Too scared to live in England.

Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

ukflyaway is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Too scared to live in England.

Originally Posted by Crayfish
mmm nice bloke; "my old school was totally black"... in that case you should not think that France would be any better come to think of it!! And you found crime, drugs etc had increased did you? How would you know that, do tell!! Reading the Daily Mail perhaps?

This is typical of the lame, pathetic attitude I have found with some expats. You blame your country of birth for your own failings. The UK does not need people like you, I sincerely hope you keep your word and do not ever come back to visit these shores.
Your dead right: it needs more radical Muslims , mosques.. END
My news comes from the visits we USED to make.. It's all yours brother

Last edited by ukflyaway; Jan 30th 2008 at 12:07 am.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ukflyaway
I have to say that there are many many places that put England to shame, as far as crime and weather are concerned.
shame on England it should really try a lot harder when it comes to weather .
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lorids
My thoughts exactly (that silly weather shaming the country).
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Too scared to live in England.

Originally Posted by Marmalade
My thoughts exactly (that silly weather shaming the country).
Shame on me for being a dumb whitey
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Shame on me for being a dumb whitey
You said it.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

I think all we can do as parents is try as best we can to bring our children up with respect, love, security and happiness and hope as they grow up these values will be instilled enough for them to make sensible choices for their own lives and those dependant on them. I am getting less convinced about the 'where' and more convinced about the 'how'.

I think you have just made one of the most sensible and sane comments I have read with regard to this whole subject!

Well done
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

point taken: I'm an uneducated northern bum and ashamed of it!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
You said it.
I was who I was and said what I thought! Congratulations on your 6000+ quotes...

Last edited by ukflyaway; Jan 30th 2008 at 1:18 am.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family

All these people on here keep saying that they've never seen any crime near them and I know the media hype everything up but seriously, every morning I put the TV on and someone else has been shot/stabbed/beaten with an iron bar. It's getting to be a normal occurance. This is not just happening in London anymore, it's widespread and I for one, don't really want to wait until it starts happening in my town before I move.

Jo
I do understand what you're saying, I would just generally add that there are different levels of crime reporting in different countries too. The reporting seems to be high level of the negative stuff in UK (perhaps more honestly than other countries??)

Jo (also!)
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clougherty family
Hi Tracey,

Don't want to get into all this slagging off UK/Aus. and to be honest the only reason I posted is because we're just a bit worried about the situation here. I love England and Maidenhead is our home town, all our family and friends are here and that part is great. I love the UK for all the reasons we all went on about when we were in Perth and posting on here, but I have to say that this society is not the same as even a couple of years ago. I don't want to be racist or ageist etc etc blah blah, but the place is unrecognisable from when we were growing up.

My boys will go to the Catholic school near us but if they weren't Catholic they would have to go the another primary school near my house and the statistics are about 98% asian children. Don't get me wrong, I had asian girls in my class at school and we all got on fine but it's got to the stage where the white children are in the minority. I don't want my kids learning all about religious festivals and not being allowed to talk about Christmas! There are Polish people everywhere, Polish shops opening up, it feels like we are living in another Country. I'm not sure whether we should just stay here and deal with the fact that things change or whether we should move somewhere more rural or even move to another country. I really don't want to have to move abroad again as it's so stressful but at the end of the day we want the best life we can for us and our children.

All these people on here keep saying that they've never seen any crime near them and I know the media hype everything up but seriously, every morning I put the TV on and someone else has been shot/stabbed/beaten with an iron bar. It's getting to be a normal occurance. This is not just happening in London anymore, it's widespread and I for one, don't really want to wait until it starts happening in my town before I move.

Jo
It's when these crimes don't merit a mention on the TV when you need to start worrying.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

lorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of lightlorids is a glorious beacon of light

point taken: I'm an uneducated northern bum and ashamed of it!
do you not mean an uneducated previously very cold and wet northern bum and ashamed of it!!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Good to hear a true and honest post.. Crime is just about as bad in England as it is in Africa

Sorry, what a total t****r you are! England is a tiny little country; Africa is a continent (back onto geography again).

You cannot possibly compare the two regarding crime stats! Darfur is in Africa - I don't remember hearing anything about genocide in England. What about state sponsored crime such as Mugabe?

Please, please stay away from the UK - assuming you're already gone - we really do not want people like you there.

I'd actually laugh if I didn't realise you seriously believe what crap you spout!
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:46 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
OK, maybe I was exaggerating a bit, Hillbrow Jo,berg first, Perth second
Oh come one now.

Originally Posted by Howard1944
Whoa, wife and I were just talking vacation, after I posted wrong spelling I decided to check out Maldives, perfect spot for our next holiday, am booking, everything we are looking for.

The Lord moves in mysterious ways.
Got the spelling wrong, good one.

Originally Posted by robclaridge
My wife and I 'ping ponged' and are now here in Oz for good. We now have an enviable lifestyle - as opposed to just existing as we did in the UK. Here we have a bigger house and more money in the bank. This all took time. MOST People from the UK believe in a god given right to suddenly jump to the top of the very best paid positions. It takes time to establish yourself. I'm not going to knock the UK - I loved it there (Albiet we suffered a burglary, 4 stolen cars and numerous thefts from my place of work!) Its just that its 2 GREAT nations seperated by a culture. When we ping ponged we realised friends and family were not half as welcoming as we thought upon our initial return and were not interested in our experiences. Infact they had little or no news and had done nothing in the interim! We, like a lot of you I suspect missed friends and family, funny that some of you report on the mistaken hysteria of crime 'back home' I would suggest that some of you are now focasing on the hysteria of a Britain of yesteryear. We could not get back to Brisbane quick enough! We had conveniently forgotten why it was we left the UK in the first place.
Sorry Rob, but you are boring me to tears. Please change the record.

I have to say that there are many many places that put England to shame, as far as crime and weather are concerned.
Brilliantly silly post. You surely didn't mean it?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Oh come one now.

Got the spelling wrong, good one.

Sorry Rob, but you are boring me to tears. Please change the record.

Brilliantly silly post. You surely didn't mean it?
17 + posts a day! my god do you eat?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear a true and honest post.. Crime is just about as bad in England as it is in Africa
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

This is a pretty good indicator of how ridiculous that statement is, the Uk's murder rate is Tiny, even lower than Canada and Australia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.