My trip so far

Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My trip so far

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
It's a very long story M, but in a nutshell, my son and I have never truly settled. OH has made promises he's not kept, time went by and circumstances 'kept' us here. Son has now graduated from uni and is considering doing a Masters degree. He still says he wants to go 'home', but he has a long term girlfriend (been together 4 years next month) and that brings it's own problems into the mix. OH loves his work and is a true workaholic and I have slowly but surely become a shadow of the person I used to be. I never wanted to return alone, we always agreed we'd do this together, but my health is seriously suffering so I am now considering my options.
St. Georges Girl,
So sorry to hear that things are so hard for you. It's a shame that your son's and husband's situations are a detriment to you and your health. Life is never fair, is it...........I wish you all the best, and hope that some type of happy resolution can be found by you and your family...(((hugs)))
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:16 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
St. Georges Girl,
So sorry to hear that things are so hard for you. It's a shame that your son's and husband's situations are a detriment to you and your health. Life is never fair, is it...........I wish you all the best, and hope that some type of happy resolution can be found by you and your family...(((hugs)))
Aaww, thanks for that. It's being here for so long that has been the detriment to my health and being giving goals then having them taken away by empty, meaningless promises.

Last edited by St.Georges Girl; Oct 9th 2008 at 4:25 am.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Aaww, thanks for that. It's being here for so long that has been the detriment to my health and being giving goals then having them taken away by empty, meaningless promises.
G, I don't know how you handle the resentment. You're better than me, it would have eaten me up by now (I can't resent my kids for my situation, because they are the innocent parties).

I totally know where you are coming from re not going back for a holiday. I struggle to settle back in for months when I come back. Thankfully since I've been on the happy pills (and am super busy with work and uni) life is on a much more even keel.

Do you think you would go back without OH if you get desperate?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:10 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
G, I don't know how you handle the resentment. You're better than me, it would have eaten me up by now (I can't resent my kids for my situation, because they are the innocent parties).

I totally know where you are coming from re not going back for a holiday. I struggle to settle back in for months when I come back. Thankfully since I've been on the happy pills (and am super busy with work and uni) life is on a much more even keel.

Do you think you would go back without OH if you get desperate?
I believe I would yes. I have thought about it for quite some time now and finally told him a few months back that I will be going home, with or without him. Now whether he took me seriously is another matter, but I think he did. He went away again (for work) shortly after I had said that to him and, when he came back after 2 weeks, he actually said that we will go home together and explained why it couldn't be this year. I see his reasoning, but I wonder if there will always be a 'reason'.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I believe I would yes. I have thought about it for quite some time now and finally told him a few months back that I will be going home, with or without him. Now whether he took me seriously is another matter, but I think he did. He went away again (for work) shortly after I had said that to him and, when he came back after 2 weeks, he actually said that we will go home together and explained why it couldn't be this year. I see his reasoning, but I wonder if there will always be a 'reason'.
The problem is they never believe you until you actually do it. My ex husband said this to me after I left him LOL!!!

Maybe you could set a deadline, that you are going back by Xmas 2009 or something, with or without him!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:18 am
'In limboland'

The problem is they never believe you until you actually do it. My ex husband said this to me after I left him LOL!!!

Maybe you could set a deadline, that you are going back by Xmas 2009 or something, with or without him!
That's exactly what I have done this time. I told him that I will get Mollycat inoculated and chipped etc. next May with full intentions of going home in November 2009. I have no idea what our son will do, but of course I am praying that he'll come too. My OH has a contract he has to see through which ends, hopefully, in June 09.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

That's exactly what I have done this time. I told him that I will get Mollycat inoculated and chipped etc. next May with full intentions of going home in November 2009. I have no idea what our son will do, but of course I am praying that he'll come too. My OH has a contract he has to see through which ends, hopefully, in June 09.
Well done girl The end is in sight for you then.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 9:17 am
'In limboland'

Well done girl The end is in sight for you then.
Oh I do hope so F.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

That sounds promising St Georges girl,hope it all pans out for you well.

I thank god daily that me and my wife wanted the same thing when we decided that we didn't like this place, and our daughter's only 3 anyway,she'll cope ( I hope!!).
It's good you have something to focus on and a date to think about.

P.S.Do you want to buy my house it's complete now and the best house in Brisbane??
Old Oct 11th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I do hope so F.
So do I SG - you can't carry on like this girl (and nor should you have to)

Sending hugs hun x
Old Oct 12th 2008, 1:26 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by maka paka
That sounds promising St Georges girl,hope it all pans out for you well.

I thank god daily that me and my wife wanted the same thing when we decided that we didn't like this place, and our daughter's only 3 anyway,she'll cope ( I hope!!).
It's good you have something to focus on and a date to think about.

P.S.Do you want to buy my house it's complete now and the best house in Brisbane??
Haha, put it in your classifieds on here. Your daughter will be fine, she's far too young to really know what country she is in and think of how magical Xmas will be for her back home. Will you be home for Xmas this year?

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
So do I SG - you can't carry on like this girl (and nor should you have to)

Sending hugs hun x
Ta sweetie.x
Old Oct 12th 2008, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

Haha, put it in your classifieds on here. Your daughter will be fine, she's far too young to really know what country she is in and think of how magical Xmas will be for her back home. Will you be home for Xmas this year?

Ta sweetie.x
Yip,
We are flying home on the 13 Nov, staying with my mum and dad which will be challenging for me and the breadknife but our daughter will love it and so will they.
I think it will be the best Christmas I will have to be honest.

Hope your plans stay on track and you get back ASAP,if your anything like me then you will be absolutely gagging to get out of this place.

Good Luck St Georges girl.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:38 am
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by maka paka
Yip,
We are flying home on the 13 Nov, staying with my mum and dad which will be challenging for me and the breadknife but our daughter will love it and so will they.
I think it will be the best Christmas I will have to be honest.

Hope your plans stay on track and you get back ASAP,if your anything like me then you will be absolutely gagging to get out of this place.

Good Luck St Georges girl.
Hmm, as much as you love your family, it's not always a good idea to stay with them for too long, so I hope you get a home of your own sorted quickly.

I have my bad days and my not quite so bad days, but I suppose I've just become used to it now. I still get a little nervous when I think about all the upheaval again, but I'm far from happy here so I know it's the right thing for me, just got to hope it will be for OH and son.

Good luck to you.