Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Sep 23rd 2011, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by jasper123
You know I was looking at the telly last week I believe and this man was being interviewed he lived somewhere in England ----- he was 107, he looked quite good, all his faculties and a straight back, he was asked the secret of his long life and he said no secret but since I was a young man I have always believed in having a shot of scotch each day
How about the lady who was 112. She had never been married and she attributes that to her long life.

Cheers
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/82...years-old.html

just sayin.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:17 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
You have to keep the $1000 in for a year with Chase (thats what I got from the ad I saw), I wonder if the Halifax want you to save that £1,000 a month or if you could get it for depositing your monthly paycheck then using it to pay bills.

Halifax gives it to you monthly. I've already received my first £5 after signing up a month ago.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:20 am
DDL

Originally Posted by cheers

I suppose some people might think that this is a good thing but - like the song says - it ain't necessarily so.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:21 am
DDL

The price of food is going down in Britain

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ross-the-board

Wal-Mart 'rolls back' their prices all the time but it never leads anyone on here to say 'The price of food is going down in America'.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Better yet Chase Bank will give you $200 up front to open a savings account with $1,000. I think.
Never heard of Chase Bank. Is it only in London?
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:27 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Nope Barb not teetotal, I always have one large glass of scotch per day, just for mediational purposes you understand, it keeps me heathy and keeps the bugs away, up until the mid 80's for 500 years the British Sailers were given one shot of rum per day to keep them healthy, rum was my drink in the U.S. but now Im in U.K. I think it only fitting that I should switch to Scotch, so I did
You know I was looking at the telly last week I believe and this man was being interviewed he lived somewhere in England ----- he was 107, he looked quite good, all his faculties and a straight back, he was asked the secret of his long life and he said no secret but since I was a young man I have always believed in having a shot of scotch each day :)
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 7:28 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

...and now you calculated at one glass a day you are up to March 12, 2067.

...and besides your not very patriotic to England by drinking Scotch. I would have thought you would show English patriotism by drinking gin?

Cheers
Or Pimms.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
It's an American Bank. It use to be know as Chase Manhattan.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good news for some.
US Dollar is worth more than the Canadian dollar today.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 2:05 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
No it used to be Called Chase Manhattan Bank, Dh had his college loan through them back in the 80's. They took over Washington Mutual here, we had our home loan with WaMu and now it's been transferred over and I get the bills from Chase.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
No it used to be Called Chase Manhattan Bank, Dh had his college loan through them back in the 80's. They took over Washington Mutual here, we had our home loan with WaMu and now it's been transferred over and I get the bills from Chase.

I'm looking at my statement and it says "JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A."
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:24 pm
DDL

Barb, the latest issue of The Lady arrived today. There's another scheme manager job. This one's in Ealing.

Westlon Housing Association
Experienced Scheme Manager Required (Resident) for Sheltered Housing
Ealing, London W5
(£15,912 p.a. plus rent-free accommodation)

Experienced scheme manager required in sheltered accommodation for
older people in Ealing, West London.
Duties include co-ordinating and monitoring support to tenants, including
ensuring they receive appropriate help from social care and health agencies,
in order to maintain their independence.
Good communication skills and the ability to make good relationships with
tenants are essential, as is extensive experience of working with older people.

For job description and application form please contact:
Marian or Maxine on 020 8201 8484

Closing date for receipt of completed application forms: 06/10/11
Interviews (if shortlisted): Thursday 13/10/11
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:25 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at my statement and it says "JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A."
Oh yes they took on J.P.Morgan too didn't they. Are they some sort of monopoly now they have taken over so many failing institutions I wonder.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DDL
Barb, the latest issue of The Lady arrived today. There's another scheme manager job. This one's in Ealing.

Westlon Housing Association
Experienced Scheme Manager Required (Resident) for Sheltered Housing
Ealing, London W5
(£15,912 p.a. plus rent-free accommodation)

Experienced scheme manager required in sheltered accommodation for
older people in Ealing, West London.
Duties include co-ordinating and monitoring support to tenants, including
ensuring they receive appropriate help from social care and health agencies,
in order to maintain their independence.
Good communication skills and the ability to make good relationships with
tenants are essential, as is extensive experience of working with older people.

For job description and application form please contact:
Marian or Maxine on 020 8201 8484

Closing date for receipt of completed application forms: 06/10/11
Interviews (if shortlisted): Thursday 13/10/11
With the rent free bit ...it is a survivable salary plus Ealing is very nice and leafy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.