My trip so far

Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default My trip so far

Ariived in Blighty, met by Mum and sister. Played the compulsory 'where did I park the car' game with my sister

Driving to Bucks was great, a beautiful sunset over the fields. Went walking in the morning with my sister's dog over the estate they live on, listening to the birds and watching the deer and squirrel. Felt really good to be back. Arrived in Somt yesterday and had a great drive down, the weather was hot, we had the a/c on!

Today is cloudier but dry, went for a 2hr bike ride through the lanes and on some main roads. The drivers were ultra curteous compared to the Oz rednecks. Found myself in Cheddar so I rode up the Gorge and acroos the top and dropped down into my own town. Luvverly. Off to Tescos in a minute

Everthing is exactly as it was last time, great. I'll take my camera on my next ride and post some shots.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 10:51 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My trip so far

Glad you're having a wonderful time so far. Hope it continues
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:28 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

were are the pictures LOL must mean you are having a brill time not to have posted any yet
Old Sep 26th 2008, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
were are the pictures LOL must mean you are having a brill time not to have posted any yet
Well I went for an ultra hilly 3hr sufferfest yesterday and didn't want the extra weight. Tomorrow I'm out with a fast local group from the bike shop so I won't have a chance, Sunday will be a recovery ride, so I'll take some then.

Today is a rest day

Having a brilliant time, went fishing with my Dad on a lovely local lake. That brought back some memories
Old Sep 27th 2008, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My trip so far

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Well I went for an ultra hilly 3hr sufferfest yesterday and didn't want the extra weight. Tomorrow I'm out with a fast local group from the bike shop so I won't have a chance, Sunday will be a recovery ride, so I'll take some then.

Today is a rest day

Having a brilliant time, went fishing with my Dad on a lovely local lake. That brought back some memories
Hey i was wondering how you were getting on..I have been away managing motels for the past week so didn't have time to get on the expat site.

Pleased to hear that you are having such a great time oh memories aye.....Looking forward to some pics soon.....
Old Sep 28th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Today is a rest day

Whats the cycling like there Tr1boy? I've always thought it would be a bit too dangerous over there. I was going to flog my bike over here before going.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by manc1
Whats the cycling like there Tr1boy? I've always thought it would be a bit too dangerous over there. I was going to flog my bike over here before going.
You can't even compare. The drivers here are very curteous compared to Oz. Of course my colleagues on my UK Tri forum don't think so as they don't have any comparison, to them, Britain's drivers are the most inconsiderate homocidal maniacs ever to walk/drive the earth. The ones that have been to Oz say they couldn't wait to get back to Britain to cycle because they didn't feel safe at all. Even London is way safer to cycle in than Sydney and London has 3 times the population!

Admittedly I'm in Somerset at the moment, so not exactly metropolis central, but the roads are narrow, and cars parked on the street and the drivers are still very respectful. Some of them even waited for me! And if you wave one through climbing a hill they'll toot in appreciation rather than throw a beer bottle at you

Road surfaces I've found are very good. Very little 'dead road' and rolling resistance is at a minimum. The hills around my way aren't as long as I'm used to but way steeper.

Cyclists everywhere here, all types, roadies, mtbers, commuters and lots of recreational cyclists, always a good sign of safe roads. I love the fact I can go for a ride in the middle of the day if I want and not have to worry about heat/cars.

I'm loving it

Unfortunately I must have my position a bit wrong on the bike I've borrowed and it's alloy as opposed to my Ti and carbon bikes in Oz, and my back has been very panful since Saturday's ride. So no ride on Sunday and now the weather has trurned a bit craptacular (first rain in the 10 days I've been here though), so no piccies yet

Last edited by Tr1boy; Sep 30th 2008 at 8:51 am.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

He He ,
It always makes me feel good to see that someone is enjoying being back in the UK.

Glad your having a great time Tr1boy.

Just goes to show you can do just about anything in Britain that you can do in Australia.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Heard the weather has been nice in UK too.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Tr1boy;6832266]
go for a ride in the middle of the day if I want and not have to worry about heat/cars.

Your spot on about the heat, if I don't get a ride early in the morning I don't bother cos it gets too hot. I'll definitely take the bike over then.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

OK here's one for the shopaholics. Mum and I went to the new (only opened last Thurs) Cabots Circus in Bristol, loads of nice shops including Harvey Nicholls and House of Fraser, T.M Lewin etc. Didn't buy anything as nothing realy grabbed me. Parking was £5!

