Moving back from Australia

Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:12 am
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving back from Australia

Originally Posted by LouiseD
Completely agree with you here. We always said if we don't try it we'll never know - don't want to have any regrets when we get old etc.etc.etc. Now we have one huge regret - getting on that plane to Oz one year ago.

While Australia is a lovely country and has some great weather and nice scenery, living here is just so different to how we imagined it to be. We came here full of enthusiasm with absolutely no intentions of ever returning to Boring Britain. I've just returned here from visiting home at Christmas and how fantastic it all was. The one thing that I have learned from this experience is to appreciate my country.

I truly hope that all those coming over full of hope don't have their dreams shattered as we did.
I'd love to take a trip back to the UK but I know I'd never come back for hubby and the kids.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Completely agree with you here. We always said if we don't try it we'll never know - don't want to have any regrets when we get old etc.etc.etc. Now we have one huge regret - getting on that plane to Oz one year ago.

While Australia is a lovely country and has some great weather and nice scenery, living here is just so different to how we imagined it to be. We came here full of enthusiasm with absolutely no intentions of ever returning to Boring Britain. I've just returned here from visiting home at Christmas and how fantastic it all was. The one thing that I have learned from this experience is to appreciate my country.

I truly hope that all those coming over full of hope don't have their dreams shattered as we did.
Hi Louise, I hope you had a great time with your daughters.

We are in the same mind as yourself but because we bought a house we have stuffed it for going by the end of this year. I like you appreciate my own country so much more.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:29 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blowfly

We are in the same mind as yourself but because we bought a house we have stuffed it for going by the end of this year. I like you appreciate my own country so much more.
I have become so much more patriotic since living here. I know that moving half way round the world has definitely helped us to appreciate what we had and, what we still have back home. That is, family and true friends and a real sense of belonging.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

THEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud ofTHEGREATIDIOT has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I have become so much more patriotic since living here. I know that moving half way round the world has definitely helped us to appreciate what we had and, what we still have back home. That is, family and true friends and a real sense of belonging.
Yup, I never even really thought about being "British" while I lived there. 100% more patriotic now.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 1:28 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi blowfly - had a brill time thanks. Despite the awful weather we had a ball together - went to country pubs for lunch, out for girlie shopping trips, went to great curry places with friends. What really hit me was the space - so many green fields and open spaces within such a short driving distance. Oh and choice in the shops too, and good TV for when we were just to knackered to do anything but slob out!!. It also hit me too how nice people were without being false - even though all the shops were so busy on Christmas Eve, absolutely every shop assistant was so pleasant and courteous. Same again during the Jan sales.

Funny how it takes living away for a while to make you appreciate the things that you grew up with. Came back the other day and it is nice to get back to the sunshine, blue skies and palm trees, but I know now where my heart is, and it isn't here.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Hi blowfly - had a brill time thanks. Despite the awful weather we had a ball together - went to country pubs for lunch, out for girlie shopping trips, went to great curry places with friends. What really hit me was the space - so many green fields and open spaces within such a short driving distance. Oh and choice in the shops too, and good TV for when we were just to knackered to do anything but slob out!!. It also hit me too how nice people were without being false - even though all the shops were so busy on Christmas Eve, absolutely every shop assistant was so pleasant and courteous. Same again during the Jan sales.

Funny how it takes living away for a while to make you appreciate the things that you grew up with. Came back the other day and it is nice to get back to the sunshine, blue skies and palm trees, but I know now where my heart is, and it isn't here.
I am really glad you enjoyed it. I know what you mean about the weather abit of blue can do wonders even if it's cold. I don't belong here either but I am always happy for people that can find a nichesomewhere that makes them happy.

You will be going home soon then ?
Old Jan 14th 2007, 9:48 am
Life is more than a dream

LouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseD has a reputation beyond repute

I am really glad you enjoyed it. I know what you mean about the weather abit of blue can do wonders even if it's cold. I don't belong here either but I am always happy for people that can find a nichesomewhere that makes them happy.

You will be going home soon then ?
Next few weeks hopefully - got to give notice at work, organise removals, flights, flights for doggies etc. Then that's it - home we go!!
Old Jan 14th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Next few weeks hopefully - got to give notice at work, organise removals, flights, flights for doggies etc. Then that's it - home we go!!
keep us posted, I hope it all goes smoothly
Old Jan 15th 2007, 12:34 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

OMG how I envy you. Oneday I am sure it will be my turn. Where exactly is home for you Louise?