Main reason for moving back?

Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

beatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to all
Default Re: Main reason for moving back?

Nothing can ever prepare you for the feeling of leaving your friends and family. Positively it makes you realise how much you love them and what they mean to you.

I felt this acutely when I first moved here, now that feeling has subsided but realisitically it is still there only not as severe.

If you stay here you have to accept that your family will only be a voice or picture on a webcam and it is not the same. They will not see your children grow up.

Australia has lots of great things, I like living here. It is pleasant apart from 40 degrees in summer!

Make your move wisely, what is important to you?
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
If i thought my old age was going to be spent here i would hang myself come 65!!!
RSL clubs, bingo, pokie machines and bowling clubs
Oh Flea, please, not the bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Emma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond reputeEmma M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Just wondering what is the main reason for people moving back to UK from Aus, is it down to missing family, not earning enough, disliking Australia or what?
We're heading off to Aus sometime in next 2 years and at times I do wonder what we're giving up and the risks involved, but have an itch that I must scratch.
Please give us some pointers to potential pitfalls
I'm not in Aus, Im in the US. My main reason for wanting to go back to the UK is I'm missing fish n chips. And the rain. And public transport. I also miss the pound, the sheer relief of a nice sunny day, like you worked for it and earned it because of the other 14 days of grey miserable weather you just came through. People who get what I'm talking about, decent TV, people who don't care what religion you are, no great pressure to have the biggest and best of everything to show off with, common sense, and decent bread.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

If i thought my old age was going to be spent here i would hang myself come 65!!!
Flea, you would hang on until your 65
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

marcelle38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by quoll
Aw thanks!!!! I cry when I get on the train leaving Cambridge (so if you ever happen to meet a middle aged lady bawling her eyes out on the 8.56 from Cambridge to Liverpool St that will probably be me). Believe me I have thought of a one way ticket but the DH is the love of my life and I cope by controlling my thinking (thank goodness for CBT and ACT!) except for the times on here when I let rip (sorry chaps but you did ask!). Most of the time I am OK and, believe it or not, I feel heaps better now that I have found this board because here I can say what I really feel and dont harbour those thoughts that I must be nuts because I dont like living in "paradise". A periodic vent is good for my soul!
quoll, I think like myself you dont realize that alot of these changes are in the uk now also, I live in the usa and it sounds the same as oz, but alot of my friends say the uk is very politically correct etc...things have changed alot.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Blo-dy hell Fleaty your "lucky" over East, try Perth, I think we have two RSL clubs in the metro area, not many Bingo places and no Pokie machines....what I am losing it? (more than likely) if I thought that would be my "old" age "joys".... well just put me out of my misery now!!! ditto everything said about "home" ........moving countries seems to work for some and not for others....I suppose you never know until you try...but if I had my time again "the old hindsight" thing....I would definately weigh up ALL the pro's and con's.....we were VERY niave when I think about it...."you live and learn"...well how come I am not "a wise old bird" now then?
Jackie in Perth who has a shocking cold but still looking forward to the rain this weekend....now how sad is that!!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emma M
I'm not in Aus, Im in the US. My main reason for wanting to go back to the UK is I'm missing fish n chips. And the rain. And public transport. I also miss the pound, the sheer relief of a nice sunny day, like you worked for it and earned it because of the other 14 days of grey miserable weather you just came through. People who get what I'm talking about, decent TV, people who don't care what religion you are, no great pressure to have the biggest and best of everything to show off with, common sense, and decent bread.
Sounds like Aus though as a lot of things you mentioned are the same here.....like you say one sunny day....we have loads here and it just is not the same...nice after our "winter" (huh) but after months and months of it....nope certainly not the same.....
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by beatle
Nothing can ever prepare you for the feeling of leaving your friends and family. Positively it makes you realise how much you love them and what they mean to you.
Make your move wisely, what is important to you?
I agree with the 'home' feelings, I miss my family, whats left of it, but found I was missing my In-laws more (OMG!! I cant believe I said that! )

I cried when I left my house and garden, I wondered what the hell I'd done when I left my friends, I dont have many, so the ones I do have are REALLY good If I could have changed my mind back then I would have, like a shot, but the decision was made - and it was me that pushed for the move.

