Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:39 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Wow Rodney, that sounds great. I had surgery last year and was left outside in a corridor for an hour on the stretcher waiting to go in. I was terrified and asked for something to calm me down, but they said no because my doctor wasn't there. So I just lay there in the corridor with people walking past and nobody paying me any attention. Ours is a very busy hospital and there are always people lying on stretchers in every corridor.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
OK I was waiting for someone to ask me about the hospital, OMG you would never believe in fact nobody living in U.S. would believe what I am going to tell you now, ------ you start out just like normal you know ---- your in a room with your hospital gown on laying on the bed, a nurse comes in takes my pulse, blood pressure etc, runs through everything in detail with me, told me exactly whats going to happen before and after operation,
Then a few minutes pass I get another visit from the head surgical nurse, she explains a bit more and asked if I had any questions, then the Anesthesiologist comes in introduces himself and goes through the explanation of the injection procedure to knock me out etc,
Then lastly the Surgeon came in with his black marker in hand and marked two arrows on my skin pointing to the right side hernia area, ---- this way they dont make any mistakes and do the wrong area, then he said it will be about an hour before I go into the theater cause he had one patient before me, ----- so later the head surgical nurse takes me to the operating theater and the doors open and --------- this is it!!!! WOW it was as though I was in a dream, I looked around and there were so many people in there, I counted 6 nurses all dressed in crisp clean white and blue dress uniforms, they were all looking at me and smiling like angels and the anesthesiologist was there by my side and he smiled and said something like yes we do have a lot of women here dont we, I looked around and noticed that this was a very big theater and extremely light/bright, ------ so the nurse puts this drip set up on my left hand ----- and then the anesthesiologist put his needle in back of right hand ----- then I sore him inject the fluid and it really burned too but that was it a second or two and lights out for me
The experience was for me a really nice one, they all made me feel very confident in putting my life in there hands, all the hospital staff were fantastic,
and So I finally wake up in the recovery room operation over, and as I opened up my eyes I have this extremely beautiful young lady nurse looking down at me ------ now at this point I really thought I may have died and gone to heaven
Take care Sally,
Rodney.
PS I bet you wish now that you never asked me how the hospital was
Sounds like a great experience......who would have thought it could be so easy. All i reember from my surgery last year was signing a myriad of disclaimers before leaving the hospital room and in the pre- op area ( took 45 mins to find an IV line and at that a pediatric needle). Now I have a permanent condition that requires rehab three time a week. Simple varicose vein stripping :-(.
Take care of yourself xx
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:25 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Beedubya...I asked OH yesterday and he said he had always promised he would take me home and he is happy to do it.

Trotty, sorry but I can't remember ... has your husband ever lived in England before?
Old Aug 8th 2011, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

DDL...He worked there before we married then came back and lived in Cheshire for 5 years but that was in the 70's. He does get a small pension from the UK.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 8:38 pm
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point

DDL...He worked there before we married then came back and lived in Cheshire for 5 years but that was in the 70's. He does get a small pension from the UK.

So he won't be a 'stranger' in a foreign land then.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I am copying this from another thread.

I recently moved back to the UK from Las vegas in the US, I had been there 34 yrs. I like you felt as if I just exsisted there, I had friends, but all I did was work, and alot of the time I felt quite lonely. I was really afraid I was going to miss the weather and the lifestyle etc. I have been back in the UK 3 months now, and the only thing I miss are my friends, and I keep in touch with them on Facebook, so they are not completely gone. If you feel the need to come home, be sure it really what you want, and then do it....Im glad I did..

Jackie..

I hope Jackie continues her posting now she is back in Las Vegas

Cheers
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I've spent too long reading about the riots today and some of the thoughts I've had may differ from the prevailing ones.

There was not too much said in the past when the banks were looting.

London is very prosperious for a lot of people with the rents and house prices high and continuing to rise. How do these people in Tottenham afford those prices to live there? I say tax those high income people in London and thats that.

These people in Tottenham, if thats were they are from, can't get work and if they could they could buy some of goods that were stolen so problem solved, you see something you what...help yourself to it.

