Location, location, location

Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Location, location, location

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Today's newspapers in the UK are talking of changes to pension arrangements for Government workers, changes in pensionable age for women and changes in tax relief on pension contributions for higher rate tax payers.

Pensions is where the government raiding parties can get the biggest chunk for their coffers.
I get your point, Pete. Ha ha.

This last week in the UK, Tesco and Sainsbury's reported disappointing sales figures for food items in particular as shoppers are cutting back, partly due to the high cost of auto fuel.
The World Food Price Index is up 36% on last year and is probably going to be adversely affected by this year's weather conditions... tornados in the US, record drought in France, etc. so we all might need to think about growing some of our own food.

Of course we all need to change the way we live. The writing has been on the wall for a long time.

It seems that British Banks are not very bullish on the Euro right now:

http://economicsnewspaper.com:80/pol...ece-35387.html

Last edited by bandrui; Jun 20th 2011 at 4:11 am.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnh009
It may be best if you just stick to your plans, I don't think the situation in Europe is going to change in the next 12 months. In fact, given the post war boom, I am not sure if this is a recession or just a fundamental change in the way we have to live. Look at what has happened in Japan. This is what happens when you hit a brick wall with an aging population. The Greek problem should be easy to solve for the gutless politicians. All they have to do is get them to start paying their taxes and stop them all retiring at 50 on a pension.

At least you will get a good exchange rate at the moment but this is unlikely to change in the near future.
I am still working towards my move in small ways but I don't have a good feeling about what is going on in Europe right now and I am one to trust my gut. I still have a lot to do here and this is my busy time gardening so it doesn't impact my plans greatly but I do feel I will have a better idea of where things are going in the next year.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
I am still working towards my move in small ways but I don't have a good feeling about what is going on in Europe right now and I am one to trust my gut. I still have a lot to do here and this is my busy time gardening so it doesn't impact my plans greatly but I do feel I will have a better idea of where things are going in the next year.
Greece and Europe are one thing and that seems to get worse by the day until the banks will take yet another major hit and then what but when you read articles like this you worry far more about the UK and its future. Some of the comments are worth reading as well. The rot set in so long ago that it's hard to imagine implementing change now that will have any real effect, in time.

and this is the Telegraph!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...f-10-jobs.html
Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

I get your point, Pete. Ha ha.

The World Food Price Index is up 36% on last year and is probably going to be adversely affected by this year's weather conditions... tornados in the US, record drought in France, etc. so we all might need to think about growing some of our own food.

Of course we all need to change the way we live. The writing has been on the wall for a long time.

It seems that British Banks are not very bullish on the Euro right now:

http://economicsnewspaper.com:80/pol...ece-35387.html
More on Pension Reform:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-2299920.html
Old Jun 20th 2011, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Some Location Location Location stuff:

some of it ancient history.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-2300052.html
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

This article on the same initiatives in Canada makes me think that this is a G7 plan:

http://www.globalnews.ca/story.html?id=4901632

What do you think?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Some Location Location Location stuff:

some of it ancient history.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-2300052.html
They like our favourite areas , which seem to be faring very well.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have added a new thread: 'The Europe/UK "Situation"' where anyone who is interested can read or post on the current financial and political climate, problems, etc. because I find this an area of great interest right now.

I thought it might help to give it it's own platform as opposed to being included in other threads, particularly this one .
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

They like our favourite areas , which seem to be faring very well.
Are you saying you want the prices to continue to go up?

I didn't read it close enough or I could have answered my own question but from what I remember the south was strong economically so their prices are going up and you will have to sell your house for more money because the houses in your preferred area in England are continuing to go up.

Whats the preferred area today, is it still Swanage area?
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cheers
Are you saying you want the prices to continue to go up?

I didn't read it close enough or I could have answered my own question but from what I remember the south was strong economically so their prices are going up and you will have to sell your house for more money because the houses in your preferred area in England are continuing to go up.

Whats the preferred area today, is it still Swanage area?
By faring well I was alluding to the fact that the prices did not take such a hit druing the recession as other areas. No I don't want prices to go up but it's a positive if the area is economically strong.

I should be at work right now.... but so far, still Swanage (actually just outside Swanage would be my preferred. Yesterday as I was repairing and cleaning out my gutters, it occurred to me that a one-story would definitely be best!
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

NEW nuclear plants, it's official!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ene...arthquake.html
Old Jun 23rd 2011, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

huddm has a spectacular aura abouthuddm has a spectacular aura abouthuddm has a spectacular aura about

Good news

We need the new power generation and investment into new technology. Lots of companies benefit from major projects who are not solely in the nuclear business. I am involved in the Skills Council and new build will offer jobs opportunities for professional and well trained technical staff.

Hudd
Old Jun 24th 2011, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

They seem to be the ones that had been planned at least. A couple of weeks ago some well-known environmental leader spoke out in favour of nuclear power. I was trying to find a reference to it but haven't found it as yet.
Even if it is a good thing (and I can't say that I know enough about it ), I shan't be moving anywhere close to one of these plants.
Old Jun 24th 2011, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a curious flat in Tunbridge Wells. It appears to be tucked behind shops, and they talk it up by mentioning the film Notting Hill. Street View shows that it is surrounded by shops.

http://www.findaproperty.com/display...=0&pid=9025139
Old Jun 24th 2011, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Wiltshire.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-30485497.html

Take a look at this village on street view. Take away the cars and it looks like it is back in the 1800's or it is on a movie set.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.