Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by cheers
Both of those places ring a bell with me. Wish I could remember them.
Well Cheddar.....as in cheese...lol..
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Wow, they really don't want people escaping without coughing up do they?

So we're stuck filing for the rest of our lives, huh? How's that song go? ... "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free." I wonder if he considered adding the lines ".... unless I decide to move to another country in which case I will be tethered for the rest of my life, tied and bound like a kidnapping victim." Probably wouldn't have fit with the beat.

Good job!
That's why the IRS implanted themselves like a sore thumb in the British Embassy in London.

This world is becoming FAR too small a world these days.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
Well Cheddar.....as in cheese...lol..
No No I remember being in that place.

(after thought, my name is not Mickey as in Mouse)
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Both of those places ring a bell with me. Wish I could remember them.
Cheers - They are fairly close to Bristol which is close to the southern Welsh border.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

No No I remember being in that place.

(after thought, my name is not Mickey as in Mouse)
I know, just trying to be funny, obviously failed miserably...
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

lol! Poor Idy
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

I am sure they have something similar to that. I bet Don knows of something.
(Dontherunner) he always seems to know where to find things..

Jackie
Jackie, and Windsong- What you need to do, is discover if the place you are settling, has a monthly Household Auction. Most counties have one. go on ''viewing day'' look at what you fancy, memorise the ''lot number'' decide what you can afford to get, Go and book in, on the day, Show them your cash, or card details, and then sit , till your interest item, comes up, and make your bid, starting low, and STOPPING before it gets to expensive. that is the way to go, for all sorts of things- inside or outside your home. Type in Household Auctions Shropshire,UK, and have a look, at the first few to come up - do expand their info, and see what is for sale next month - I wish, I was there, lovely round table and four chairs- ideal for the dining room. Remember, there is VAT @20% to pay too. dontheturner
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Jackie, and Windsong- What you need to do, is discover if the place you are settling, has a monthly Household Auction. Most counties have one. go on ''viewing day'' look at what you fancy, memorise the ''lot number'' decide what you can afford to get, Go and book in, on the day, Show them your cash, or card details, and then sit , till your interest item, comes up, and make your bid, starting low, and STOPPING before it gets to expensive. that is the way to go, for all sorts of things- inside or outside your home. Type in Household Auctions Shropshire,UK, and have a look, at the first few to come up - do expand their info, and see what is for sale next month - I wish, I was there, lovely round table and four chairs- ideal for the dining room. Remember, there is VAT @20% to pay too. dontheturner
VAT is TWENTY percent????? It was 6% when I left. WOW!

I will go to Google and type that in Don and see what I get.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for the report from our reporter who left early this morning for Frome. She should be back by now.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dontheturner
See, told you Don would know Wind..
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

I know that! I'm just concentrating on Wells and Cheddar. To find them on the map is easy because I just go to Rightmove. Sorry
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

So only liberals are honest???
Holy Shit........Whoa........get a grip......you were the only person who made that insane insinuation......I think there are honest (and dishonest) people in the circle of life (sorry folks......I was at a live Elton John concert a couple of weeks ago). I have wonderful honest friends in every political party and in every walk of life........
Jeez....Chill.....
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

See, told you Don would know Wind..
lol! Yep! You were right
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Celtic - Is that where you are from originally?
Bred and born Belfast until 28 years of age
Old Dec 7th 2010, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Celticspirit
Bred and born Belfast until 28 years of age
Ahh! Okay. Ireland is lovely. I've been to Eire but not N. Ireland. I bet it is just as green and lush, though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.