Yesterday we went to the Swindon Designer Outlet Ctr which I'd been to on my last two trips. Had a better day there. Bought two pairs of jeans, Levi 501 and 506 and got the pair for £60 Bought a new merino t-shirt type of thing from M&S, reduced from £25 down to £12.50. I usually wear fairly upmarket shirts so I get my formal ones either tailored in Sydney from my suit tailor or I buy from Charles Twyrhit or Thomas Pink (both of which are at Swindon) but I needed some casual collared shirts for wearing with jeans so a very helpful lady fom Lithuania helped me in the Van Huesen shop, where all shirts were BOGOF yesterday, so I eneded up with two very nice shirts (collarless are back in btw) for £30 and a £10 discount voucher for next time, which I'll give to my sister.

Oh and I bought my boss a nice candle set from Yankee Candle as she is very nice to me

Parking was free if you spend over £100 as we did, but the lady didn't want to see te eceipts she just gave us a free exit ticket. Parking would have been £1.

I'm not going crazy this trip as my shape is changing, because I've lost 10kgs in 3mths and am still going. Major shopping will be done on our US Xmas trip though

My sister has put me onto another outlet village near her house called Bicester Village. They have Church's shoes which I like so I may not have to go to London after all Going there on Sunday, before flying back to Oz

One thing I wanted to buy was a really nice English quality umbrella. Any brand suggestions?
Old Oct 1st 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Bicester village is pretty good from what I remember, can't remember if there is a Church's outlet (I come from Northampton though - the home of Church's!) I do remember that they had an LK Bennett - my personal fave!

Happy shopping! (oh, how I miss it! )
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My trip so far

OK here's one for the shopaholics. Mum and I went to the new (only opened last Thurs) Cabots Circus in Bristol, loads of nice shops including Harvey Nicholls and House of Fraser, T.M Lewin etc. Didn't buy anything as nothing realy grabbed me. Parking was £5!

Yesterday we went to the Swindon Designer Outlet Ctr which I'd been to on my last two trips. Had a better day there. Bought two pairs of jeans, Levi 501 and 506 and got the pair for £60 Bought a new merino t-shirt type of thing from M&S, reduced from £25 down to £12.50. I usually wear fairly upmarket shirts so I get my formal ones either tailored in Sydney from my suit tailor or I buy from Charles Twyrhit or Thomas Pink (both of which are at Swindon) but I needed some casual collared shirts for wearing with jeans so a very helpful lady fom Lithuania helped me in the Van Huesen shop, where all shirts were BOGOF yesterday, so I eneded up with two very nice shirts (collarless are back in btw) for £30 and a £10 discount voucher for next time, which I'll give to my sister.

Oh and I bought my boss a nice candle set from Yankee Candle as she is very nice to me

Parking was free if you spend over £100 as we did, but the lady didn't want to see te eceipts she just gave us a free exit ticket. Parking would have been £1.

I'm not going crazy this trip as my shape is changing, because I've lost 10kgs in 3mths and am still going. Major shopping will be done on our US Xmas trip though

My sister has put me onto another outlet village near her house called Bicester Village. They have Church's shoes which I like so I may not have to go to London after all Going there on Sunday, before flying back to Oz

One thing I wanted to buy was a really nice English quality umbrella. Any brand suggestions?
Hey there sorri no recomendations for a brolly from me but im pleased to hear you are having a great time and getting some bargains as well.....Have a great trip back.
Cheers
Cally
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Briggs are supposed to be good brollies. I dont know because I havent had one but DH had one during his sartorial elegance years. (I asked for his input on this important question!) He was partial to SAB http://www.swaineadeney.co.uk/products/brigg_umbrellas/
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 4:30 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Ariived in Blighty, met by Mum and sister. Played the compulsory 'where did I park the car' game with my sister

Driving to Bucks was great, a beautiful sunset over the fields. Went walking in the morning with my sister's dog over the estate they live on, listening to the birds and watching the deer and squirrel. Felt really good to be back. Arrived in Somt yesterday and had a great drive down, the weather was hot, we had the a/c on!

Today is cloudier but dry, went for a 2hr bike ride through the lanes and on some main roads. The drivers were ultra curteous compared to the Oz rednecks. Found myself in Cheddar so I rode up the Gorge and acroos the top and dropped down into my own town. Luvverly. Off to Tescos in a minute

Everthing is exactly as it was last time, great. I'll take my camera on my next ride and post some shots.
Haven't been in here as much as I used to so didn't know you were in the UK, you lucky sod. Pleased to hear you're enjoying it there.

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Bicester village is pretty good from what I remember, can't remember if there is a Church's outlet (I come from Northampton though - the home of Church's!) I do remember that they had an LK Bennett - my personal fave!

Happy shopping! (oh, how I miss it! )
Where abouts in Northants are you from 3?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.