Reflections and Belonging

Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reflections and Belonging

Sorry to hear about your sister but at least you know now well in advance of going back to UK. Not that it helps with the healing process. Hugs
Old Aug 18th 2014, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fulwood
I would like to thank you all for taking the time to read my reflections on the UK. On another note my sister whom I had not seen since 1966 has decided we have nothing in common and does not want to waste time forging a friendship that is based on only a common history. She is a lovely lass though don't get me wrong. I feel we are very different but was prepared to give things a chance. So I still will return to England but one less person on my visiting list. She was very supportive during the time during and when Dwane died. We continued to Skype as she worried about my well-being for which I was grateful. But seems now met me in person - it's all gone. Anyway thank God my life has been one of independence - had no bleeding choice anyway. So it has kind of set me back a little bit - how much rejection can a person face in a lifetime. I was going to try and wean myself off my meds but this threw me for wee bit of a loop. All I know is that if I can make it thru these past few months since my beloved brother passed away - I can certainly cope with this kind of crap. No need to feel sorry. I just spoke with friend in UK and we spoke about time when she sets up her own non-profit for kids who leave care. Told her I want to be part of it. 15 years living in care gives me an edge I think over other candidates.. Since I made decision I shall return to UK it has given me a goal and a purpose so I can put up with stuff in US knowing there will be an end one day. Enough said..
Sorry to hear about your sister. As the old saying goes "we can choose our friends but not our families". Some families are just not that close. At least you have friends back in the UK and can look forward to eventually moving back there knowing that they will be supportive of you. Take care of yourself.
Old Aug 18th 2014, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Best of British, Fulwood.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

I too have just discovered this thread. Thank you fulwood for posting the impressions and reflections prompted by your trip.

Very moving and thought-provoking. You are so right about the laughter, I find myself enjoying this almost every day. Along with other lovely things about being back home.

It's a shame about your sister. But I think your idea of working with the friend who is setting up something to help kids when they leave care at 18--this is a wonderful idea. I have no first-hand experience but have read about how often they are suddenly thrown onto their own resources with little or no support.

What a wonderful goal.

It is so true that as we grow older (tho I agree, 53 is NOT old, but I guess we must accept that it's middle age!) we find our desires, needs, etc shifting, and part of this is often a growing call back towards "home."
Old Sep 16th 2014, 11:34 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hey you . How did I miss this update from you.

Wonderful post Fulwood.

You know that I wish you lots of joy and laughter for your years ahead.

Big squishy {{ hug }} love.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

pondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to allpondhopper2014 is a name known to all

(((Hug))) we chose our heart families... Keep that in mind when blood ties fail you. It has gotten my Hunny and I through a lot of hurt. We are raising our children differently - family first. <3 Look to a brighter future...