even now.

Chads Uhhhh just another bad memory, the news couldn't get enough of that one, I sure wished they had focused more on the voting machines that were taking votes from Gore, I watched a one hour show about it on HBO, even some Reps were crying, (Real Tears) ...
Im sure most Americans have no clue it ever happened... some things never make it to broadcast TV...

Not moving again, hahhaaaaa dont think you need to there is no censorship here to my knowledge... at least not yet...
Old Jan 12th 2011, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dunroving
Dunroving...
Thanks for that extra info, Im not computer savy but appreciate your knowledge. Nice one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.