Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

6:25pm NY eve here and some friends just dropped off a very large bag of Herseys minature chocolates. Later we will have cheesecake and apple cider.

OK I have found a house for us all. Take a look see.

http://www.property.ie/property-for-...lkenny/564876/
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Windsong, Im really not sure if they have pop ups in he UK, real caravans seem safer and warmer to me, you can get teardrops in Uk now, someone started building them over there.
Go to www.ebay.co.uk/motors, and you can find loads, right up to Winnebagos (Sp) small ones are often Toyota or Volkswagon.with pop up roof-- i presume that is what you mean? - under ''motorhomes'' dontheturner.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by windsong
Isn't it strange how things happen, Jackie! Do you know I don't even know how to correctly pronounce Frome lol! I am looking at it on Google Earth. It's pretty. Since my half sister lives there, though, I may want to live in another village lol! She was always the source of trouble when she lived with us - I think she is 10 years older than me so not sure how much trouble she can get into now, though lol!

Relative or not, I have not seen her for 51 years and I haven't talked to her in 35 years and only a few emails since then, so I have to be honest, I really do not know her.

Her email message arrived today but it was dated December 11 - very strange!
Windsong, you pronounce it Froome. dontheturner
Old Jan 1st 2011, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Where in London do they gather to let the New Year in? Maybe I can find it on a live webcam except that was 60 minutes ago.
Piccadilly Circus - and they cordon off the Fountains! dontheturner
Old Jan 1st 2011, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Happy New Year, Between, and everyone else.

Good luck to you on your move to France. France is a beautiful country. As regards its government, I wish I knew more. I wonder if there is a site dedicated to Expats for France
Thank you, windsong!

There is a France thread--or perhaps several--on the British expats site....

Tina
Old Jan 1st 2011, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Windsong, If you want to see more engines:---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDOoF7Ney8g

dontheturner
lol! Thanks, Don. I was watching trains all morning lol!
Old Jan 1st 2011, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by between two worlds
Thank you, windsong!

There is a France thread--or perhaps several--on the British expats site....

Tina
Thanks, Tina. I might just have a look at those threads.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 7:38 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Ronnie Corbett funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39...layer_embedded
Old Jan 1st 2011, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute

Where in London do they gather to let the New Year in? Maybe I can find it on a live webcam except that was 60 minutes ago.
Originally Posted by Beedubya
Trafalgar Square maybe???
Originally Posted by dontheturner
Piccadilly Circus - and they cordon off the Fountains! dontheturner
People do still gather in Trafalgar Square, but the main area for the celebration is now by the London Eye which is where the fireworks are...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12101835
Old Jan 1st 2011, 8:36 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

6:25pm NY eve here and some friends just dropped off a very large bag of Herseys minature chocolates. Later we will have cheesecake and apple cider.

OK I have found a house for us all. Take a look see.

http://www.property.ie/property-for-...lkenny/564876/
House is too far for me to commute!!

Not being anti-American but those Hersheys chocolate kisses are like wax.....yuck!!

Cheers you should try pear cider, bloomin' luvly it is.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:35 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I watched the 'Location Location Location' New Year's Eve special. They were looking for houses for 3 couples who all served in the armed forces - one couple was looking in Shropshire and boy was it cheap! I had no idea that Yorkshire was so expensive until I saw what these people bought. They were somewhere near Shrewsbury and the scenery was lovely too.

Shame my family and friends are miles from there.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

HighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant futureHighTide has a brilliant future

Happy New Year to everyone! Mine not started off too brilliantly as the terrible colds that seem to be very prevalent in the UK right now caught up with me yesterday and today am feeling really lousy . I've got my Lemsip and Beecham's Powders and am bundled up with blankets and plan to rid myself of it by tomorrow. That's the plan anyway.....there is just too much to do to be sick.:curse:
On a brighter side Christmas was amazing with all the family with lots of silly games at the table after dinner followed by Killer Snooker and a table tennis contest. Some of the family dressed up in fancy dress last night to go out to the pubs. In Teignmouth it is traditional for people to dress up on New Years. Apparently there were some amazing costumes around.
We watched TV with the fireworks from the London Eye and we all agreed they were the most spectacular we had ever seen.
We are still in the process of trying to buy the property in Brixham. The ball is now back in the vendors hands and with the holidays we are not likely to hear back until Tuesday. We did the second viewing on a rainy dull day and stilled loved the place.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Ever so funny!!!
Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New year to all my lovely friends here!

High Tide, aw good luck with getting rid of the cold......and especially good luck with the purchase of the property!

May 2011 bring joy and happiness to everyone with dreams coming true!
Old Jan 1st 2011, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

25 days and counting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.