I see the police in pictures watching what is taking place and not doing anything about it. Why should they? Remember the policeman that was on riot duty and he hit some who later died, well that policeman is now in jail.

Interesting. Now I'm going back to read the Daily Mail.

Cheers.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Wow Rodney, that sounds great. I had surgery last year and was left outside in a corridor for an hour on the stretcher waiting to go in. I was terrified and asked for something to calm me down, but they said no because my doctor wasn't there. So I just lay there in the corridor with people walking past and nobody paying me any attention. Ours is a very busy hospital and there are always people lying on stretchers in every corridor.
Sally,
That happened to my Mum 2 years ago, she fell down and broke her arm, she was taken to the hospital, she was then 90 years old and was forced to lay on this make shift bed in the corridor for 10 hours before a doctor even examined her, it was in the same town Pompey, but a different much more busier hospital, eventually Mum had enough of this bull shit and she stoped a doctor walking by and complained to high heaven, the doc just said OK sorry but we didn't have a bed to put you in in a ward ----- but let me see what I can do, 5 minutes later he got her into a bed in a ward and ---- OUT of the cold drafty corridor and she was quickly examined,

I would just like to say to everyone that I am not nieve enough to think that the NHS is perfect, not by a long shot ---- but I sure have been darn lucky since Ive been home this 8 months, cause I have got continues very good care since Ive been home ---- and I have had a lot of it too, but yes of course not everyone can report things being so good in the NHS, and your location in the U.K. can make the world of difference too, and what hospital you are treated at also,
Rodney.
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
I'm sure I had the experience in England of finding a pump where you could get water from the well by pushing the handle up and down.

On your hospital. I was thinking on my next trip I'll have to go to Bournemouth and tell them I have a hernia just in case I have one.
Cheers my friend not Bournmouth ---- Portsmouth, same place that trotty was at a few days ago ---- but where she was was Portsmouth (New) Hampshire, my town is in the (old) original Hampshire in England
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasper123...Loved your explanation of the process you went through in hospital sounded really good. Did you ask that pretty nurse for a date
trotty if only I was about 40 years younger, Hmmmm well I can dream cant I I have never before had the pleasure of waking up to something so beautiful Hmmmmm
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:08 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

I am copying this from another thread.

I recently moved back to the UK from Las vegas in the US, I had been there 34 yrs. I like you felt as if I just exsisted there, I had friends, but all I did was work, and alot of the time I felt quite lonely. I was really afraid I was going to miss the weather and the lifestyle etc. I have been back in the UK 3 months now, and the only thing I miss are my friends, and I keep in touch with them on Facebook, so they are not completely gone. If you feel the need to come home, be sure it really what you want, and then do it....Im glad I did..

Jackie..

I hope Jackie continues her posting now she is back in Las Vegas

Cheers
cheers, I checked 3 threads tonight and you were posting about Jackie in each one. Has something happened to make you think of her? Have we heard from her?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers, I checked 3 threads tonight and you were posting about Jackie in each one. Has something happened to make you think of her? Have we heard from her?
I can think of only two.

There is also the senility thing.
I haven't heard from Jackie and like the rest of us I would like to hear from her.
Cheers

Last edited by cheers; Aug 9th 2011 at 2:26 am.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:12 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking the same thing
I can think of only two.

There is also the senility thing.
I haven't heard from Jackie and like the rest of us I would like to hear from her.
Cheers
I was wondering if you were mad at her for something. But we can just go with the Old Timers thing if you like.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers....It might be that she doesnt have a computer back in the US. I know she was moving back in with her friend so it might take her some time to get back in the 'groove' She is probably running around getting everything back in place. When she left she must have taken steps to end her links here with all the Government agencies so that must be difficult getting it all back up again. Finding a job and healthcare is probably top of her list. I do hope its all falling back into place for her
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Taffy Duck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone I felt it was my duty to give everyone an update ...everything has gone according to plan and believe me there many i's to dot and t's to cross before we got to this stage. We leave from Toronto on Sun 14th Aug landing on the 15th. then off to Wales to start our new life can't wait. May I wish everyone on this thread all their wishes come true and I pass on to you all ....a pot full of Welsh Luck....

All the best ....cheers...Taffy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.