Location, location, location

Old Jun 26th 2011, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location, location, location

Originally Posted by aries
Very helpful information. My house will be ready for sale soon, and I still haven't decided where I will live in England. I will not have a car, so driving around looking at places will be out of the question. Nevertheless, English towns are not too spacious to cope, different to Adelaide which sprawls 90 km by 20 km.
We are staying in Tunbridge Wells for four nights in the middle of July. We usually stay at the Travelodge on Mount Ephraim which can have reasonable rooms at around 20 - 25 pounds a night (for a family room) if you plan ahead non-refundable.

Location is nice above the large park/green, about ten minutes walk from the action and some good reasonable places to eat or maybe enjoy a pint. So if you are on the property hunt it is well-located.

We use the public library for internet connection and there is an express laundry so the hotel plus these items makes T-Wells a good base, particularly when transiting Gatwick and parts of East Kent (Canterbury 1h 25m) through Tonbridge and at the same time having fast access to Charing Cross in London.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coastieexpat
Thought you chaps may be interested in this site,

Home Consumer Pricing Information

http://www.whatprice.co.uk/household/
Deezs are old prices?
Old Jun 26th 2011, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
We are staying in Tunbridge Wells for four nights in the middle of July. We usually stay at the Travelodge on Mount Ephraim which can have reasonable rooms at around 20 - 25 pounds a night (for a family room) if you plan ahead non-refundable.

Location is nice above the large park/green, about ten minutes walk from the action and some good reasonable places to eat or maybe enjoy a pint. So if you are on the property hunt it is well-located.

We use the public library for internet connection and there is an express laundry so the hotel plus these items makes T-Wells a good base, particularly when transiting Gatwick and parts of East Kent (Canterbury 1h 25m) through Tonbridge and at the same time having fast access to Charing Cross in London.
Off topic, went into Birmingham city centre today, very impressive. What a magnificent job they have done. There are restaurants and bars along the canal network and many of the old buildings have been preserved and fit in well with the new. Not the Birmingham people used to sneer about.
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cheers
Deezs are old prices?

Here is one way to go, get a council house in Wandsworth first and then collect 50,000. I wonder who really pays?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13864237
Old Jun 26th 2011, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
Here is one way to go, get a council house in Wandsworth first and then collect 50,000. I wonder who really pays?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13864237
This maybe another case of the UK imitating the US.
See what happened to the US housing market when they tried this? The people moved in and then they couldn't make the payments so they moved out. It wasn't their, the homeowners, fault because they lost their jobs.
We should give visas to all the Brits who want to come here if they agree ahead of time to buy a house.
If they have £50K that is $80K so they could look at hundreds of thousands of homes in that price range in the US.

Side note. When I came to the US in 1955 all you had to do is want to come here and you got a visa in a matter of weeks providing you had good health and had a sponsor in the US. We can thank President John F. Kennedy who hated the Brits, I think, for putting an end to that program.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

The prices of homes have fallen 30% in real terms in the UK, whatever that means.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...in-real-terms/
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-2303317.html

Demand for homes jumps with prices being realistic.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

This is a nice find @ £199,950 I think and its in Wiltshire

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...?premiumA=true
Old Jun 28th 2011, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
This is a nice find @ £199,950 I think and its in Wiltshire

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...?premiumA=true
I love the bit:

"Situated in a well established residential area off of Wingfield Road"

Is nice but very urban, just house after house.

This is low wage Wiltshire. I wonder where the folks go to make that dollar. I hear the local pork is very very good and that is clearly an important segment of local industry. Trowbridge is closer in to Bath and Bradford than I envisaged and links to all points NEWS should be pretty good from there. Bristol 32m, Bath 18m and Dorchester West 1h 23m.

A lot of house. Offer 185,500 and it looks even more.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jun 28th 2011 at 10:58 am.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...e-2303865.html

So they say.

The Independent seams to be all over the place with what is happening on the property scene. Not a biggy.

Last edited by cheers; Jun 28th 2011 at 4:14 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

I love the bit:

"Situated in a well established residential area off of Wingfield Road"

Is nice but very urban, just house after house.

This is low wage Wiltshire. I wonder where the folks go to make that dollar. I hear the local pork is very very good and that is clearly an important segment of local industry. Trowbridge is closer in to Bath and Bradford than I envisaged and links to all points NEWS should be pretty good from there. Bristol 32m, Bath 18m and Dorchester West 1h 23m.

A lot of house. Offer 185,500 and it looks even more.
That's a nice looking house for the money, but some parts of Trowbridge are nicer than others. It has a good town centre with a nice variety of shops, but a bit of reputation as being a bit chavvy.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bandrui
They seem to be the ones that had been planned at least. A couple of weeks ago some well-known environmental leader spoke out in favour of nuclear power. I was trying to find a reference to it but haven't found it as yet.
Even if it is a good thing (and I can't say that I know enough about it ), I shan't be moving anywhere close to one of these plants.
You'll love this!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...down-fukushima
Old Jun 30th 2011, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

The first words that come to mind are unprintable here . Of course, had concerned environmentalists talked about collusion in government concerning cover-ups and mis-information prior to the Guardian's article, they would have been labelled conspiracy theorists, the popular put-down for those not buying the party line or, heaven forbid, not trusting government's word.
Old Jul 1st 2011, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bandrui
The first words that come to mind are unprintable here . Of course, had concerned environmentalists talked about collusion in government concerning cover-ups and mis-information prior to the Guardian's article, they would have been labelled conspiracy theorists, the popular put-down for those not buying the party line or, heaven forbid, not trusting government's word.
Back in the 1960s, the Harold Wilson government issued a D-notice (censorship notice) on Windscale nuclear power station in Cumbria for reasons in their best interest. They even changed the name to Sellafield for the same reasons.
Old Jul 2nd 2011, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Today's LET'S MOVE TO:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2011...northumberland

I had already read that there will be significant impact from public sector cuts in Morpeth. This could provide some opportunity. Sorry to see positives in others' negatives but then everybody else is guilty of that on here.

Look out for Salisbury which must be coming soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.