Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Jasper123....I agree with you I am way too tired and weary to worry about the small things. We have all posted on here and not got a reply just post again people will eventually help. There is so much help if you go to the 'Home' page and look around. Rodney belated birthday wishes to your Mum.

Beedubya is correct all this started rightly or wrongly due to the US Healthcare. We decided that UK healthcare was part of this forum because it related to those of us moving back. The moderators made a new thread for US Healthcare. Thats it.

I was so pleased to see the forum finally getting back to its old self so lets just move on. There is nothing wrong with chatting on here we talk about our struggles both in the UK and which ever part of the world we are living in. When it overwhelms the forum it just needs putting back on track. As Cheers said this forum was dying without our little everyday things included. We lost some good people on here lets not do that again. Please

Today my neighbour has the moving van at her house she moves out tomorrow. I am so upset by it. Why couldnt it have been us. The thoughts of another winter here really is a depressing thought. My OH who is a US person is quite happy he doesnt mind I think if it wasnt that I want to move he would stay. The weather has been awful lots of rain and bugs.

Charleygirl....Those two post were very interesting. Both sides of the issue I feel some people go back home with a view its going to be like it was when they left and thats not going to be its changed no matter where you live in the world.

I keep thinking about Jackie and how she was before she left Vegas and her healthcare. I worry that she has not given herself enough time in the UK. I wonder how she will get on when she returns to the US getting healthcare with an exsisting illness. I do hope she has looked into that. I wish she could go back and read all her post prior to leaving the US.

Beedubya...Glad you are feeling better. Please dont be put off by the little tiff on here. We need you.

Can I remind everyone that when we started this thread nothing was out of bounds we just didnt get into post after post about the same issue.

Just to remind everyone this was how it all began.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629454
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by I like tea
I was under the impression this site was to help and give assistance to genuine Ex pacs who wanted to return to the UK. It's so much easier to ask people who are actually there and who have first hand knowledge than get lost in reams of web sites and irrelivant information.

I did not expect someone to answer all of the questions but felt sure someone would be willing and able to supply one or two answers to my query. After all some of them were very simple and only needed an age either 60 or 65. I'm sure if I were in the UK and knew the answers I would only be too happy to help. Obviously that's not the case.

It's a pity this site seems to have been hi jacked by a few who seem intent on having a personal diagolue with each other and have forgotten what the site was orginally set up for.
I like tea has a point... a lot of the stuff on here lately should be on the chit chat thread. I was thinking the same thing myself. It's only fair to stay on topic in this thread where people are coming to get information.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshie82
Got my renewed British Passport back today. The move is now frighteningly, amazingly, wonderfully, real.
I'm assuming you had to have it renewed through Washington, DC. Is that right? Keep trying to find a way around that one.

When do you leave?
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
No .no ...not again...

<<holds head in hands >>
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
I like tea has a point... a lot of the stuff on here lately should be on the chit chat thread. I was thinking the same thing myself. It's only fair to stay on topic in this thread where people are coming to get information.
The problem is people go off topic all the time, it happens on most threads.

It would be nice if someone could actually define these so called rules, because I'm totally confused on what is off topic and on topic, it seems some people can post on this thread what ever they please while other posters have to stick to rules.

I'm with Rodney, if you dont like someones opinion then avoid them, its that simple.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I was so happy to come back to this thread the other day, felt like a breath of fresh air had happened, I agree with rod and fish, I just skip over posts I dont want to get involved in or cant help with. We are all "growed up now" are'nt we haha
Have a great day every one from very wet NH
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is simple. If it has to do with going back use Part II otherwise use chit chat.

Cheers
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Not again.........Define information. Does that mean we just pop in here to drop off a some link to pensions or whatever. Thats not what we 'all' started this thread as. We all came together to talk about our situations and how we got to were we were or are. From that people chimed in with their own situations and then we got to understand each other. Take Rodney for instance he was unsure whether to get his US Citizenship. We all encouraged him and he in turn encouraged us who were thinking about it. That would not have happened if this had been solely an information forum. To me understanding why someone wants to go home and how they made it is all part of this thread. Plus when you look at the silly chit chat forum there are many posts that would have been good in here.

So I am going back to how I use to post and if people dont like it then thats too bad. We got back on track a few days ago and then someone got bent out of shape and it all went down hill. Please dont spoil it again. It took months to get this thread back on track. If people are not sure follow the link I left and see how this thread began.

Old Jun 23rd 2011, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=trottytrue;9452511]Not again.........Define information. Does that
So I am going back to how I use to post and if people dont like it then thats too bad.
Hear! Hear Trottytrue - I for one totally agree - it was fine to begin with, now however I ,and I am sure many others, are confused, by it. Love Don
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dontheturner....Exactly people are confused so back to normal posting. The only reason this forum was split initially was because of US Healthcare. So lets leave it at that. Hows the weather and your garden.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 4:32 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It's all information, some is more useful some not so much. But just because it's not what someone is looking for at this moment in time doesn't mean it isn't useful or interesting to anyone.
If someone wants specifics, the search function here and google should be used first, followed by a new post if they can't find the exact help they need.

Oh and the weather is hot and dry here trotty, supposed to be 92 today, I will need to close up the shady side of the house soon.
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mummy....Its raining here has been for two days. Google is great for finding information. You can also go to Yahoo UK or Google UK....
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Dontheturner....Exactly people are confused so back to normal posting. The only reason this forum was split initially was because of US Healthcare. So lets leave it at that. Hows the weather and your garden.
Hi TT, As long as we don't have very heavy storms, the Potatoes, & Beans, will be fine - all are flowering right now, including the Toms in the greenhouse. Tim is doing fine with them all. I think she has Buddha, on her side. love Don
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Hi TT, As long as we don't have very heavy storms, the Potatoes, & Beans, will be fine - all are flowering right now, including the Toms in the greenhouse. Tim is doing fine with them all. I think she has Buddha, on her side. love Don
How long does it take to grow the potatoes and the beans? Can you stagger the plantings so they don't all come up at once?
Cheers,
The City Bloke
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Not again.........Define information. Does that mean we just pop in here to drop off a some link to pensions or whatever. Thats not what we 'all' started this thread as. We all came together to talk about our situations and how we got to were we were or are. From that people chimed in with their own situations and then we got to understand each other. Take Rodney for instance he was unsure whether to get his US Citizenship. We all encouraged him and he in turn encouraged us who were thinking about it. That would not have happened if this had been solely an information forum. To me understanding why someone wants to go home and how they made it is all part of this thread. Plus when you look at the silly chit chat forum there are many posts that would have been good in here.

So I am going back to how I use to post and if people dont like it then thats too bad. We got back on track a few days ago and then someone got bent out of shape and it all went down hill. Please dont spoil it again. It took months to get this thread back on track. If people are not sure follow the link I left and see how this thread began.

BRAVO trotty ---- say it like it is ---- Ha Ha Ha well the weather today in Pompey was dirty great big black clouds all day but it didn't rain
now get this ---- Sunday and Monday are going to be absolutely gorgeous smashing, BRILLIENT 26 and 27 degrees centigrade --- blue skies and constant sunshine Oh and my gardens looking darn good at the moment --- thanks to my 92 year young Mum who spends a lot of time working on it on the nice days, --- she loves her garden.
Rodney.

Last edited by jasper123; Jun 23rd 2011 at 10:35 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.