Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by dunroving
Did you click on the button that says "Save signature" after you made the changes? Try going back into My Profile ... Edit Signature to see if the changes were saved.
Yes, I did, Dunroving. I just saved it again now. Perhaps the moderator has to approve it.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:14 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Yes, I did, Dunroving. I just saved it again now. Perhaps the moderator has to approve it.
There it is!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

There it is!
This is weird, Dunroving. I still don't see any change lol!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

This is weird, Dunroving. I still don't see any change lol!
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone, heres hoping everyone has a happy, healthy, and prosperous year...

Jackie
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

You will never believe this! Do you all remember I said I have a half sister that I have not seen for 51 years, since I was seven years old? Well, we got back in touch 2-3 years ago and emailed a few times when we were both trying to research family history. Well, about 8 months ago she moved and has not written - until today. You will never believe where she lives!

FROME, SOMERSET!

I don't know her that well and I would never live with her. Even from memory, I know she would drive me nuts! Last time I even spoke to her on the phone was over 30 years ago, right before I came to the U.S.

I had to write and tell you where she is living because isn't that exactly where Rosie moved to - Frome, Somerset?
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

You will never believe this! Do you all remember I said I have a half sister that I have not seen for 51 years, since I was seven years old? Well, we got back in touch 2-3 years ago and emailed a few times when we were both trying to research family history. Well, about 8 months ago she moved and has not written - until today. You will never believe where she lives!

FROME, SOMERSET!

I don't know her that well and I would never live with her. Even from memory, I know she would drive me nuts! Last time I even spoke to her on the phone was over 30 years ago, right before I came to the U.S.

I had to write and tell you where she is living because isn't that exactly where Rosie moved to - Frome, Somerset?
I think its a sign Wind.. its where you are meant to go.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Did you click on the button that says "Save signature" after you made the changes? Try going back into My Profile ... Edit Signature to see if the changes were saved.
Just checking, I never meant to have capital letters, I don't normally shout at people, HAPPY NEW YEAR you lovely lot.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:49 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wawa
Good luck with your lottery tickets everyone, wherever you are. We have a big one tonight, CA$50 million...its got my name on it, I can feel it
Well I am in one with 30 other people, $31 million drawn on New Years Eve, so we all get $1 million each, that will do me, funny enough the phone hasn't rang yet to tell me where to collect my cheque...........
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:53 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tanto
Charleygirl,
You could buy the expat 'Safe House' - actually, you could buy several!!!
Happy New Year!!! I've got several hours to go..........
Great idea Tanto!!!

OK we should have a pledge, anybody wins the Lotto has to buy a safe house in the UK!!!!

On another note, it is almost 9am here on New Years Day and this decade feels no different......
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
I think its a sign Wind.. its where you are meant to go.
Just thinking about this, ldy, I don't think so. More somewhere to stay away from, I think. My half sister, according to my mother, always meant "trouble". I am quiet natured and lead an orderly life. I don't think this would work

However, it is nice to know there is another one of the family out there somewhere.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Great idea Tanto!!!

OK we should have a pledge, anybody wins the Lotto has to buy a safe house in the UK!!!!

On another note, it is almost 9am here on New Years Day and this decade feels no different......
Well, if it doesn't feel any different, I will remind you that you are leaving there in how many days?????
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:57 pm
Home Sweet Home

FROME, SOMERSET!

Oh this is freaky Wind!!!!!

YES Rosie lives in Frome now and that is where I lived up until I came back to Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weird thing is I had never even heard of the place until I applied for the job there, it is just a little market town......................and now it is popping up all over the place!!

Well then Frome is going to be on your list of places to visit now.....
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh this is freaky Wind!!!!!

YES Rosie lives in Frome now and that is where I lived up until I came back to Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weird thing is I had never even heard of the place until I applied for the job there, it is just a little market town......................and now it is popping up all over the place!!

Well then Frome is going to be on your list of places to visit now.....
Isn't it strange how things happen, Jackie! Do you know I don't even know how to correctly pronounce Frome lol! I am looking at it on Google Earth. It's pretty. Since my half sister lives there, though, I may want to live in another village lol! She was always the source of trouble when she lived with us - I think she is 10 years older than me so not sure how much trouble she can get into now, though lol!

Relative or not, I have not seen her for 51 years and I haven't talked to her in 35 years and only a few emails since then, so I have to be honest, I really do not know her.

Her email message arrived today but it was dated December 11 - very strange!
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:09 pm
Home Sweet Home

Isn't it strange how things happen, Jackie! Do you know I don't even know how to correctly pronounce Frome lol! I am looking at it on Google Earth. It's pretty. Since my half sister lives there, though, I may want to live in another village lol! She was always the source of trouble when she lived with us - I think she is 10 years older than me so not sure how much trouble she can get into now, though lol!

Relative or not, I have not seen her for 51 years and I haven't talked to her in 35 years and only a few emails since then, so I have to be honest, I really do not know her.

Her email message arrived today but it was dated December 11 - very strange!
FrOOm as in broom or room........

You can go again now and check out Rosie's or my pics on Flickr, knowing this is where your (half) sister lives.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

FrOOm as in broom or room........

You can go again now and check out Rosie's or my pics on Flickr, knowing this is where your (half) sister lives.
lol! That's right. I was thinking of doing just that

Gosh, I am waiting patiently for Coronation St to be uploaded to YouTube. Can't stand the suspense lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.