BUT, saying that, we've had some good days here, an awful lot of bad luck too, and we've seen some amazing sights (a wrinkled 50yr old with brown leathery skin wearing a thong - no I dont mean flip flops - being one of them ) But I've had enough of the holiday, the bloody awful sausages and the sun. I suffer from SAD and I'm going back to a country where I know I'll be on prozac for the rest of my life during winter. But you know what? Rose tinted binoc-leeyurs and all, I'm really looking forward to it. I may even be hard pressed not to hug the first hoodie I meet too! First I'm going to have a trolley dash round sainsburys, have a sausage roll from Greggs (not made from beef or beef&lamb - I love lamb, but in a sausage roll?), an Indian takeaway, and buy loads of underwear from M&S, all in the first day!!!

Sorry, I'll go for a lie down now...
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Just wondering what is the main reason for people moving back to UK from Aus, is it down to missing family, not earning enough, disliking Australia or what?
We're heading off to Aus sometime in next 2 years and at times I do wonder what we're giving up and the risks involved, but have an itch that I must scratch.
Please give us some pointers to potential pitfalls
Our main reason is...we had a much better life-style in UK, so whats the point of taking 2nd best.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:33 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

MAJOR RANT WARNING.
I'm moving and it's increasingly looking like just outside London or Paris.
My reason is, I got told a load of sh!te about Perth/Australia.
Are the majority of people stupid/brainwashed or just trying to convince themselves this is paradise? Even now, on the other boards they are trying to convince people to come here (Perth). Is it human nature to make others suffer if you are?
I get paid less as I was moving to a lower position to "de-stress", I'm more stressed here than back in UK as the standard of competence is lower and I'm doing a higher level than what I'm supposed 'cos they just haven't got "it".
I never expected it to be like the UK but never expected such a difference.
I have a lower standard of living here, the houses are sh!te (so ****ing what if you've got a pool!), the food shopping is crap, the whole place is 20 years behind the rest of the world.
Perth is full of social/cultural retards with no international awareness (not just Aussie's but Brits as well), as someone mentioned it's like the last day of a holiday except the holiday is at Butlins and full of chav's and imported red-neck hill billys.
When telling people I'm leaving, they're saying the UK is a sh!t hole, why would you want to go back, it's a dump, it's "beautiful" here.....well, excuse me, I didn't come from a drug ridden council estate, I had a high standard of living and just fancied a change, makes you wonder who they're trying to convince...myself or their selves?
And if any "rose-tints" come on to retort, check my other posts, I have lived/worked in many different places, some even considered 3rd world compared to here and found them more socially/culturally and internationally aware.
Australia is the planets bottom and Perth is it's rectum.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcelle38
quoll, I think like myself you dont realize that alot of these changes are in the uk now also, I live in the usa and it sounds the same as oz, but alot of my friends say the uk is very politically correct etc...things have changed alot.
No I am under no illusions about what UK has become - I go home every year and my mum tells me and I also get the gen from DS who has been in the heart of things for a while. The PC stuff here is different - much more ingrained but that could be because I live in Canberra where, if you dont acknowledge the traditional owners before every tin pot meeting you attend, you get your knuckles rapped! No one has the b*lls to speak out about the PC stuff going on.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

So i'm a retard living in a Rectum
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
So i'm a retard living in a Rectum
No, I'd say you're more like a chav at Butlins!!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jumbo_Celcius
No, I'd say you're more like a chav at Butlins!!
God, don't know whats worse...looks like i've no hope, pass the rope
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
God, don't know whats worse...looks like i've no hope, pass the rope
Marge: It's eerily beautiful, but are you sure this is safe?
Homer: Of course not. But you know something? Sometimes you have to break the rules to free your heart.
Marge: You got that from a movie poster.
Homer: Well, when there's nothing left to believe in, believe in hope.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.